Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Albee7740

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh dear - 10.7 at 7.30am. Will chalk this up to stress as numbers have been higher for the past week after hospital discharged my mum without are care package in place and she ended up back in hospital after another fall less than 72 hours from discharge!

Cybersight

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Have you been to see your doctor ?

@mojo37

Yes I saw my doc and am in contact with my DSN and COPD nurse as they both tie in together when I have a chest infection. I’m still following directions of increasing bolus by 20% every 2-3 days with high readings from my DSN and she’s also suggested doubling my Basal morning dose and 50% increase in night dose. I’m hypo unaware and sleep like the dead lol so I saw scared of doubling night dose as she first suggested so she lowered it to 50% and to phone in a few days if still reading the same.

A side note both nurses said that while I’m taking the steroids for my chest infection (just started the weeks course today) I’m going to possibly see higher or same values even though I’ve been putting it up. This is my first time of taking steroids so it’s just another one of life’s curve balls I guess..

Thank you for the advice though