What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Now Dennis is barking downstairs at the bin men so I’d better be off.
Poor Dennis being tormented by those blasted tradesmen...a few higher results here & there are unlikely to influence your HbA1c results GJC you work hard produce excellent numbers you will be fine...good luck...how I'd manage without coffee first thing is beyond my comprehension.

Reactions: trick60 and DJC3

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great, who knew such things exist to take away all the fun of playing with sharp scissors with buttery fingers and making a great big mess. Best get some for the next one.
I have to make so many cakes for Christmas dunelm the paper & string drove me to distraction (polite way of saying lots of expletives & throwing things) the round ones and the bread loaf liners it makes the whole process less stressful.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
but am at the beginnings of Man Flu,

I've just had the flu john its nasty... jokes aside make sure you get some meds in & maybe Trixie or Sid could give you a hand keeping warm...look after yourself hope youre not going to work!

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Katy initially objected vocally to being popped into her bed, producing astounding volume and virtuosity for one so small :sorry: but she really doesn't much like the vacuum cleaner and runs away from it, which shows eminent good sense ;)
Ahh geeful poor kate...'Plumyp' hates the vacuum cleaner and tries to attack it at every opportunity...that's why I don't use it much (a great excuse).

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've just had the flu john its nasty... jokes aside make sure you get some meds in & maybe Trixie or Sid could give you a hand keeping warm...look after yourself hope youre not going to work!
yes am at work, busy deciding whether or not to go home as my cannula has decided to seal itself off again, never rains but it pours. plenty of paracetamol and a whisky hot toddy when I get home and bed, unfortunately Trixie and Sid are only good at standing on things that don't need standing on when trying to keep you warm! But they will try though!

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 I cant believe a coffee would make much difference especially if accompanied by a snifter ;) I know....as @HarryBeau said you will be fine! A 7 is anmoying to me too! @gennepher hug for the lack of sleep and you shouldnt be going through this tech fail, shame on them. If chocolate helps so be it.

Reactions: DJC3 and HarryBeau

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
yes am at work, busy deciding whether or not to go home as my cannula has decided to seal itself off again, never rains but it pours. plenty of paracetamol and a whisky hot toddy when I get home and bed, unfortunately Trixie and Sid are only good at standing on things that don't need standing on when trying to keep you warm! But they will try though!
John get yourself cosy pronto with meds, hot toddy and Trixie and Sid. Hope it doesnt linger. Best wishes.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
John get yourself home madness to be in work when you're ill...if you're in an environment with others they won't thank you for spreading germs around...yes I know what you mean with Trixie & Sid bulldogs are well intentioned...sweet & gentle creatures at least that's their intention...'Plumpy' is desperate to be a lap dog but physically that's an impossibility for him.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi all.

Not quite the badlands, but not the promised land either.. 6.0 on the Richter scale this morning.
Leaves me peaking Down into McGarrett Valley, with a touch of envy...:bag:

I so agree, @ianpspurs ... What a wonderful and varied thread we read.. Much to inspire and muse on.

@gennepher , Kudos for the fight back.
Hug for the hassle.

Great advise from many @johnpol

Every one knows the pecking order.
Paper cut
Childbirth
Man flu....obv init.:D

Get thee home.....:)

@DJC3 good luck on the test.

@Muddy Cyclist , great start on the units, good luck on the finishing, delightful moment with the grand daughter .

Hugs to all I missed, love ya all.
Hope the day is a good un.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
High levels (for me) during night as smothering with cold and barking like a dog with this cough

Bs hit 7 during night. I was hot cold sweating freezing....

Happy hump day to all.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191127-091126_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20191127-091126_LibreLink.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 92

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who missed the political clap trap that is going on. Lots of sympathy for many today, who ever said life is smooth, hugs to all who need them.

A gentle 8.2 today, still below 10 therefore ok. I'm placing the meter under defcon 3.

