What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: Gouda and chorizo rollitos with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries and coconut and macadamia keto granola.
Mid afternoon: white blonde phd bar and black coffee.
Dinner: chicken, coconut and lemongrass stir fry followed by SF jelly, coconut chia pudding and LC chocolate granola.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
And today....bed 5.8 FBG 7.1. Hubby came up with the bright idea of putting our bed back until we have to remove it again when the decorators arrive. Put that one right to bed! Having dragged it through once there is no way it is going back and forward. My displeasure was shown by the horse back on his temporary bed. Can't help being fascinated by having a ceiling again which is drying nicely. Decided that No 2 needs to be stretched to hopefully curb his worst behaviour. Got him into a CBT - reading & spelling program today (switched the license from his brother who has advanced beyond it). Got a lot of moaning and complaining at the target setting (you can't help with it or it puts the bar too high) but once he focused he spent over 1 hour on it. He was very proud of his progress report I gave him to take to Mum.
B. TAG with ADOC. Busy disposing of more plaster dust after.
L. 2 scrambled eggs.
D. Picked up some of the Gino di Campo stuff when I went into Iceland for milk. Hubby had his mixed seafood with fusilli and I had the remains of the seafood with aubergine parmigiana. Both were really quite tasty. Bit of warmed DGF lemon drizzle with raspberries and cream.

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Liquid lunch at the club, grandsons shout. Chicken snitties and salad, several XXXX Gold pots of low carb beer.
Dinner: Pork chops and veggies.
Breakfast: Usual omelette, bacon, tomatoes, spudlite.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugars, low carb beer, water.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
So yesterday's dinner didn't sit well for me the fat I think made me feel queasy plus I didn't eat enough so it triggered me to eat foods I wish I didn't eat or drink. I went to bed very late at 1:30am a bad habit I've gotten into I did wake up around 8.30ish am but I wasn't feeling well and it was cold morning so went back to bed I got back up at noon... I checked my BSL It was 6.9mmol/L. I figured from my eating last night.... so made myself a black coffee wasn't hungry nor energy to cook I took my cocktail of drugs except I didn't take my diamcron not sure if that's a good idea. By this afternoon at 4:30pm feeling like I was hungry but don't feel like I could tolerate anything. I tried a half an avocado and found boiled egg I had boiled on Sunday night. And now drinking some homemade chicken stock or broth what they seem to call it these days LOL which I'm feeling ok to tolerate... hopefully this takes my hunger away as I really don't have energy to cook or desire . I still have left over lamb bean stew I'm thinking might freeze it hopefully I can tolerate for another day. Sorry for the low mood post today but I thank you for reading my post if you have gotten this far.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
2.20 pm. Just broke my fast with a bacon omelette and some tea.
Later I will have some of the braised chicken thighs and vegetables from a couple of days ago.

Keeping up with the higher insulin levels because I don't want BG levels to rise too far again. Trying to get an appointment with the one doctor who recommends low carbing to see if I'm going down the right path. @bulkbiker suggested that the high levels of insulin - both produced by me and injected - might be the cause of my excess weight. The idea of the strict diet isn't so much to lose weight, though (that would be an added bonus, if it happened) but to control BG and insulin levels. It doesn't, at present, seem to be working towards either aim.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast @ 5.30 was tea and water. Lunch was mushroom and cheese omelette,salad leaves and h/m mayo. Evening was avocado and tinned mackerel fillet salad with chia seeds. . Drank lots of water, cut some grass and walked the dog. Nothing daring or exciting to others but just now simple food and any day I can function with no issues is all good.

Last edited:

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evenin’ All,

B: bone broth
L: turkey ham gouda rollups. Made these for Mr B, snaffled 2, and they were gooooood. Made 4, one with mustard, one horseradish, one branston, one cranberry. Basically a slice of turkey, one of ham, and one of gouda, with mayo or cream cheese and condiment to taste. Then we had half of each one.
D: homemade chook soup with lots of garlic pickle and diced Matterson’s sausage, followed goatsmilk yog

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: cheesy scrambled eggs with 1/2 slice of Burgen bread toasted with Marmite followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: coffee chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: spag bog with courgetti followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Corned beef sandwiches.
Dinner: Mutton chops, veggies, gravy.
Breakfast: Usual C&M omelette, bacon, tomatoes, spudlite.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugars, water.

Total fire ban has been extended for another week so no barbeques this week.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
@ianpspurs It sounds as if you are recovering well.
@annabell1 hope you have a better day tomorrow.
Last few days have just been eating, not counting carbs or calories. So missed a few breakfasts, had some very late lunches, and eaten some things that probably should not be on my menu.
It's very difficult, for MrSlims dietary requirements are almost opposite to mine.
So there are always white bread, croissant, cereals, rice, pasta, cakes and biscuits in the house. He also enjoys a creamy dessert( which really suits neither of us) and he should lay off the cheese. Which ofc is good for me.
Anyway,
Today had croissant with butter for breakfast,
Coffee with cream Mid morning
Lunch was vegetable soup with a 40g approx piece of baguette.
Tea in the afternoon.
Working in the orchard/ back garden
Dinner, chicken, roasted but tough as can be,so probably should have pot roasted it. With potatoes, three small ones, carrots, green beans and gravy.
Pudding we had cheesecake. Not seen one here before, found it in the cheese aisle. 15g carbs in a big slice.
Different to the sweet ones we are used to, this was only slightly sweet, cakey texture and had a subtle lemon flavour. Served with cream of course.
Two glasses of wine, coffee in the evening tea at bedtime.
Weigh in tomorrow. Friday morning.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Had a good sleep in woke up and tried to eat my ham quiche left overs managed a few bites the thought of eating was not agreeable with me still but managed to drink my black coffee MY BSL was a tad high but I figured that it would be. Had to buy a gift for my sister birthday party on Sunday so went to the shops. 3 hours of browsing a finally settled on a pair of swarovski earrings but was totally annoyed at the shop assistant trying to make me buy another more expensive pair telling me they want be long enough for my sisters ears like she doesn't now my sister gee. I got home and had pork ribs that needed cooking so prepared them and by 6.30pm I was fealing hungry. Dinner was pork ribs and side of homemade coleslaw. My appetite so far is back....

