Type 1'stars R Us

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
That's what I said before, the way we're writing, sounds as though he's dead rather than gone. I reckon he's lurking.Can I get the recipe for jaffas @LooperCat please?
Teenager has eaten the jelly so I haven’t made them yet but this is the plan:

Low carb base - 1tbsp almond flour, 1/2tbsp psyllium husk powder; 1/2 tsp baking powder; 1 egg, some erythritol. Spoonful into the base of a silicone muffin tin and bake for maybe 7 minutes? Not sure yet. When that’s cooled, I’ll slice a premade tub of orange jelly and put on the base. Then spoon some melted chocolate on top.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
For some reason I am more excited about my baby cousin’s birthday than she is. I don’t think she knows whats in store for her. Next week I’ll purchase a few toys - I had in mind a bag of building blocks in different colours, drawing mat with a boarder of textures and buttons that makes sounds, or a teddy bear with buttons on it or an activity table. Maybe I should buy all of it? My auntie said Rosie has been enjoying toddler snacks like corn sticks, because she can’t talk yet she would stick her hand out asking for more. I got a snack buddy now

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I made burgers for dinner tonight
DSC_1276 - Edited.jpg
so I will cook them when daughter gets home from work :)

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Can't complain I was bored today - Young Vampire treated us to the full version of a recalcitrant and bolshy hypo right up to the final step "If it's another 3.4, it's 999" which I, fortunately, did not have to invoke as a 6.something appeared. Not sure which of us cheered the loudest.

Then, I've just coaxed my own "walk all the way home in the absence of buses" hypo back to a reasonable number.

The non-diabetes dramas were all very over the top extravaganzas as well. I'm having a quiet evening now and avoiding any dramas of any kind!! I hope.

Last edited:

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
With all the talk of Knikki and his absenteeism perhaps someone from the moderator team could help us.
They maybe able to offer some insight into why he stopped posting so abruptly.
He didn’t seem the type of guy to leave without saying goodbye.
I’m sure they have access to far more forum information than us.

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
With all the talk of Knikki and his absenteeism perhaps someone from the moderator team could help us.

I would agree with this. We obviously all have the greatest of respect for moderators and the work they do, and recognise how difficult a job they have. However we T1Ds are only a small part of the forum, and this thread has allowed us to find a space that feels like ours, so obviously we are going to get rather fond of those who participate in it over a long period, and their loss is a significant blow.

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Teenager has eaten the jelly so I haven’t made them yet but this is the plan:

Low carb base - 1tbsp almond flour, 1/2tbsp psyllium husk powder; 1/2 tsp baking powder; 1 egg, some erythritol. Spoonful into the base of a silicone muffin tin and bake for maybe 7 minutes? Not sure yet. When that’s cooled, I’ll slice a premade tub of orange jelly and put on the base. Then spoon some melted chocolate on top.
Love it @LooperCat I've got everything apart from the jelly and I imagine it's that low carb stuff so I'll need to wait until I go to the big shop

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

@therower , the Moderator Team will not be discussing why any member no longer posts. Some people we will know the reason, and other times we will have no idea whatsoever.

Those who choose to go of their own volition are at liberty to do that. They have made a choice. Nobody is a prisoner here.

Those who are excluded from the site, also choose to go, because it will always involve a rule breach, and most often a series of rule breaches, and as a result of escalating sanctions.

This topic has arisen before. The response will be the same no matter how many times we are asked. After all, this question has been asked and answered already, soon after Knikki went.

For anyone unclear what our rules state can view them here: Forum Rules

Edited to repair hyperlink.

Last edited:

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
@therower , the Moderator Team will not be discussing why any member no longer posts. Some people we will know the reason, and other times we will have no idea whatsoever.

Those who choose to go of their own volition are at liberty to do that. They have made a choice. Nobody is a prisoner here.

Those who are excluded from the site, also choose to go, because it will always involve a rule breach, and most often a series of rule breaches, and as a result of escalating sanctions.

This topic has arisen before. The response will be the same no matter how many times we are asked. After all, this question has been asked and answered already, soon after Knikki went.

For anyone unclear what our rules state can view them here: Forum Rules
Please could we have the link, can't find them

Reactions: Marie 2

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sending a virtual ((((( hug ))))) Karen and I hope you feel a little better as the day goes on x
thanks robs after all the lows yesterday im having the opposite tonight just done a correction so should be ok b4 bed i despair sometimes :banghead::banghead:

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@DCUKMod . I wasn’t questioning the forum rules. I was simply asking if the moderator team could offer anything that may answer some people’s questions.
I feel your reply is very defensive, if the moderators know nothing as to Knikki’s whereabouts then that’s all that needs to be said.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I think they said before they can’t answer one way or another any time because that can be an answer in itself? So if they said sometimes they don’t know, but the next time they won’t say anything then that can be very telling?

I don’t think Knikki was by choice though as all his posts disappeared versus WuTwo’s which can still be found? But I really don’t know? If someone gets aggravated can they remove all their posts forever?

It was during the time an insect was being mentioned and there were issues. It is confusing on rules.

Robin233

BANNED
Type 1 diabetes can not eat animal internal organs and fat, watermelon, grapes, bananas are easy to raise blood sugar. Be careful to avoid high cholesterol, high fat, high sugar foods. Usually take medicine every day for treatment, pay attention to drink plenty of water.

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Type 1 diabetes can not eat animal internal organs and fat, watermelon, grapes, bananas are easy to raise blood sugar. Be careful to avoid high cholesterol, high fat, high sugar foods. Usually take medicine every day for treatment, pay attention to drink plenty of water.

We take insulin for everything that you mentioned, so what do you mean we can’t eat it?

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I peeled off my old sensor and I found a bit of a skin reaction underneath. Usually it’ll just be a bit of a dry blood and glue residue. Do you think it’s because of continual use of sensors that has caused a bit of a skin reaction? I’m not allergic to anything so it’s a bit strange to see red bumpy skin texture.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I peeled off my old sensor and I found a bit of a skin reaction underneath. Usually it’ll just be a bit of a dry blood and glue residue. Do you think it’s because of continual use of sensors that has caused a bit of a skin reaction? I’m not allergic to anything so it’s a bit strange to see red bumpy skin texture.

I was one of the unlucky people who reacted. The itching was indescribable. I now spray 4 layers of Cavilon underneath. I always had a red mark, even with the Cavilon which hung around for a couple of months. Just recently these have disappeared and you wouldn’t know anything had been stuck on. I suspect a change to the glue but I don’t know. When removing I always use a cotton bud doused in baby oil and spend 5 mins teasing gently off. I then spend the next fortnight moisturising the arm.