What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
5.3 for me today. Just asked Google for the weather forecast and apparently, it's going to be partly cloudy with a high of 22. I still struggle on how to dress for the British weather. I'd say I'd need a jacket for the dog walk as it's 17 degrees. Have a great day everyone. :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd say I'd need a jacket for the dog walk as it's 17 degrees. Have a great day everyone. :)
Nice number but, personally, I'd say you need a dog more than a jacket for a dog walk. Just saying.:angelic:

Last edited:

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Housework - hate housework with a passion - and rude people.
Blue Anchor for a beach barbeque with No.2 son - sausages, daughter's homemade burgers and lamb steaks with salad and my homemade mayonnaise followed by fresh strawberries and lashings of clotted cream. I even found myself overcome by temptation and ate one whole sweet chilli flavoured crisp! It was disapointing....
5.9 this morning. I really thought, given that we didn't stop eating till around 11pm, that it would have been higher...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good to see you again @JohnEGreen and with a spiffing fbg. @karen8967 you too have a good day and great to see a cheery start for you. Usually many more posts by now makes me wonder if either a new thread has opened or I am missing lots of posts. 4.7 on the meter for me today which looks fine on the screen but I know it is not certain to be accurate and even if it was accurate is only 1 reading at 1 point in time. Repeatability seems to be the issue for many of us, me very much included. Always easier foe me in summer and early autumn. Egg or cheese salad every meal has been my default setting for years. Autumn, winter and spring with LCD don't work for me. Anyone else find certain seasons easier to mange?
@LindsayJane sounds like a magical evening, food and company you loved and good result this morning. Perfect for you
Update: How could I have forgotten approx 10 pints of tea and at least 1 avocado daily? Please be an Indian summer.

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@ianpspurs nice to see you too also with some excellent readings even if you are not enrirely convinced of their veracity. :)

I have a funeral to attend tomorrow so am not sure if I will be posting much it is my good friends send off he is pictured in my avatar photo. We have been exhorted to wear no black only bright and cheerful colours his wish. And if we can bring ourselves to do it maybe Nottingham Forrest colours he having been a life long supporter. His father actually played for them back when footballers got paid an average of fifteen pounds a week.

Reactions: Shahnaz2357

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs nice to see you too also with some excellent readings even if you are not enrirely convinced of their veracity. :)

I have a funeral to attend tomorrow so am not sure if I will be posting much it is my good friends send off he is pictured in my avatar photo. We have been exhorted to wear no black only bright and cheerful colours his wish. And if we can bring ourselves to do it maybe Nottingham Forrest colours he having been a life long supporter. His father actually played for them back when footballers got paid an average of fifteen pounds a week.
Sorry for your loss - was this the priest? you wrote about so movingly some time ago? Couldn't decide between hug or winner for the implied firm faith to the end.

LindsayJane

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Housework - hate housework with a passion - and rude people.
Good to see you again @JohnEGreen and with a spiffing fbg. @karen8967 you too have a good day and great to see a cheery start for you. Usually many more posts by now makes me wonder if either a new thread has opened or I am missing lots of posts. 4.7 on the meter for me today which looks fine on the screen but I know it is not certain to be accurate and even if it was accurate is 1 reading at 1 point in time. Repeatability seems to be the issue for many of us, me very much included. Always easier foe me in summer and early autumn. Egg or cheese salad every meal has been my default setting for years. Autumn, winter and spring with LCD don't work for me. Anyone else find certain seasons easier to mange?
@LindsayJane sounds like a magical evening, food and company you loved and good result this morning. Perfect for you
Too early in my journey to know but, seeing as I suffer with SADs I rather suspect January/February will be difficult

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Sorry for your loss - was this the priest? you wrote about so movingly some time ago? Couldn't decide between hug or winner for the implied firm faith to the end.
Yes he passed a couple of weeks ago the very last thing he said was Amen at the conclusion of prayers his wife and his vicar had been saying for him.

A faith that was as strong to his very last breath.

Oh and I'll take the winner every time if you don't mind. Tomorrow we will celebrate his life not mourn his passing as was his wish.