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All!

Day off today, so have already been up and busy.

We now have about 3 pounds (in weight) of smoked salmon pate, divided into 10 blobs, and wrapped in several layers of clingfilm, all in the freezer. I fell in love with Tescos smoked salmon pate recently, but the ingredients list isn't ideal. And the price is absurd, for what it is. So decided to make some myself: smoked salmon, cream cheese, lemon juice, black pepper, and some finely chopped chives from the garden. That is it.

Had some for breakfast (licking out the bowl), and will happily make it a regular breakfast, esp with a side of scrambled eggs! lol.

I've also got some smoked mackerel, which I will also pateify, but with horseradish this time.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Didn't have the chicken last night after all - put it on a plate and then realised that there was no way I could eat anything. Put all remaining in a pot to make chicken stock to make soup for later today.

This evening I will be having a kind of ratatouille - lots of veggies and herbs but no protein so less today than I have had in the last 2 or 3 days. Just whatever is in the soup.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Missed a couple of days posting.

@shelley262, @Goonergal, @DJC3 and @maglil55 -- Thanks so much for your votes of confidence re. jazz committee.
@Rachox -- Hope your mother will be able to leave the hospital soon. Sure it's not much fun having your birthday celebration there.
@PenguinMum -- Happy to hear it was only a day feeling off and that you feel better now. Have a wonderful and relaxing vacation.
@annabell1 -- Great blood sugar levels, your low carbing is definitely showing results. Hope your appetite returns soon.
@Annb -- So sorry about your frustrations. Can entirely empathize. Agree with@bulkbiker, it might be worth checking out the insulin angle.
@maglil55 -- Hope the decorators will give you a beautiful new bedroom and you can move back in soon. Your current sleeping arrangements don't sound as if they would contribute to some rest.

Have phoned my GP's practice to set up an appointment to discuss upcoming blood tests. I hate tests being sprung on me without prior warning -- so I'd rather know beforehand what is planned. Absolutely admit I'm a bit of a control freak.

Yesterday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol. A small serving of low-carb pad thai with scampi and chicken breast.

Lunch: Low-carb chocolate pudding with whipped cream.

Around 5 p.m.: Half a DD keto roll (fresh from the oven) with salted butter, the other half with steak tartare and homemade mayonnaise. A glass of red wine.

Around 9 p.m.: 100g of shrimp.

Today (so far) ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol.

Lunch: Egg omelet (3 eggs) with shredded cheddar and emmental cheese. Green lentils, red bellpepper, celery, with vinegar, coriander leaves, and feta cheese (absolutely delicious, never thought that green lentils and vinegar would go together). Low carb chocolate pudding with whipped cream.

Getting ready to go out for glass of wine later today.

Deborahb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Exercise for the point of exercise...
Hi and welcome Deborahb

This thread is mainly where we ogle each other’s food choices and chat, so it might be better if you start a thread of your own, so people can focus on your situation.

Or, if you prefer, I can move your question to its own thread for you?
That would be helpful thanks.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening everyone. Unwanted early wakeup - 3.30. Unplanned OMAD - creative solutions to replacing the TV damaged whilst being repaired. New TV will be in place for rugby world cup - Nothing exactly like the old one and as they are now much cheaper = haggling and OMAD. Meal was salmon salad (forgot the avocado), halloumi chips, Fage 5%, flaxsed, inulin and raspberries. Did have a hard boiled egg while salmon and halloumi cooking. 4 years ago I would never have dreamed of wanting salmon much more than meat. Probably a score draw between me and the day - far too early waking, slightly bigger (86 ins) but much cheaper tv (2 months haggling + 2 branches today) and ok food.

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lunch: Babybels with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt, raspberries and macadamia and coconut keto granola.
Mid afternoon: coconut chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: cold garlic and herb chicken with leafy salad, two orange rapture tomatoes, pork scratchings and coleslaw followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Way behind - haven’t yet read through all your posts but thought I’d check in with today’s food.

Lunch was 2 fried eggs, four rashers bacon and some grated cheese at the cafe near work. Having arrived at work at 6.45am and worked for 7 hours straight, was more than ready for it. Really hit the spot.

Dinner at Euston waiting for the train to Brum. M&S Serrano ham and manchego cheese rollitos followed by 3 Hotel Chocolat 85% batons and a few dark chocolate brazils. Resisted the hot chocolate in the station branch of HC, but will likely succumb over the weekend.

In other news, I’ve discovered this delicious dried ham. No refrigerator required and very tasty. Same producer as the snacking cheese @Brunneria

902E96F7-3F8A-4290-A9DF-56A24869CCDE.jpeg
21EA6F0F-F801-4530-8D78-A300125953B5.jpeg

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Didn't bother with the ratatouille after all - too sore to move much and certainly couldn't stand at the worktop to cut up veggies. Just had some more of the soup at about 7.30. There's still a little left for tomorrow's lunch.

Where can that ham be bought, Goonergal? Would it be available online, do you think? I like the sound of it.

Reactions: maglil55