What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Made me chuckle and remember how difficult it was to get a worming tablet down our (late) Ginger. When I took him to the vet I asked him to do it. He gave me a withering look and said “no problem”. After we both struggled and failed he got the nurse in “she is so used to doing this...” After a tremendous 3 person 1 cat struggle it was done. Just as I was about to put him in his crate on the table a small white fast missile went past the vets shoulder to the far corner of the room. I was so proud of my boy!

This has made me laugh and get looks from people around me! Sitting in Costa with coffee&cream waiting anxiously for the grooming salon to say they’ve finished Dennis’ spruce up. I left a zillion of his favourite toys, Kong stuffed with treats etc etc. It reminds me of the feeling at my daughter’s first day at school.

Reactions: Viv19 and HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 Friday morning. @jjraak , cue the ukeleles and surfer dudes, if you please! I feel like shooting the curl today, and whoever has rain over their heads today, join me! I'm only hanging five at the moment (over the edge of the sofa cushion).

@Krystyna23040 I am glad you knew how to post that link for @Weehotty , I wanted to tag Daisy but I don't know how.

@dunelm what is a potager? Someone on another BB posted about starting an "edible garden" and just mentioned the word -- all I know is potage - soup.

@ianpspurs I enjoyed your post -- it reminded me of a happy marriage between Charles Dickens and Jane Porter, honeymooning on the Golden Hind to the music of Irving Berlin.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good call @SaskiaKC .

Our belles, hated the cat box.. Until we left it out,a advised for her to sniff and get used to.
She'd sit in it, but not sleep in it.

Made getting her in to it when needed a little less traumatic then it could have been...

On a side note , had her at vets one time.
Trying to clip claws

Vet holds her .. Struggles
Vet assistant steps into help... Struggles
I step in and help.. Struggles
Towel over her.. Struggles
In the end vet slips on her a cat mask modelled I'm sure on Hannibal lector...STILL STRUGGLES

Vet at that point gives up.

Seems belles was feral, before we got her
(Was a pure rescue, to pass her on to new owner..(wife's uncle). But we feel in love and the rest is history).. Which explained her fierceness, so said vet.

But the abiding image of her in the mask like SUPERCAT, ..taking on 3 grown adults AND winning, always makes us chuckle.. Bless her

Still miss her every day..

Awww ... that reminded me of my sweet and feisty MasCat ... (sniff-smile-chuckle). Hug.

In the first Superintendent Bone mystery there is a cat called Buffy Struggles. ^. .^

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.8 Friday morning. @jjraak , cue the ukeleles and surfer dudes, if you please! I feel like shooting the curl today, and whoever has rain over their heads today, join me! I'm only hanging five at the moment (over the edge of the sofa cushion).

@Krystyna23040 I am glad you knew how to post that link for @Weehotty , I wanted to tag Daisy but I don't know how.

@dunelm what is a potager? Someone on another BB posted about starting an "edible garden" and just mentioned the word -- all I know is potage - soup.

@ianpspurs I enjoyed your post -- it reminded me of a happy marriage between Charles Dickens and Jane Porter, honeymooning on the Golden Hind to the music of Irving Berlin.

Your wish.
My Command.

Plus you made me laugh."hanging five". :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Surf's up , dude..:)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you, @jjraak :)

The MasCat:
30566-aa74f4fdd7703c64067480071a3924e3.jpg

Attachments

• Mas portrait.jpg
    Mas portrait.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 109

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs I also enjoyed your post and agree with all you said :banghead:
@geefull liked the account of your mothers cat..another artful dodger!@DJC3 hope Dennis enjoyed the groomers and is looking even more lovely, if thats possible. Congrats on FBG which propelled me to my fish man again. Tonight its Halibut steaks and scallops, a veritible feast some might say. @SaskiaKC what a beauty MasCat was such a lovely pic. You’ll sleep well tonight after all that surfing :joyful:
Nearly the weekend from what I hear. No rain here so far.

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had a full body pet/ct scan this morning and I just received the results: No evidence of infection, inflamation or malignancy.

I feel like a great weight has been lifted.

I can go back to just having to worry about diabetes

Pavlos

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 I'm.happy

In Norfolk on hols with FIL for his 90th so nicking my social media post and some pics to keep this short.

Happy Friday everyone

What a day to be travelling 4 hours in a car to Norfolk. Actually I bet we were cooler in there than any of you! Very pleasant journey. Stopped off in Sleaford at the Barge and Bottle (canalside obviously). Blown away (not with the wind cos sadly there was non!). Top class pub with ducks ducking and diving with bums in the air waving their feet around having so much fun feeding. Heartwarming to watch. Couldn't fault pub. I feel an excellent TripAdvisor review coming up. I had the most amazing naked burger smothered in stilton, surrounded by salad with homemade coleslaw and I treated myself to 2 onion rings. What the hell, you only live once. 2 glasses of pinot grigio of the large variety, one lapping up the sunshine and 2nd inside with wonderful aircon.

Pulled up to our hotel with Eric's dad (this is his 90th birthday presie) to a stunning hotel front, festooned with the most amazing hanging baskets (phone flat so no pics!). Inside of hotel is just perfect. Couldn't wish for a better hotel. John's room was just right. Ours had a musty smell so we just mentioned at reception and 'voila ' we now are the proud owners of the penthouse suite! Happy days. Eric's dad is pooped so me and hubby are going to explore Kings Lynn. Looking good so far that's for sure. I'm enjoying John's birthday very much!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just had a very good phone conversation with the manager of the small-town apartment community. He will be able to move me back down the waiting list, which means I will have the 12-18-month wait time I originally thought I would have. It is a HUGE relief to me, because now I can (hopefully) build up my savings account for the move. And last night a friend called and offered to drive me up there for a day trip, to meet with him, whenever I get back to the top of the waiting list. This would mean, for her, a 150-mile drive to my place, then just over 100 miles to the town, then a few hours there, then back here, then back to her home. She does a lot of driving anyway, to her family homeplace as well as hauling horses around, but for her to have offered to drive me was a real gift.
She also offered to move me whenever the time is right, just hitch up her horse trailer to her truck and hit the road. "It'll be fun!" she said -- and it will be. That is one of the things I miss so much these days -- I used to love hanging out with my trainer the barn manager, hitching up the trailer and hitting the road to deliver a horse, or pick up a horse or a load of hay or feed, or heading out to some little town in the middle of nowhere to price feed and sample saddles and look at halters and bridles and fencing and tractor parts ...

Is it obvious that 3/4 of my ancestors (all the Southern ones) were farmers? :)