What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Though I was born in silly Suffolk, Norfolk has been my ‘go back home to’ place since I was 13. It is lovely, and with an incredible variety of beaches.
I love Suffolk also and we are off to Orford for 4 days in a couple of weeks. We feel so lucky that there are so many lovely places In Norfolk and Suffolk.

For years and years we went everywhere but never Norfolk or Suffolk. It has been so lovely to discover how much we like to holiday much closer to home.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Apropos of nothing (except it is health-related, like this BB) --

my-dentist-told-me-brushing-alone.jpg

https://www.medinafamilydentistry.com/blog/brushing-alone-enough/
Particularly funny as I used to handle dental emergency calls , would love to have given them this advice, although dont think it could have made them smile through their pain!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Still boiling here in Norfolk!!! And this is still.making me giggle. My arms are starting to ache though now!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190727-055935_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20190727-055935_Facebook.jpg
    454.8 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Reactions: HarryBeau

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
9.6 this morning

Welcome rains outside
Got bedroom door to the garden open...
Sitting in bed breathing in this cold fresh air.
Outdoor thermometer still at 17.6 C at 7:15 am
Goodness knows what that would have been without the rain.
Waiting for cat to come in from his outdoors cool hiding place.
He won't come into the bungalow these hot days.
If I carry him in he does an about turn in my arms and leaps down and goes straight out again glowering at me. I have to put his food dish outside.
None of my past cats have come inside this bungalow in very warm weather, not even for food.
What do they know that I don't?

Have a good day

Take care

>^..^<

Last edited:

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Cooler and rather damp here this morning. I awoke with a sore throat and a 4.2 but no migraine so all good.
Packed and almost ready for summer camp. The garage is full of luggage and crates of food, tuck shop, games and other necessary equipment (shower gel, spare clothes etc) the girls we take are from the less fortunate end of the spectrum.
Just got to pack it all into a can and them into a minibus, drive arrive unpack it all prepare a meal, feed them entertain them and it will be bed time!! I believe the forecast for the week is rain interrupted by periods of thunder and heavy rain!!
I am sure a good time will be had by all!
I will endeavour to remain true to the low carb mantra but it does tend to be a very high carb atmosphere. I will also try to post daily but that will be governed by the WiFi or lack there of.
Take care

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just had a very good phone conversation with the manager of the small-town apartment community. He will be able to move me back down the waiting list, which means I will have the 12-18-month wait time I originally thought I would have. It is a HUGE relief to me, because now I can (hopefully) build up my savings account for the move. And last night a friend called and offered to drive me up there for a day trip, to meet with him, whenever I get back to the top of the waiting list. This would mean, for her, a 150-mile drive to my place, then just over 100 miles to the town, then a few hours there, then back here, then back to her home. She does a lot of driving anyway, to her family homeplace as well as hauling horses around, but for her to have offered to drive me was a real gift.
She also offered to move me whenever the time is right, just hitch up her horse trailer to her truck and hit the road. "It'll be fun!" she said -- and it will be. That is one of the things I miss so much these days -- I used to love hanging out with my trainer the barn manager, hitching up the trailer and hitting the road to deliver a horse, or pick up a horse or a load of hay or feed, or heading out to some little town in the middle of nowhere to price feed and sample saddles and look at halters and bridles and fencing and tractor parts ...

Is it obvious that 3/4 of my ancestors (all the Southern ones) were farmers? :)

That is amazing that offer.
Perfect to give you time for you to go and visit the place.
And her offer of removal is fantastic.
A whole pile of stress now lifted off your shoulders.

Older age can bring restrictions of things we used to do when we were younger (because of health and stuff). And it can bring a feeling of restriction of freedom. Even if freedom is an illusion we all need that freedom.

I have been hankering for that freedom again, when I took to the road in my car (and with J when he was alive), and we would sell our paintings all over the country, and sleep in the car on mountain tops and watch the dawn rise...

I dream every day of that......

>^..^<

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning folks, 5.9 on the dice, busy weekend ahead holidays are about a week away so last minute prepping for them and family from Ireland coming over tomorrow which will be fun and possibly messy.
Have a glorious weekend people, it'll soon be Monday.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There are signs of dampness in the air, it’s dripping onto the ground and being sucked up by the plants like a slice of bread sucking up that other and more delicious dripping in the bottom of a frying pan. Cooler also - still going to leave the fan on though - can’t take chances with just a bit of dampness.

The wonder wheel of digesting Indian food made by a Bangladeshi chef was a middling 5.5 this morning.

Yesterday was a day wandering round Oxford pretending to look as though I have GCSE home economics and an A level in something with “ology” on the end. Went to the Pit Rivers Museum for the shrunken heads but they have been taken off the menu. Had to do with lunch in Browns.

Have a wonderful day if you can - BBQ’s in the rain for all.

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...a very late night (more like early morning) I got distracted by a film ...the rain yesterday was so welcome all the doors & windows wide open...hoping (selfishly) for more of the same...woke to a 6.9

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.5 this morning after a nice fish supper. So glad to wake up to rain and the best type to nourish the garden. No real plans for today other than a small bit of food shopping. @Bildad you are an amazing volunteer especially with the risk of migraine. Those kids will remember this week for the rest of their lives. I hope it goes well for you and all concerned. @gennepher glad you are enjoying the cooler weather and hope Popeye comes in soon. I found your thoughts about restriction of freedom in older age quite emotional. That would bother me too. I hope if that day comes I will be able to bear it. @Debandez your holiday in Norfolk sounds fab and its lovely that your FIL is enjoying it too. Defo want to get to Norfolk soon.
@SaskiaKC I am so pleased you have solved the conundrum of the move and bought yourself a bit of time. Your friend sounds really generous and great fun. I can just imagine a movie of the two of you and the KC on the road trip.
Have a great Saturday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Bildad perhaps a slightly inauspicious start but a truly wonderful thing you are doing so God bless you. @karen8967 hope that is not low enough to cause problems. @HarrisonK hopefully the cooler weather will bring more sleep and lower your numbers. @SaskiaKC two really uplifting pieces of news yesterday. So pleased for you.
Cooler here so naturally I woke much earlier but bg still may be 4.6. Off to a Christening and 1st birthday celebration for 1 granddaughter in a place called Helions Bumpstead (Essex, Suffolk, Cambs border) while another granddaughter has a 1st birthday party in Southampton. (Probably rude to take my own food and drink but taking 89.7 y.o. MIL so can leave early.) Really need a Time Turner.

Last edited: