1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Good morning. Its Friday :)

I am still baffled with Knikkis demise! I would be surprised if it was "spidergate" as I am still here BUT only the mods really know

Hmmmmm. I will totally disagree on this, apart from offal I would eat and bolus for all the other items you mention. Care to explain on your reasonings why?
    @LooperCat I, once again, am stood here dribbling and drooling (this time) :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Robinredbreast

Robinredbreast Type 1 · Oracle

Hi, from what I can remember, they, the sites moderating team, cannot or will not partake in discussions with members about another member who has 'left' ( in whatever form that happens to be)

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

morning all, some interesting posts - some totally out the blue! Best I not eat Steak and Kidney pie then.

Perhaps Knikki took offence at being moderated for what many saw as a trivial thing, that is/was up to him though.

I had another steady drop over night - 4.6 to 4.2, take that T1! perhaps I should spend all day asleep. :D

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Robinredbreast

Hi guys, please can we keep this type 1 thread going in the way it is supposed to be, a helpful, supportive one that has benefited so many, plus, often with some looney tunes thrown in too, I'm sure many wouldn't want it edited or thrown out :bigtears::(
    TIA X

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Robinredbreast

Hello and welcome, please can you tell us why you posted the above and introducing yourself and your diabetes journey too, would be really helpful @Robin233

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SueJB

SueJB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Have I said morning everyone already?
    This thread and all of you have been soooo very supportive and helpful that I felt bereft when I couldn't write and ask questions for a week. Thanks to you all for sharing your experience and knowledge. T1 I feel is very hard to deal with on your own. Hope Knikki is OK:lurking:
    BG 4.4:)

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Robinredbreast

You would need to turn into a cat :cat::happy: boy, can they sleep :hilarious:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Expert

Morning all, not much to report here. Ate all the bugs with zero effect on bg. Training at the ambulance station in a bit and then a gig tonight. Nice.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. porl69

Had the flu jab yesterday after work. Didn't feel a thing AND bloods are behaving nicely :)

• Winner Winner x 4
  10. Marie 2

Marie 2 LADA · Well-Known Member

@karen8967 I rarely eat rice anymore, it just seems like it's really hard to control for me, others have had that complaint to.
    I eat all the other grains and bread, potatoes etc. Rice is just something that causes me more issues with wanting to spike my BG level.

I never eat offal, organs or meat of any kind. Uh, YUCK!!!! The last time I did was when I was 11 years old! But I love all fruits, well maybe most fruits, I have run across a few here that I had never heard of before and don't particularly like and a few I had heard of but never had before and don't particularly like.

These are good though, called Rambuttan, they are the size of a smaller tangerine.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. porl69

I lurve rambuttan

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Just been told off because I have not been for my flu jab. Now if the surgery offered appointments that fit around school runs, commute and work I probably would have had it by now.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Hug Hug x 1
  13. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hello friends, a little high today at 11.6, the crisps last night were to blame. I decided to check my uni email and I felt a sense of sudden panic - apparently I need to reregister as a returning student and I need to attend all lectures and seminars. I already told them prior to everything that I couldn’t. I also cancelled my accommodation when I sent them my decision. So I’m doing a big ahhhhhhhhhhh. I guess it’ll be a good time to contact them.

14. MeiChanski

It was even more suspicious when I was also getting emails from lecturers of breakdowns and recaps of the things everyone had to do, so even more ahhhhhhh. I didn’t get that last year, my inbox was very quiet.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Alison54321

Alison54321 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Looks like they are still trying to get money out of you.

16. MeiChanski

Well a bit of a sucky afternoon, I have been quoted over £3200 for two repeat modules. When they sent me the decision and a link to fees, it was £138 for two modules. Which I can pay for but if it’s £3200, I can’t pay for it. Not with the money I am making at the moment. I want to saw my feet off because of standing for 12 hours. I also can’t ask my parents to pay for it because they have their own struggles. However I have left an email for the Administration team to get back to me.

• Hug Hug x 4
  17. Alison54321

Alison54321 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Sadly, the current model for universities involves getting as much money out of students as they can. Good luck with getting them to agree to what they previously agreed.

• Like Like x 2
  18. MeiChanski

Unfortunately they are milking the wrong student :( I’m not like international students where they can casually walk into selfridges and buy 2 chanels.

• Like Like x 2
  19. MeiChanski

On a more postive note, I’ve ordered more Korean sheet masks. Great timing for halloween so you’ll see me spook my bf. ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. MeiChanski

So I decided to give my nurse a call because I don’t have any appointments booked to see a nurse and I don’t have any appointments booked for a prepump appointment. It’s like I’m hanging onto uncertainty until I see my consultant next month. But nurse got back to me and said she was very surprised that I haven’t been sent anything but she said 15th November is the first appointment. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook