18 months on from diagnosis

FreshStartF

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So today marks 18 months since I was diagnosed with type 2, with HBA1c of 84, weighing in at 150KG.

My current Stats are 28 for the last two HBA1c, and weigh 92KG (im tall aha)

Had a load of health issues which as of today seem to be resolved ❤.

I had high blood pressure, which is now normal, without medication after being on candersartan for over a year,

I'm off the metformin, after being on 4 x 500mg

Also other issues seem to have resolved, at one point there was worry about my kidneys but everything is fine apart from slightly high protein which they put down to me being overweight for so long prior.

I did have a referral to the diabetes clinic but have been discharged saying I no longer have diabetes
I know I still have it just that its in remission, eg if I eat a cake my sugars will most likley rocket. I'm not willing to test it either way!

I put my success down to very low carb diet( thanks to this website and its amazing info) and a change to my activity levels for helping turn my life around from the initial shock of being diagnosed. I've literally changed everything about my life & will keep it this way going forward

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done!

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
Go YOU!
Well done.
Po

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent results... well done you for all your achievements as well as for taking charge of your health.

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
So today marks 18 months since I was diagnosed with type 2, with HBA1c of 84, weighing in at 150KG.

I had high blood pressure, which is now normal, without medication after being on candersartan for over a year,

Also other issues seem to have resolved, at one point there was worry about my kidneys but everything is fine apart from slightly high protein which they put down to me being overweight for so long prior.

I did have a referral to the diabetes clinic but have been discharged saying I no longer have diabetes
I know I still have it just that its in remission, eg if I eat a cake my sugars will most likley rocket. I'm not willing to test it either way!

I put my success down to very low carb diet( thanks to this website and its amazing info) and a change to my activity levels for helping turn my life around from the initial shock of being diagnosed. I've literally changed everything about my life & will keep it this way going forward
Hi FreshStartF,
What a great success story. It is so inspiring, especially in now being BP and Diabetes medication free.

Please post your story in the Low Carb Success stories thread - people need to be inspired !

Last edited:

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Excellent work! Well done, and congratulations. :)

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow! what a great story! it is always great to hear these stories for us that aren't as far on the journey, it is very inspirational.

Thanks for posting!