Well folks I run 3 calendars and didn't update them, hence tomorrow 3 events are scheduled, 1 happened yesterday ?? 1 has been moved to today and 1 is still current. Life can be a little confusing at times, I just thank whatever deity I choose that National Bin Day is a constant.

Because Mrs J is so kind to me, I've let her oversleep by an hour and am making her butternut spaghetti........Their will be trouble ahead.
Anybody know the WiFi code for the local A & E where I probably end up.
Have a good one folks.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Poor Dennis being tormented by those blasted tradesmen...a few higher results here & there are unlikely to influence your HbA1c results GJC you work hard produce excellent numbers you will be fine...good luck...how I'd manage without coffee first thing is beyond my comprehension.

He can’t wait to get out there Wednesday mornings to see what revolting bits have dropped off the back of the bin lorry!
I keep eyeing up the coffee, it’s becoming a very long morning!

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I keep eyeing up the coffee, it’s becoming a very long morning!
I've just had one for you...all over soon...as for poor Dennis those bin men should be ashamed leaving tasty tit bits there's only so much temptation any self respecting puppy can bear

Reactions: DJC3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
High levels (for me) during night as smothering with cold and barking like a dog with this cough

Bs hit 7 during night. I was hot cold sweating freezing....

Happy hump day to all.
Dont worry Debs that is a very respectable fbg considering you are ILL! Sounds like several have the dreaded lurgy so take time out and relax to get better. Take care.

Reactions: HarryBeau

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope you catch up with your appointments @alf_Josiah I have done exactly the same - not putting things on kitchen calendar or phone calendar, then getting in a pickle.
@Debandez sorry to hear you are under the weather, not surprised if you are a bit run down at the moment though and easy prey to any passing lurgy. You’ve been so busy recently.
@HarryBeau I’m beginning to think I have a problem with coffee addiction! By the time of my appointment (11:00) I had a thumping headache and felt generally horrible. I’d drunk a couple of litres of water so wasn’t dehydrated. As soon as I got out I detoured to Costa and practically inhaled a strong coffee. About 15 mins later - hey presto! Headache gone, feeling fine and my mood very much improved. Have you found this is you are ever denied your morning fix? I think I should probably try cutting down.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A lovely low 6.6 this morning, mine not to reason why. Mine but to stick and sing a rousing chorus of "Come Ye Thankful People, Come" a day early, it being THE traditional Thanksgiving hymn and tomorrow being Thanksgiving Day. Thankfully I bought the last of my feast fixin's yesterday so that I can actually feel I deserve a day in out of today's rain without guilt.

I am thankful for all of you here and for the site itself. A feast of fellowship every day, where, as Jesus quoted, "One sows and another reaps."

Off now to read what others have posted, and trust that you, @johnpol , have been able to get home and to bed and some rest with the dogs of peace. Peace to Dennis and @DJC3 as well, for surely by this time the bin men are far away.

Psalm 100.

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a blissfully quiet morning in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of early rising, again, splurged out a 4.8 on waking at 0455 - it’s now stopped complaining and is squawking at 5.5.

Yesterday was mainly playing with my new crock pot express multi cooker, shoe polisher and whisky still (you wish). So for a trial, why not do the Fakemass Cake in it (thank you chimp, such a bold idea, I would have gone for soup - how silly of me).
Everything mixed up - but wait, do we have a cake tin?
Walk into town, 8inch cake tin for only four quid, walk home .
Origami lesson with bits of lining paper and butter. Someone said to measure round the tin with a bit of string to get the length needed for the paper and then add a bit for overlap. NO - be `Archimedes- measure the diameter, multiply by three and a bit and then add for overlap - After all, it looks like a pi tin.

Anyhow, an hour in the crock pot using the desert setting and one Fakemass Cake.

Have a great day if you can, bins await, must go and wake them up.

View attachment 36932

View attachment 36933

m0167.gif
t31170.gif
t1916.gif
t1935.gif