What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.5 this morning after a nice fish supper. So glad to wake up to rain and the best type to nourish the garden. No real plans for today other than a small bit of food shopping. @Bildad you are an amazing volunteer especially with the risk of migraine. Those kids will remember this week for the rest of their lives. I hope it goes well for you and all concerned. @gennepher glad you are enjoying the cooler weather and hope Popeye comes in soon. I found your thoughts about restriction of freedom in older age quite emotional. That would bother me too. I hope if that day comes I will be able to bear it. @Debandez your holiday in Norfolk sounds fab and its lovely that your FIL is enjoying it too. Defo want to get to Norfolk soon.
@SaskiaKC I am so pleased you have solved the conundrum of the move and bought yourself a bit of time. Your friend sounds really generous and great fun. I can just imagine a movie of the two of you and the KC on the road trip.
Have a great Saturday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.
Morning All. 5.5 this morning after a nice fish supper. So glad to wake up to rain and the best type to nourish the garden. No real plans for today other than a small bit of food shopping. @Bildad you are an amazing volunteer especially with the risk of migraine. Those kids will remember this week for the rest of their lives. I hope it goes well for you and all concerned. @gennepher glad you are enjoying the cooler weather and hope Popeye comes in soon. I found your thoughts about restriction of freedom in older age quite emotional. That would bother me too. I hope if that day comes I will be able to bear it. @Debandez your holiday in Norfolk sounds fab and its lovely that your FIL is enjoying it too. Defo want to get to Norfolk soon.
@SaskiaKC I am so pleased you have solved the conundrum of the move and bought yourself a bit of time. Your friend sounds really generous and great fun. I can just imagine a movie of the two of you and the KC on the road trip.
Have a great Saturday everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

He is loving it. Covered some miles. If I had a £1 for every time he said 'this used to be 0ur favourite ..... ' bless.

Attachments

• 20190726_123723_resized_1.jpg
    20190726_123723_resized_1.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 102

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6 again this morning, after 6.1 last night. Really pleased.
@Debandez. Glad you are enjoying Norfolk. Are you also going to Norwich?
I think you’ll need some waterproofs today and tomorrow.
I probably missed it, but is your FIL from Norfolk?
We are loving it! Can't fit Norwich in. Homeward bound tomorrow. Rain holding off so far. We've been very lucky.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy Saturday, everyone!

This morning my meter gave me something that looked a little like this --

cricket-stump-png-md.png

-- anybody got any ideas as to what it might have meant?

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cooler and rather damp here this morning. I awoke with a sore throat and a 4.2 but no migraine so all good.
Packed and almost ready for summer camp. The garage is full of luggage and crates of food, tuck shop, games and other necessary equipment (shower gel, spare clothes etc) the girls we take are from the less fortunate end of the spectrum.
Just got to pack it all into a can and them into a minibus, drive arrive unpack it all prepare a meal, feed them entertain them and it will be bed time!! I believe the forecast for the week is rain interrupted by periods of thunder and heavy rain!!
I am sure a good time will be had by all!
I will endeavour to remain true to the low carb mantra but it does tend to be a very high carb atmosphere. I will also try to post daily but that will be governed by the WiFi or lack there of.
Take care

Prayers and best wishes for a wonderful and wondrous time for all of y'all. I always enjoy reading about your work with these youngsters. Blessings to you all.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That is amazing that offer.
Perfect to give you time for you to go and visit the place.
And her offer of removal is fantastic.
A whole pile of stress now lifted off your shoulders.

Older age can bring restrictions of things we used to do when we were younger (because of health and stuff). And it can bring a feeling of restriction of freedom. Even if freedom is an illusion we all need that freedom.

I have been hankering for that freedom again, when I took to the road in my car (and with J when he was alive), and we would sell our paintings all over the country, and sleep in the car on mountain tops and watch the dawn rise...

I dream every day of that......

>^..^<

Back in the 1970s when gas was cheap and I was in my 20s I used to be happiest when I had a full tank and an open road in front of me. I had a 4-speed Mustang II, no air-conditioning and no radio, and was happy as a lark driving the country roads with my friends.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Not posted for a few days, been living a life away from here, sorry and not been banned yet either.
Me and me's blood sugars have been in the range of 4.0 to 6.8

It's interesting riding a motorcycle up and down the country while managing blood sugars. Here is a list of major roads ridden, ( other military ranks available ) in no particular order. A19, A43, A34, A329, A40, M40, M18, M1 and driven on the M4 and M5.

Hand and footnote motorway service stations full of killer carbs and not much else

If you search carefully you can find roast Armadillo on the menu in a few places.
Well folks enjoy what's left and right of today.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher your J sounds like a wonderful man and he had a very special lady. You are so right, we have lots of things to do and achieve.
Has Popeye come in yet?

Thank you @PenguinMum
Yes he came in finally, but is sitting on my lap, by open door (to outside) because it is still too warm in the bungalow. It has been raining non stop.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@PenguinMum and @gennepher I feel like we are sitting together in a virtual Feline Forest (like a Dog Park but with shade trees for climbing). Tears like rain, smiles like the sun, laughter like purring. And the purring of Bobs and Daisy, Popeye, and the KittenCat sharpening their claws on the bark (meow!).

