1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Alien Aspie, Apr 24, 2019.

1. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

This has made me laugh and get looks from people around me! Sitting in Costa with coffee&cream waiting anxiously for the grooming salon to say they’ve finished Dennis’ spruce up. I left a zillion of his favourite toys, Kong stuffed with treats etc etc. It reminds me of the feeling at my daughter’s first day at school.

• Hug Hug x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  2. DJC3

DJC3 Type 2 · Expert

As @Krystyna23040 has said, the morning sugars take longest to come down. It won’t happen instantly, don’t worry. Have you looked around the forum and read the beginners advice?

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

5.8 Friday morning. @jjraak , cue the ukeleles and surfer dudes, if you please! I feel like shooting the curl today, and whoever has rain over their heads today, join me! I'm only hanging five at the moment (over the edge of the sofa cushion).

@Krystyna23040 I am glad you knew how to post that link for @Weehotty , I wanted to tag Daisy but I don't know how.

@dunelm what is a potager? Someone on another BB posted about starting an "edible garden" and just mentioned the word -- all I know is potage - soup.

@ianpspurs I enjoyed your post -- it reminded me of a happy marriage between Charles Dickens and Jane Porter, honeymooning on the Golden Hind to the music of Irving Berlin.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

Awww ... that reminded me of my sweet and feisty MasCat ... (sniff-smile-chuckle). Hug.

In the first Superintendent Bone mystery there is a cat called Buffy Struggles. ^. .^

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  5. jjraak

jjraak Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Your wish.
    My Command.

Plus you made me laugh."hanging five". :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Surf's up , dude..:)

• Like Like x 4
    • Hug Hug x 1
  6. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

Thank you, @jjraak :)

The MasCat:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. PenguinMum

PenguinMum Type 2 · Well-Known Member

@ianpspurs I also enjoyed your post and agree with all you said :banghead:
    @geefull liked the account of your mothers cat..another artful [email protected] hope Dennis enjoyed the groomers and is looking even more lovely, if thats possible. Congrats on FBG which propelled me to my fish man again. Tonight its Halibut steaks and scallops, a veritible feast some might say. @SaskiaKC what a beauty MasCat was such a lovely pic. You’ll sleep well tonight after all that surfing :joyful:
    Nearly the weekend from what I hear. No rain here so far.

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
  8. pavlosn

pavlosn Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I had a full body pet/ct scan this morning and I just received the results: No evidence of infection, inflamation or malignancy.

I feel like a great weight has been lifted.

I can go back to just having to worry about diabetes

Pavlos

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 4
  9. jjraak

jjraak Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Aww she's a beauty..xx

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  10. Viv19

Viv19 · Well-Known Member

Though I was born in silly Suffolk, Norfolk has been my ‘go back home to’ place since I was 13. It is lovely, and with an incredible variety of beaches.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Cumberland

Cumberland Type 1 · Master

Ian

Thank you good man

• Friendly Friendly x 7
  12. Cumberland

Cumberland Type 1 · Master

7.8 that’s ok
    Have a good evening

• Like Like x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

She was a sweetheart, with a bite. Simon & Garfunkel wrote a song about her:

She purrs,
    She likes me,
    She gets up on my knee and bites me
    Yeah, she loves me like a cat, oh yeah,
    She loves me like a cat, uh-huh

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
  14. Debandez

Debandez Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

I think we have covered most of Norfolk today going down memory lane for John!!! Its really beautiful!!!

• Like Like x 8
  15. Debandez

5.7 I'm.happy

In Norfolk on hols with FIL for his 90th so nicking my social media post and some pics to keep this short.

Happy Friday everyone

What a day to be travelling 4 hours in a car to Norfolk. Actually I bet we were cooler in there than any of you! Very pleasant journey. Stopped off in Sleaford at the Barge and Bottle (canalside obviously). Blown away (not with the wind cos sadly there was non!). Top class pub with ducks ducking and diving with bums in the air waving their feet around having so much fun feeding. Heartwarming to watch. Couldn't fault pub. I feel an excellent TripAdvisor review coming up. I had the most amazing naked burger smothered in stilton, surrounded by salad with homemade coleslaw and I treated myself to 2 onion rings. What the hell, you only live once. 2 glasses of pinot grigio of the large variety, one lapping up the sunshine and 2nd inside with wonderful aircon.

Pulled up to our hotel with Eric's dad (this is his 90th birthday presie) to a stunning hotel front, festooned with the most amazing hanging baskets (phone flat so no pics!). Inside of hotel is just perfect. Couldn't wish for a better hotel. John's room was just right. Ours had a musty smell so we just mentioned at reception and 'voila ' we now are the proud owners of the penthouse suite! Happy days. Eric's dad is pooped so me and hubby are going to explore Kings Lynn. Looking good so far that's for sure. I'm enjoying John's birthday very much!

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 4
  16. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

@Debandez

Happy Birthday to Eric's dad! Glad to hear y'all are having fun among the North folk.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Debandez

Having a fab time. Met some wonderful people. Seen some beautiful places. More tomorrow. Hunstanton and Cromer being 2 of them.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

I just had a very good phone conversation with the manager of the small-town apartment community. He will be able to move me back down the waiting list, which means I will have the 12-18-month wait time I originally thought I would have. It is a HUGE relief to me, because now I can (hopefully) build up my savings account for the move. And last night a friend called and offered to drive me up there for a day trip, to meet with him, whenever I get back to the top of the waiting list. This would mean, for her, a 150-mile drive to my place, then just over 100 miles to the town, then a few hours there, then back here, then back to her home. She does a lot of driving anyway, to her family homeplace as well as hauling horses around, but for her to have offered to drive me was a real gift.
    She also offered to move me whenever the time is right, just hitch up her horse trailer to her truck and hit the road. "It'll be fun!" she said -- and it will be. That is one of the things I miss so much these days -- I used to love hanging out with my trainer the barn manager, hitching up the trailer and hitting the road to deliver a horse, or pick up a horse or a load of hay or feed, or heading out to some little town in the middle of nowhere to price feed and sample saddles and look at halters and bridles and fencing and tractor parts ...

Is it obvious that 3/4 of my ancestors (all the Southern ones) were farmers? :)

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 4
  20. Debandez

Hope this doesn't offend anyone, this photo of me, tonight. I just have to offload some of this heat!!!

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 3
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook