1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Alison54321

Alison54321 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I would agree with this. We obviously all have the greatest of respect for moderators and the work they do, and recognise how difficult a job they have. However we T1Ds are only a small part of the forum, and this thread has allowed us to find a space that feels like ours, so obviously we are going to get rather fond of those who participate in it over a long period, and their loss is a significant blow.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. SueJB

SueJB Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Love it @LooperCat I've got everything apart from the jelly and I imagine it's that low carb stuff so I'll need to wait until I go to the big shop

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

@therower , the Moderator Team will not be discussing why any member no longer posts. Some people we will know the reason, and other times we will have no idea whatsoever.

Those who choose to go of their own volition are at liberty to do that. They have made a choice. Nobody is a prisoner here.

Those who are excluded from the site, also choose to go, because it will always involve a rule breach, and most often a series of rule breaches, and as a result of escalating sanctions.

This topic has arisen before. The response will be the same no matter how many times we are asked. After all, this question has been asked and answered already, soon after Knikki went.

For anyone unclear what our rules state can view them here: Forum Rules

Edited to repair hyperlink.

#22863 DCUKMod, Oct 17, 2019 at 7:19 PM
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
  4. SueJB

Please could we have the link, can't find them

• Like Like x 1
  5. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

Apologies, and thank you for your post. I have amended my own post, but for convenience, I'll post it here too.

Forum Rules

6. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

thanks robs after all the lows yesterday im having the opposite tonight just done a correction so should be ok b4 bed i despair sometimes :banghead::banghead:

• Hug Hug x 6
  7. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@DCUKMod . I wasn’t questioning the forum rules. I was simply asking if the moderator team could offer anything that may answer some people’s questions.
    I feel your reply is very defensive, if the moderators know nothing as to Knikki’s whereabouts then that’s all that needs to be said.

• Agree Agree x 8
  8. Marie 2

Marie 2 LADA · Well-Known Member

I think they said before they can’t answer one way or another any time because that can be an answer in itself? So if they said sometimes they don’t know, but the next time they won’t say anything then that can be very telling?

I don’t think Knikki was by choice though as all his posts disappeared versus WuTwo’s which can still be found? But I really don’t know? If someone gets aggravated can they remove all their posts forever?

It was during the time an insect was being mentioned and there were issues. It is confusing on rules.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Expert

Keto shortbread bugs. hope they don’t get me banned :D
    About 3g carb each.

7E9572F7-BF59-44A5-A131-46412D3A93AC.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Marie 2

Marie 2 LADA · Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  11. Robin233

Robin233 · BANNED

Type 1 diabetes can not eat animal internal organs and fat, watermelon, grapes, bananas are easy to raise blood sugar. Be careful to avoid high cholesterol, high fat, high sugar foods. Usually take medicine every day for treatment, pay attention to drink plenty of water.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

We take insulin for everything that you mentioned, so what do you mean we can’t eat it?

• Agree Agree x 6
  13. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I peeled off my old sensor and I found a bit of a skin reaction underneath. Usually it’ll just be a bit of a dry blood and glue residue. Do you think it’s because of continual use of sensors that has caused a bit of a skin reaction? I’m not allergic to anything so it’s a bit strange to see red bumpy skin texture.

14. becca59

becca59 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I was one of the unlucky people who reacted. The itching was indescribable. I now spray 4 layers of Cavilon underneath. I always had a red mark, even with the Cavilon which hung around for a couple of months. Just recently these have disappeared and you wouldn’t know anything had been stuck on. I suspect a change to the glue but I don’t know. When removing I always use a cotton bud doused in baby oil and spend 5 mins teasing gently off. I then spend the next fortnight moisturising the arm.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  15. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

I'm sure that will be news to many T1's ...would you care to share your reasons why?

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Good morning everyone knikki is greatly missed looper cat them biscuits look delicious . Hope everyone has a good day not up to much this morning and getting the dreaded roots done this afternoon hugs to those who need them [email protected] possible how did the interview go ? 1quick question b4 i go how do you guys bolus for fried rice i never seem to get it right i normally do a split bolus for it but find bgs sky high about 6/8 hrs later im usually in bed by then so cant correct till morning

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. becca59

becca59 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I don’t know, and I may be wrong, but I interpreted that the items referred to were something this particular Type 1 was unable to eat herself. Not Type 1s in general. I just felt it was part of introducing herself.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. SueJB

Hi @Robin233 what strange things to say. I love offal and eat it regularly. Fruit far less. I choose what I eat

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Fairygodmother

Fairygodmother Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Have a good day everyone.
    On the question of what we can and cannot eat I think we all react differently to things. @karen8967, I used to eat fried rice, especially when it had lots of small deliciousnesses added, but that was back before the stringent watching of bloods that’s possible now. You’ve kick started a yen for it .
    Like many, I’ll eat liver, especially as I have a tendency to get anaemia. Not noticed any bad effects. Is there a theory about overdosing a high intake of vitamin A, K, or whatever’s in liver? I think it doesn’t take much liver to harm dogs and cats - might damage the miaomiao?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook