Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well a bit of a sucky afternoon, I have been quoted over £3200 for two repeat modules. When they sent me the decision and a link to fees, it was £138 for two modules. Which I can pay for but if it’s £3200, I can’t pay for it. Not with the money I am making at the moment. I want to saw my feet off because of standing for 12 hours. I also can’t ask my parents to pay for it because they have their own struggles. However I have left an email for the Administration team to get back to me.

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well a bit of a sucky afternoon, I have been quoted over £3200 for two repeat modules. When they sent me the decision and a link to fees, it was £138 for two modules. Which I can pay for but if it’s £3200, I can’t pay for it. Not with the money I am making at the moment. I want to saw my feet off because of standing for 12 hours. I also can’t ask my parents to pay for it because they have their own struggles. However I have left an email for the Administration team to get back to me.

Sadly, the current model for universities involves getting as much money out of students as they can. Good luck with getting them to agree to what they previously agreed.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sadly, the current model for universities involves getting as much money out of students as they can. Good luck with getting them to agree to what they previously agreed.

Unfortunately they are milking the wrong student :( I’m not like international students where they can casually walk into selfridges and buy 2 chanels.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
On a more postive note, I’ve ordered more Korean sheet masks. Great timing for halloween so you’ll see me spook my bf. ;)

Reactions: Alison54321

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
So I decided to give my nurse a call because I don’t have any appointments booked to see a nurse and I don’t have any appointments booked for a prepump appointment. It’s like I’m hanging onto uncertainty until I see my consultant next month. But nurse got back to me and said she was very surprised that I haven’t been sent anything but she said 15th November is the first appointment. :)

Reactions: Alison54321

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Just been told off because I have not been for my flu jab. Now if the surgery offered appointments that fit around school runs, commute and work I probably would have had it by now.
My health centre is very good, we have Saturday specials for flu jab only. Mass jabbing!!

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Diakat A pharmacy could offer a flu vaccine to you if your surgery is being difficult. Even better if the pharmacy closes at 8pm.

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Just been told off because I have not been for my flu jab. Now if the surgery offered appointments that fit around school runs, commute and work I probably would have had it by now.
@Diakat ...for the last three years my husband has had his flu jab at a well known pharmacy chain...being a coach driver with very irregular work pattern means that trying to fit in surgery appointment is close to impossible....this year I actually booked appointment online on their system but previous two years have just walked in and asked....couple of forms to complete and job done....they even inform your surgery for you....probably means the surgery don’t get the financial incentive for doing it but from our point of view is so much easier.....the pharmacy chain begins with a B but know that others offer a similar service:)

Reactions: therower

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@MeiChanski that’s a big hike! Did they give you a written quotation for your two modules at £138.00 and did you accept it?

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@MeiChanski that’s a big hike! Did they give you a written quotation for your two modules at £138.00 and did you accept it?

The £138 was clearly stated on their website for exam and coursework resits. It was suppose to be added to my account but income office sent me a statement and it was a wooping £3200. I accepted the £138 fees for administration etc when I sent my decision before the 9th september. Towards the end, it has been partially sorted. It was awkward when they said I needed to attend all my classes. When I’ve missed 4 weeks of classes of already.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin

I tried to book mine and was told they weren't available at my surgery for any other than for the over 65s when I asked when they were doing later than 4.00 p.m. appointments. I can see it'll actually be done by the doctor deciding to do one of his whirlwind "Let's get everything done whilst you're actually here" appointments when I go for the compulsory medical review to renew my insulin prescriptions, provided there is any available! But I will say I tried....

Young Vampire is none the worse for the hypo adventures yesterday... in fact, they acted as a useful aid for getting everything done on time. "You don't want a repeat of yesterday, do you?" worked like a charm.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
@Diakat A pharmacy could offer a flu vaccine to you if your surgery is being difficult. Even better if the pharmacy closes at 8pm.
My local one closes before I get home. That’s the problem with village living.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Diakat ...for the last three years my husband has had his flu jab at a well known pharmacy chain...being a coach driver with very irregular work pattern means that trying to fit in surgery appointment is close to impossible....this year I actually booked appointment online on their system but previous two years have just walked in and asked....couple of forms to complete and job done....they even inform your surgery for you....probably means the surgery don’t get the financial incentive for doing it but from our point of view is so much easier.....the pharmacy chain begins with a B but know that others offer a similar service:)

Not only don't they receive a fee for doing the test, they are changed by the pharmacy for doing the jab, so a double whammy. No wonder the GPs aren't promoting pharmacies doing jabs.

Our surgery did the over-65s and vulnerable patients (Vulnerable includes those living with diabetes, asthma, immuno-suppressed etc.) flu clinic last Saturday. Almost 1000 vaccinations were completed, very efficiently, at 2 minute intervals.

One patient lodged an official complaint her appointment was 08:34, but she was not seen until 08:36. I was dumbstruck.

D

Deleted member 308541

One patient lodged an official complaint her appointment was 08:34, but she was not seen until 08:36.
0y4h3.gif

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Having my flu jab before surgery starts on Monday. Usually go to the Saturday cattle market affairs but due to a delay in receiving the vaccine they are fitting people in wherever they can. I live in a village and my surgery is a 5 min walk away.

Reactions: Robinredbreast

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
In my GP's office they keep it a secret when the mass flu shooting will take place. They expect you to either read the stupid local newspaper or phone them to ask. It usually takes 20 minutes to get to speak to someone and they'll only know a week or so in advance so you will get told to call again next week. Idiots.
I've asked in a Dutch diabetes facebook group and almost everyone gets an e-mail or a letter to invite them. Well, not at my GP :grumpy: