Type 1'stars R Us

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone knikki is greatly missed looper cat them biscuits look delicious . Hope everyone has a good day not up to much this morning and getting the dreaded roots done this afternoon hugs to those who need them .@kim possible how did the interview go ? 1quick question b4 i go how do you guys bolus for fried rice i never seem to get it right i normally do a split bolus for it but find bgs sky high about 6/8 hrs later im usually in bed by then so cant correct till morning

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm sure that will be news to many T1's ...would you care to share your reasons why?

I don’t know, and I may be wrong, but I interpreted that the items referred to were something this particular Type 1 was unable to eat herself. Not Type 1s in general. I just felt it was part of introducing herself.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Type 1 diabetes can not eat animal internal organs and fat, watermelon, grapes, bananas are easy to raise blood sugar. Be careful to avoid high cholesterol, high fat, high sugar foods. Usually take medicine every day for treatment, pay attention to drink plenty of water.
Hi @Robin233 what strange things to say. I love offal and eat it regularly. Fruit far less. I choose what I eat

Reactions: Kim Possible

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Have a good day everyone.
On the question of what we can and cannot eat I think we all react differently to things. @karen8967, I used to eat fried rice, especially when it had lots of small deliciousnesses added, but that was back before the stringent watching of bloods that’s possible now. You’ve kick started a yen for it .
Like many, I’ll eat liver, especially as I have a tendency to get anaemia. Not noticed any bad effects. Is there a theory about overdosing a high intake of vitamin A, K, or whatever’s in liver? I think it doesn’t take much liver to harm dogs and cats - might damage the miaomiao?

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning. Its Friday :)

I am still baffled with Knikkis demise! I would be surprised if it was "spidergate" as I am still here BUT only the mods really know

Type 1 diabetes can not eat animal internal organs and fat, watermelon, grapes, bananas are easy to raise blood sugar. Be careful to avoid high cholesterol, high fat, high sugar foods. Usually take medicine every day for treatment, pay attention to drink plenty of water.
Hmmmmm. I will totally disagree on this, apart from offal I would eat and bolus for all the other items you mention. Care to explain on your reasonings why?
@LooperCat I, once again, am stood here dribbling and drooling (this time) :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
@DCUKMod . I wasn’t questioning the forum rules. I was simply asking if the moderator team could offer anything that may answer some people’s questions.
I feel your reply is very defensive, if the moderators know nothing as to Knikki’s whereabouts then that’s all that needs to be said.

Hi, from what I can remember, they, the sites moderating team, cannot or will not partake in discussions with members about another member who has 'left' ( in whatever form that happens to be)

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
morning all, some interesting posts - some totally out the blue! Best I not eat Steak and Kidney pie then.

Perhaps Knikki took offence at being moderated for what many saw as a trivial thing, that is/was up to him though.

I had another steady drop over night - 4.6 to 4.2, take that T1! perhaps I should spend all day asleep. :D

Reactions: SueJB
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hello all - can I please remind members that moderator criticism breaks forum rules C.10, posts will be deleted, if members have a complaint then please email the forum: [email protected]

A reminder of forum rules are here: https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/community-ethos-forum-rules.50278/

Thanks.

Hi guys, please can we keep this type 1 thread going in the way it is supposed to be, a helpful, supportive one that has benefited so many, plus, often with some looney tunes thrown in too, I'm sure many wouldn't want it edited or thrown out :bigtears::(
TIA X

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

Hello and welcome, please can you tell us why you posted the above and introducing yourself and your diabetes journey too, would be really helpful @Robin233

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Have I said morning everyone already?
This thread and all of you have been soooo very supportive and helpful that I felt bereft when I couldn't write and ask questions for a week. Thanks to you all for sharing your experience and knowledge. T1 I feel is very hard to deal with on your own. Hope Knikki is OK:lurking:
BG 4.4:)

Reactions: slip
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
morning all, some interesting posts - some totally out the blue! Best I not eat Steak and Kidney pie then.

Perhaps Knikki took offence at being moderated for what many saw as a trivial thing, that is/was up to him though.

I had another steady drop over night - 4.6 to 4.2, take that T1! perhaps I should spend all day asleep. :D

You would need to turn into a cat :cat::happy: boy, can they sleep :hilarious:

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Had the flu jab yesterday after work. Didn't feel a thing AND bloods are behaving nicely :)

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@karen8967 I rarely eat rice anymore, it just seems like it's really hard to control for me, others have had that complaint to.
I eat all the other grains and bread, potatoes etc. Rice is just something that causes me more issues with wanting to spike my BG level.

I never eat offal, organs or meat of any kind. Uh, YUCK!!!! The last time I did was when I was 11 years old! But I love all fruits, well maybe most fruits, I have run across a few here that I had never heard of before and don't particularly like and a few I had heard of but never had before and don't particularly like.

These are good though, called Rambuttan, they are the size of a smaller tangerine.
rambutan-square.jpg

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
@karen8967 I rarely eat rice anymore, it just seems like it's really hard to control for me, others have had that complaint to.
I eat all the other grains and bread, potatoes etc. Rice is just something that causes me more issues with wanting to spike my BG level.

I never eat offal, organs or meat of any kind. Uh, YUCK!!!! The last time I did was when I was 11 years old! But I love all fruits, well maybe most fruits, I have run across a few here that I had never heard of before and don't particularly like and a few I had heard of but never had before and don't particularly like.

These are good though, called Rambuttan, they are the size of a smaller tangerine.
rambutan-square.jpg
I lurve rambuttan

Reactions: Marie 2

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Just been told off because I have not been for my flu jab. Now if the surgery offered appointments that fit around school runs, commute and work I probably would have had it by now.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends, a little high today at 11.6, the crisps last night were to blame. I decided to check my uni email and I felt a sense of sudden panic - apparently I need to reregister as a returning student and I need to attend all lectures and seminars. I already told them prior to everything that I couldn’t. I also cancelled my accommodation when I sent them my decision. So I’m doing a big ahhhhhhhhhhh. I guess it’ll be a good time to contact them.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It was even more suspicious when I was also getting emails from lecturers of breakdowns and recaps of the things everyone had to do, so even more ahhhhhhh. I didn’t get that last year, my inbox was very quiet.

Reactions: Alison54321

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It was even more suspicious when I was also getting emails from lecturers of breakdowns and recaps of the things everyone had to do, so even more ahhhhhhh. I didn’t get that last year, my inbox was very quiet.

Looks like they are still trying to get money out of you.