Thinking of leaving the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
@Cumberland .....just noticed that you are at the top of the list for most positive ratings (where people liked etc your posts) with 73000+ ......could it be that you are confusing this with ‘posts’ you have actually made.....

....sending hugs .....and hope you have a good day tomorrow....and a hello to little Wispa too.....:)

Reactions: Struma

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Now sleep on it both of you, Cumberland is to helpful a member for this site to lose.

For members like myself with complicated medical issues he provides a useful function, as for language, perhaps a slight relaxing of the puritanical and Calvinistic attitude might show a more modernist approach.

Now sleep on it.

Reactions: karen8967 and zand

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Posts by an individual member under the same thread are not cumulative to an overall message count either.

Different threads, they are

Last edited:

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
The whole list on notable members is totally wrong

I know I had the most posts

And other members appear to have had their figures ‘nobbled’

As Daisy (forgive me Daisy) was definitely placed well down on the list and had not posted anywhere near the amount I had posted

Yes I’m ratty

Like I said I have a lot going on and yes I know I’m not the only one on here suffering

But looking at notable members infuriates me when I know it’s wrong wrong wrong

I’ve contributed a lot to this forum not just the 14,000 posts incorrectly portrayed on notable members I know my post count was 80k

And I said in my opening post re leaving that my post count of late was a lot less daily BUT that I used to post 20+ posts daily

Yes + so it could well have been the figure mentioned.

edited by mod

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: porl69

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
When I was regularly testing FBG, I would look forward to your excellent results, with the extra considerations you have.

I suggest taking some time off, it does work. Often a post that you might think or expect to benign, can send someone else's blood pressure into orbit leaving you thinking how did that happen. Things are always less bad after a few days or weeks.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

edited by mod

It sure is. At least two of the "members' on that list have been banned lol.

Hey Cumbs have that break now. The last thing you need right now is to feel belittled here. Come back when you are feeling stronger and very many of us will be here to welcome you back with open arms.

Take care and remember it's important to put yourself first sometimes.

Hugs

PS You are still at the top of the ' most positive ratings' list.:)

Last edited:

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Personally I think the whole system of scores and grades is pointless and even confusing. Being labelled as a Diabetes "Guru" because you have posted lots of pictures of your dinner or your cat is ridiculous.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Personally I think the whole system of scores and grades is pointless and even confusing. Being labelled as a Diabetes "Guru" because you have posted lots of pictures of your dinner or your cat is ridiculous.
Whilst I agree, it is how a lot of forums work, as there is no way for the software to know what is useful or not, and even things like 'likes' or 'reputation' etc that are often used aren't very good either - and can easily be abused, so there is no good way of doing it :(

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was once on a forum which had a system of likes for individual posts, but no tally was kept. I think that's a much better way of doing it.

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
The system is a complex software program they sometimes go wrong with out the need for input from any one and the whole system has had a recent upgrade so you could perhaps put any anomalies down to one or more minor software glitches that have gone unnoticed.:)

Reactions: jjraak

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
This is all so upsetting, but I can see @Cumberland ’s point. The forum doesn’t seem very inclusive any more to those who choose to eat what they want, don’t do low carb and (particularly) are type one. It’s especially unwelcoming if you don’t eat meat; the constant belittling and badgering of those of us who follow vegetarian and vegan diets is driving people away.

Reactions: karen8967
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
The whole list on notable members is totally wrong

I know I had the most posts

And other members appear to have had their figures ‘nobbled’

As Daisy (forgive me Daisy) was definitely placed well down on the list and had not posted anywhere near the amount I had posted

Yes I’m ratty

Like I said I have a lot going on and yes I know I’m not the only one on here suffering

I’ve contributed a lot to this forum not just the 14,000 posts incorrectly portrayed on notable members I know my post count was 80k

And I said in my opening post re leaving that my post count of late was a lot less daily BUT that I used to post 20+ posts daily

Yes + so it could well have been the figure mentioned.

edited by mod

Hi, what I am getting from this post is, as a long standing member maybe 5/6/7/8/9/ years and posting a great deal, it seems to be not the correct amount as such, but noticed a huge drop in the amount of said posts. If there has been a technical glitch when the forum was down for maintenance very recently, then this could account for it. If this is the case, then yes i can some members being peeved about it. I have no idea how many posts I attributed before, so I can't comment on mine.
I will have to look now.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi, what I am getting from this post is, as a long standing member maybe 5/6/7/8/9/ years and posting a great deal, seems to be not the amount, as such but noticing a huge drop in the amount of said posts. If there has been a technical glitch when the forum was down for maintenance very recently, then this could account for it. If this is the case, then yes i can some members being peeved about it. I have no idea how many posts I attributed before, so I can't comment on mine.
I will have to look now.

17, 256

Reactions: jjraak

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I notice that I have some trophy points - what are they and how do I cash them in?

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This is all so upsetting, but I can see @Cumberland ’s point. The forum doesn’t seem very inclusive any more to those who choose to eat what they want, don’t do low carb and (particularly) are type one. It’s especially unwelcoming if you don’t eat meat; the constant belittling and badgering of those of us who follow vegetarian and vegan diets is driving people away.

I would actually like to find some other people on here who don't do low carb but eat what they want. :)
What I don't like is someone who sees my concerns about high fat as grounds for trying to start an argument with me. So far only one person has tried that on.
Thank goodness so far I haven't come across any stalkers.

andyR57

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I would actually like to find some other people on here who don't do low carb but eat what they want. :)
What I don't like is someone who sees my concerns about high fat as grounds for trying to start an argument with me. So far only one person has tried that on.
Thank goodness so far I haven't come across any stalkers.

I'm new to all of this, pre-diabetic and certainly still eating what I like [except cake, chocolate] with some moderate reduction in carbs [potatoes/bread] sort of following a lower carb mediterranean diet with plenty of veg, fruit, nuts, cheese, olive oil. But, but but after years and years of been told low fat is best still cannot go full fat and still opt for reduced fat cheese and lower fat meats. I hear the arguments but it does just not sit well. And yes, in the few posts I have made some replies have been quite dismissive, almost like just do as we say and don't dare question it , not bullying but certainly not supportive. I tend to stay away most of the time now and do my own research with just an occasional visit here.

Last edited:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
some replies have been quite dismissive

And many have also been very detailed and have provided great advice which for the most part you seem to be determined to ignore?
Many of us have years of experience of doing what we do and yes we have had to overcome misinformation. You appear unwilling to give the recommendations that you have had a try yet complain about worsening HbA1c levels.. what else can we do?

Reactions: HSSS

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm new to all of this, pre-diabetic and certainly still eating what I like [except cake, chocolate] with some moderate reduction in carbs [potatoes/bread] sort of following a lower carb mediterranean diet with plenty of veg, fruit, nuts, cheese, olive oil. But, but but after years and years of been told low fat is best still cannot go full fat and still opt for reduced fat cheese and lower fat meats. I hear the arguments but it does just not sit well. And yes, in the few posts I have made some replies have been quite dismissive, almost like just do as we say and don't dare question it , not bullying but certainly not supportive. I tend to stay away most of the time now and do my own research with just an occasional visit here.
However, your eating has not reduced your hba1c, has it, since you first came here two years ago.

How can people be supportive of an eating plan which hasn't helped your blood sugar levels, and where you ignore our advice and experience?

Read my signature under this post. Your criticism is unjustified.

Status
Not open for further replies.