Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

BG has been quite hectic since I’ve applied my sensor. What a rollercoaster I went home on Monday to see my parents. My poor baby cousin is unwell and she really hated Calpol. Sadly my time with my parents is coming to an end soon. I feel extra plump being at home, I missed mum’s cooking so much. I’m going to scream on Thursday because I have DAFNE from 9-15:00 and work at 16:00.
I had corrected a 11.3, so I’m preparing for the crash too.

Dabootie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, been AWOL for a week or so. Had a few days away then got caught up in work. Had an interesting first aid call the other day...a lady having a hypo!
What was interesting for me was seeing how differently people can react when low. The ambulance had to be called as the lady got quite combative and we couldn’t get her BG up no matter what we did but I know I’ve had lower sugars and reacted completely differently.

Have a good day all....chilly out isn’t it?!!

Reactions: Japes
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Good morning Wednesday pumpers and prickers, middle of the week already and ready to start the day with a 7.5 this morning, which was good with a little bit of help from NovoRapid last night ( I had a low earlier, which kept creeping up):rolleyes:
Happy Wednesday :)

Reactions: karen8967

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all, woke up bright and breezy at 5am, all in got time for a 0730-1930 shift. Unfortunately I’m on a 1500-0200...

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all....
Set change is a go for tonight. Bloods are totally being a PITA. I do think its the Fiasp! New vial later and fingers crossed.
Freezing cold here today. Got in the car and it was 2 degrees!!!! Thermals will be out tomorrow as well

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
8.6 this morning and 5.1 just now - winning! (for now at least)

Bright and sunny but cold here again today - oh and one broody young hen - what hen gets broody in the middle of November.......oh one of mine of course! Had blood test results back on the cat, as expected all tests come back A-OK.

@Dabootie not had to deal with a hypo induced combative person - find it best to leave them be until they are semi conscious then get some glucose down them:playful: I've probably mentioned in the past about a work colleague who was semi-conscious and I managed to get some full fat coke down him bit by bit and was interesting to see him come around bit by bit a bit more each time after each sip of coke :wideyed:

Reactions: Marie 2 and porl69

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning all....
Set change is a go for tonight. Bloods are totally being a PITA. I do think its the Fiasp! New vial later and fingers crossed.
Freezing cold here today. Got in the car and it was 2 degrees!!!! Thermals will be out tomorrow as well

Hi @porl69 BIB so it was a bit of a scorcher down your way. just outside Glasgow it was --3 at 7.30 this morning

My bloods have been OK recently went to bed on a 6.3 woke to a 7.0 and it has not gone above 7.8 since. Now on a 5.2, Long may it continue

Reactions: Marie 2

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hi @porl69 BIB so it was a bit of a scorcher down your way. just outside Glasgow it was --3 at 7.30 this morning

My bloods have been OK recently went to bed on a 6.3 woke to a 7.0 and it has not gone above 7.8 since. Now on a 5.2, Long may it continue
And its only going to get colder....:bag::bag:

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning guys, awoke on a virtual straight line throughout the night, @ 6.1 a great start to the day, as last week I had a rotten cough ( I still have a little tickle there) and Laryngitis too.
Sending get well (((( hugs)))))) to any poorly members :) Take care
@Robinredbreast hope you’re soon be feeling better - I’ve had the same so can sympathise

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

Diabetes is out of whack today. I went from a 12.2 to 20.9 this afternoon then 13.8 this evening and now we are back in to single digits. I feel awful :( But today my dad said we are going to Vietnam to see grandma after Christmas. It’ll be my first time seeing my dad’s side of the family. I am on my way home and my mum has spoiled me with a huge bag of chinese food items that I can use to make a nice herbal tea. :)

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I forgot to mention that I completely forgot to book a blood test a week before DAFNE. I happen to have booked it at the very last minute for tomorrow. I’m hoping it’s okay because I’m still quite new to how things work with my hospital. My previous hospital never asked for a blood test but based it on the blood test from your last appointment. But I have my first session tomorrow and a new hospital to scout where the session is being held. My current hospital is far too small to host a DAFNE course so it’s with a neighbouring hospital.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Morning, two high readings yesterday, even though I didn't eat a lot. My pen appears to be malfunctioning, not dispensing Insulin when I checked afterwards, so I will use a new one. Off to work now, but one child short as they were sent home yesterday with rather a bad tummy :(

Have a great Thursday folks :)

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Good morning all
AND a special happy birthday to Sir Frederick Banting....gotta love that man :)

Set change last night and a new vial of Fiasp used and my bloods are spot on, well went a tad low in the night BUT a winner non the less

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
6.4 this morning, 5.6 now - the world is currently good.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
I forgot to mention that I completely forgot to book a blood test a week before DAFNE. I happen to have booked it at the very last minute for tomorrow. I’m hoping it’s okay because I’m still quite new to how things work with my hospital. My previous hospital never asked for a blood test but based it on the blood test from your last appointment. But I have my first session tomorrow and a new hospital to scout where the session is being held. My current hospital is far too small to host a DAFNE course so it’s with a neighbouring hospital.

The want a HBA1C before your DAFNE course so they can find out if the course has worked for you