What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Busy day today, didn't get to forum!! List a lot shorter now. But I still have a list. Gutted!

So tonight me and Eric painted,,,,and painted,,,, then painted some more. Not in our plans until plasterer said the newly rendered walls needed painting asap to protect from heat! Just home, gone 9pm. Spotted my little garden over growing at front of house. Thoughts of family coming Sunday ran in for sheers and started trimming, looking mighty fine now. The more you do the more you want to do. Bags of energy.

Skipped tea. Having a glass of red, cheese, a ryvita and a few nuts. Feet up. Fbs won't be good. It's very late to be eating. It was delish though.

Pics of house (son's) when bought , stage 1 and stage 2. Stage 3 will have pretty white stones around decking, artificial grass in 2 side bits, shower glass for fencing, and a few lights in the decking. Maybe wall lights too. It's a WIP But coming together.

Ok if my eyes stay open long enough I'm going to catch up.on thread!

Cool! :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
68662758_2710429905671496_7767202674096734208_n.jpg

Attachments

• string1.jpg
    string1.jpg
    678.2 KB · Views: 112

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant....and the very reason i want THAT on every T2D's first checks
never mentioned until i did the research for myself.
(Hate how ignorance, could see it depleted to the point it becomes unrecoverable,
is our health really so disposable..:banghead: )

Luckily i'm in range, but lower then i like, and took methylcobalamin at first,
then when i ran out bought a boots one, which i now double checked is cyanocobalamin

So as doctor Barry suggested it ..it seemed rude not to order his recommendation, so amazon,
get that drone to me, asap...:D

Thank you SO much for the kind post and thoughtful link, debs.

i knew of it, but had not seen his informative video.

You Rock.....
m1264.gif

Gee thanks @jjraak

Couldn't find a blush so you're having a hug. I'm sure someone will point me in the right direction soon though.

I listened to these yesterday and enjoyed them too. Here you go.

Love Fung and Ken

Whilst you have the time make the most of it. Hope you are feeling more yourself now.

We have to help each other. That is how it works when you're diabetic it seems.

B12 is so important. Since my sister had her gastric bypass @10 years ago she has to have regular injections. She gets very low before them and has zilch energy but after she has it she could do the work of 1000.

Brilliant....and the very reason i want THAT on every T2D's first checks
never mentioned until i did the research for myself.
(Hate how ignorance, could see it depleted to the point it becomes unrecoverable,
is our health really so disposable..:banghead: )

Luckily i'm in range, but lower then i like, and took methylcobalamin at first,
then when i ran out bought a boots one, which i now double checked is cyanocobalamin

So as doctor Barry suggested it ..it seemed rude not to order his recommendation, so amazon,
get that drone to me, asap...:D

Thank you SO much for the kind post and thoughtful link, debs.

i knew of it, but had not seen his informative video.

You Rock.....
m1264.gif

Reactions: HarryBeau and Viv19

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
fbg 7.9

Thunderstorms promised today by weatherman...
View attachment 34915
and torrential rain
View attachment 34916
but I am hoping for
View attachment 34918
Have a good day x

We just had torrential rain here with some grumbly thunder following a llloonnnggg lightning show. Last seen heading northeast, as do the majority of thunderstorms here but I will hope this one will blow itself out over the Atlantic so it won't reach you. The KittenCat came out of hiding before it was all over and fell asleep on me.

Reactions: HarryBeau

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just sharing the love

https://deliciouslyguiltfree.com/

20% off up to 11pm tonight.

Got a stack of cakes from real food rocks. Delicious.

10% off first order any other time.

Expect the devil to pop up any second! I'm ready for him today ' go forth and multiply' - just so the mods don't ban me ;-) only 2g per cake or less so shove that on her fork and eat it ya little devil

I don't do kitchen so brilliant for me.

Reactions: HarryBeau and Viv19

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
At the conclusion only a third of the 100 were in remission...so initially 46% got to remission... 2 years later 76% of the 46% were still in remission so overall a third of the original study group...I agree with @jjraak (and Mark Twain) looks very much like massaging the figures to me.

Thanks for that but I’m having difficulty seeing where the massaging took place in both the original study looking at Beta cell failure and insulin resistance and then the larger DiRECT trials?
https://www.ncl.ac.uk/magres/research/diabetes/reversal/#scientificinformation

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/landia/article/PIIS2213-8587(19)30068-3/fulltext

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Trying to catch up after yesterday. Thank you all so much for your anniversary thoughts.

The wonder wheel of savoury afternoon teas and a sneaky grab at a slither of ginger cake ran in at 6.0 this am.