Group hug!
grouphug.gif
Brilliant @SaskiaKC
That is beautiful!
:happy::happy::happy:
:cat::cat::cat::cat:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not posted for a few days, been living a life away from here, sorry and not been banned yet either.
Me and me's blood sugars have been in the range of 4.0 to 6.8

It's interesting riding a motorcycle up and down the country while managing blood sugars. Here is a list of major roads ridden, ( other military ranks available ) in no particular order. A19, A43, A34, A329. M40, M18, M1 and driven on the M4 and M5.

Hand and footnote motorway service stations full of killer carbs and not much else

If you search carefully you can find roast Armadillo on the menu in a few places.
Well folks enjoy what's left and right of today.

You sound like J.R.R. Tolkien, writing of the misadventures of the criminal Bill Stickers and the pursuing officer, Major Road Ahead.

Thanks for the memory. :D

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
359F88A8-7A3F-4919-85DB-4D2FB5934390.jpeg
Back in the 1970s when gas was cheap and I was in my 20s I used to be happiest when I had a full tank and an open road in front of me. I had a 4-speed Mustang II, no air-conditioning and no radio, and was happy as a lark driving the country roads with my friends.
Brilliant @SaskiaKC
I had a little blue Vespa scooter, pretty much like this pic, when I was 17, about 1966, and I drove all round the countryside. No helmets were worn then. And I had the miniest of mini skirts...

I have had my eye on one of these 3 wheeled Piaggio for a few years now.
A guy let me drive his round a car park a few years ago!!!
I've been saving my pennies...

So batty old cantankerous lady can take on the TT races in the Isle of Man with this...

But the oldies race would only be for previous contestants, unless I could pretend to be my cousin...

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
View attachment 34517
Brilliant @SaskiaKC
I had a little blue Vespa scooter, pretty much like this pic, when I was 17, about 1966, and I drove all round the countryside. No helmets were worn then. And I had the miniest of mini skirts...

So batty old cantankerous lady can take on the TT races in the Isle of Man with this...

But the oldies race would only be for previous contestants, unless I could pretend to be my cousin...

Well now i'm curious about your cousin..mmhh?

But the MP3.

looks and drive like a scooter apart from the width, i think.

i see plenty out and about and some of them fairly chuck em about,
but as they say "The Wrist controls the Twist" so you don't have to go m,ad on it...( but ya could.;). )

nice idea, @gennepher
if ever i got rid of the Bike, i'd be tempted by a scooter.
Love em when we are away.:happy:

Just in case, here is a REVIEW i spotted ages ago..
not too shabby, but not everyone who bikes likes em..,( :bag:)

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@PenguinMum and @gennepher I feel like we are sitting together in a virtual Feline Forest (like a Dog Park but with shade trees for climbing). Tears like rain, smiles like the sun, laughter like purring. And the purring of Bobs and Daisy, Popeye, and the KittenCat sharpening their claws on the bark (meow!).

Group hug!
grouphug.gif
That is purrfect! Can I just say the one who climbs the tree too high and needs rescueing will be Bobs! She’s got form! :cat:

Reactions: Debandez

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 34517
Brilliant @SaskiaKC

When I can’t get on my bike any more, a three wheeled scooter will be the way to go. No idea how it will fair filtering through traffic though.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

But the MP3.

but as they say "The Wrist controls the Twist" so you don't have to go m,ad on it...( but ya could.;). )

nice idea, @gennepher
Love em when we are

But the MP3.

nice idea, @gennepher
Love em when we are away.:happy:

Just in case, here is a REVIEW i spotted ages ago..
not too shabby, but not everyone who bikes likes em..,( :bag:)

:)
I have both a motorbike licence and a car licence.

My balance not now good enough for a two wheeler scooter. I would need a 3 wheeler now if I were to go for one.

I don’t mind the different! That’s an interesting review. Thanks!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When I can’t get on my bike any more, a three wheeled scooter will be the way to go. No idea how it will fair filtering through traffic though.
It depends on traffic and that particular road. There are a couple of roads near me I would avoid because of frequent gridlocked traffic. And there isn’t a safe space to filter there, although bikes do and I hold my breath sometimes... But I avoid those roads in my car anyway. I prefer to keep the car moving than sit in traffic where possible.
I have already worked out the routes I would need to take round here. I am talking from safety sake.

I was close considering it a couple of years ago, but I got a car instead.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
London biker..so little option BUT to filter.
think i've mastered it..beep beep coming through :D..:hilarious:
( it's like two races taking place at the same time..the Grid for the cars,
and the Gaps for the bikes..
newbies don't last long without being able to filter well.

My bike skinny-ish..so most gaps, most days, most roads, front of grid.and GO..no worries
the big trailee, with panniers...too FAT..LoL
the MP3 some can and do

BUT the life expectancy of the deliveroo riders...:woot::***:

Them go through gaps that just aren't there...:wideyed:

so filtering, nice and the REASON to have a bike in town,
but not essential if you don't have to be anywhere at a given time.

Some days i just sit behind the car in front, cos i just can't be bothered.
observing the antics of others, quite amusing.if a little *** :***:
rarely puts me too far behind other bikers, once traffic flows and i'm free to pick up the pace.

Liking the thinking @gennepher .:)

Reactions: HarryBeau