What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
71yzEnWS04L._SY679_.jpg

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@PenguinMum how are the kitties getting along now? The KittenCat just survived the trauma of being PETTED by the maintenance man!!! O woe is meow for I am PETTED by a NotU!!! she said to me while he remarked on her big eyes ... well yeah dilated pupils will do that ...
He is a good man with 3 kitties of his own but he is NotMe!!!
:arghh: :wideyed: :cat:
I honestly forgot my meter this morning .... seriously. :angelic:

Aw poor KC..:wideyed:

(lovely wording, btw...a Notu....:hilarious: :D)

Reactions: HarryBeau and DJC3

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A very curious ad just popped up onto my screen -- a row of coats and other wraps, with the notice MORE CHOO.
I don't get it. They were clothes, not steam locomotives.
Now, market this, with the notice MORE CHOO, and I would get it. --

ACL%201809%20Yem%201942.jpeg

Reactions: UserABC2021

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just working that out. Collaboration. Once my bits done (houses sold/rented) I'm on a mission. I mean business. Its going to be diabetes all day every day! Not far off now Eric might say Haha

Your energy makes me breathless. You really are a force to be reckoned with. Go Debs!

Reactions: jjraak

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Your energy makes me breathless. You really are a force to be reckoned with. Go Debs!
I'm representing all of us that want change. I do my little bit. You do so much on the forum. I'm in awe. Such a positive force. We all so our bit where we can to help. This friendly little thread makes me smile every day. I love the banter. All the different personalities blend so well I feel.

Meeting went well. Got bread rolls!!! BREAD ROLLS I SAY!!! And loaves of bread!!! Low carb heaven. In freezer. Not testing til after my hba1c at gp Friday. Bread still scares me Haha. Saturday will be a bacon butty. Might even add a dash of HP!!! What a rebel. Then I will watch my.CGM graph (who needs TV!!!).

Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@jjraak lol they are probably all trouble...they would all wreck our furniture chew our carpet and provide lots of undesirable “gifts” but hey who can resist a warm cat on your lap on a cold night purring as loud as one of their ancestors on the savannah. Bliss.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm representing all of us that want change. I do my little bit. You do so much on the forum. I'm in awe. Such a positive force. We all so our bit where we can to help. This friendly little thread makes me smile every day. I love the banter. All the different personalities blend so well I feel.

Meeting went well. Got bread rolls!!! BREAD ROLLS I SAY!!! And loaves of bread!!! Low carb heaven. In freezer. Not testing til after my hba1c at gp Friday. Bread still scares me Haha. Saturday will be a bacon butty. Might even add a dash of HP!!! What a rebel. Then I will watch my.CGM graph (who needs TV!!!).
I second @DJC3 you really are a fabulous force in bringing education and encouragement to Diabetics. Your encounter with the lady under 40 who has had such a bad experience was a case in point. Yes agree this thread is just wonderful...nobody judges anyone we all have our own challenges but we support each other with humour and friendship. Long may that continue.

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Will/ is the bread available to buy now or is it still being developed?
I can imagine that the CGM is pretty addictive viewing
Ps agree about this thread it is such a comfortable place to relax in.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
back from docs..long day.

Flu Jab ..done.
Asthma review went really well, no change to meds.
breathing above average for age. etc

but a bit of a mix up on the hba1c,
seems it was a review with DN, not hba1c blood draw.

however at reception when i booked i assumed they would know which it was,
which i thought was fine as they booked me in to get bloods taken etc.

but lovely nurse checked, and it was a review only.
Made real effort for me and got me back in next weds for the REVIEW ;)

so not a complete waste of a day much done.and perhaps i should have been clearer when booking appointments.

hey ho..tomorrow is another day.:D

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@jjraak lol they are probably all trouble...they would all wreck our furniture chew our carpet and provide lots of undesirable “gifts” but hey who can resist a warm cat on your lap on a cold night purring as loud as one of their ancestors on the savannah. Bliss.

I agree @jjraak . Marley needs a little brother. Or a little sister. Or one of each. Or all of the above. Or ...

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
back from docs..long day.

Flu Jab ..done.
Asthma review went really well, no change to meds.
breathing above average for age. etc

but a bit of a mix up on the hba1c,
seems it was a review with DN, not hba1c blood draw.

however at reception when i booked i assumed they would know which it was,
which i thought was fine as they booked me in to get bloods taken etc.

but lovely nurse checked, and it was a review only.
Made real effort for me and got me back in next weds for the REVIEW ;)

so not a complete waste of a day much done.and perhaps i should have been clearer when booking appointments.

hey ho..tomorrow is another day.:D

Glad it went well re flu jab and asthma check up. I’ve had the same issue with diabetic reviews. To me it means HbA1c and discussing progress but I think to most GP receptionists it is the general foot check, height and weight etc with HCA. It’s taken me 3 tries at my new surgery to get a review. I have another appt at the end of the month but I’m still not sure it’s for HbA1c