Spent the afternoon wandering round the little visited Yards in the west cliff area of Whitby after a visit to Elizabeth Bothams tea rooms for afternoon tea. Later, meeting up with friends in the evening for dinner.

Have a great day if you can, hugs for all if you need one.

upload_2019-8-14_7-11-41.jpeg

upload_2019-8-14_7-13-3.jpeg

upload_2019-8-14_7-14-11.jpeg

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Trying to catch up after yesterday. Thank you all so much for your anniversary thoughts.

The wonder wheel of savoury afternoon teas and a sneaky grab at a slither of ginger cake ran in at 6.0 this am.

Spent the afternoon wandering round the little visited Yards in the west cliff area of Whitby after a visit to Elizabeth Bothams tea rooms for afternoon tea. Later, meeting up with friends in the evening for dinner.

Have a great day if you can, hugs for all if you need one.

View attachment 34919

View attachment 34920

View attachment 34921

Bats may enter only at the front of the building?

I love those lovely white houses! And the bins on parade for NBD.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@jjraak I'm looking for a good diabetes stats slide if you come across any whilst you are on t'internet. For my presentation. I can only have 2 slides and a short video so want max impact. Needed by Friday. No pressure ;-) I have one that's ok from DUK but may be better. You're such a whizz at finding stuff! Or if anyone else has pointers. Much appreciated.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks for that but I’m having difficulty seeing where the massaging took place in both the original study looking at Beta cell failure and insulin resistance and then the larger DiRECT trials?

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/landia/article/PIIS2213-8587(19)30068-3/fulltext
Have a look at DUK's site it reads:

Almost half (45.6%) of those who took part in the programme were in remission after a year.

The second year results of the trial showed that, of these people, 70% were still in remission by the end of year two.

Overall, more than a third (36%) of people were in remission of their Type 2 diabetes two years after taking part in the programme.

I would say the information is misleading...badly presented & according to them the study is not even finished yet...like patting yourself on the back before you've finished the race.

Last edited:

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all from a grey and misty North, I'm fully expecting fantastical beasts to be roaming around creating mayhem but no, its the doggo's chewing all and sundry and only sounding like beasts. The meter of doom unexpectedly launched a 5.1 me this morning, now imagine my surprise as it sat there looking all innocent and demure! I'm fully expecting it to rampage around the office like a whirling dervish later, strewing paperwork in all directions whilst I'm teaching First Aid. Oh wait a minute it's me who has thrown paperwork all over. take care in the wet weather that is forecast for may areas today, right must dash, plans and things to do.

Take care everyone.

Viv19

Sat with bloody finger first thing this morning trying to turn on the meter - ‘replace batteries now!’ What? I replaced them last week - this is very frustrating. But they were supermarket own brand, obviously not up to the job. No testing until OH has bought some more for me - he’s a good guy. In the meantime I’m drinking my second tea and trying to persuade myself that I should go to the gym.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Prev Post

point taken, @dunelem

i rather think it's more a case of over presenting a failure as a success.

as far as i understand it.

"The first year results showed that it’s possible for some people to put their Type 2 diabetes into remission using a low-calorie, diet-based, weight management programme, delivered by their GP. Almost half (45.6%) of those who took part in the programme were in remission after a year.

The second year results of the trial showed that, of these people, 70% were still in remission by the end of year two.

Overall, more than a third (36%) of people were in remission of their Type 2 diabetes two years after taking part in the programme."

OR

Sadly after a whole year of the programme, only 45% of those patients returned their BG levels to Pre diabetic stage.

By the end of year two, 100 out of the 149 failed to reach or maintain remission* less then 48mmol
(* Pre diabetic levels NOT Normal levels)

• Normal: Below 42 mmol/mol (6.0%)
  • Prediabetes: 42 to 47 mmol/mol (6.0 to 6.4%)
  • Diabetes: 48 mmol/mol (6.5% or over)

It's just so demoralising.

i just see so many on here with a change of diet that isn't something stolen from Tenko,
that makes a REAL difference to their health in months.
HBA1c in my case down to normal 40%
and i was slow AND higher then most..other have smashed that HBA1c score, and maintaining it.

Wish i could find the video of THIS guy talking
he states the case FAR better then i ever could.

https://www.livingloud.org.uk/single-post/2018/12/14/International-Diabetes-Summit-2018

i quote part here, but all of it is worth quoting.

"I am delighted that the NHS and DUK finally acknowledge that type 2 diabetes can be put into remission through diet.
It just beggars belief that you would subject 5,000 people to a brutal starvation diet
when surely good science would trial low cal, against the moderately low carb vs keto options too
so we can all discover which is the most effective way to help people."

Dan Parker.

Last edited: