What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning and it's all witchcraft to me.

Yesterday all I ate was a 12oz steak at 1400. Before eating my bg was 4.5 and after two hours... 6.9! No idea why as it was just a steak, cooked in the air fryer with a nob of butter added at the end. I admit I get frustrated at times by the whole thing as the whole action>reaction event isn't consistent.
I would get exactly the same with a 12oz steak. For me it seems that if I have more protein than my body needs it is converted to glucose. I have noticed that beef does this more than fish.

Edited to correct predictive text.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Fbg of 5.8 - after a strenuous workout releasing things held captive since the Paleolithic /Palaeolithic era. My human performance unit needs a serious personnel overhaul. @OldButBold sympathy for the attempt to understand how this all works. @SaskiaKC hug for your travails - seems to counter the narrative of US focus on customer service compared to slapdash UK standards. @trick60 enjoy York and McGarrett plains ain't going anywhere but today won't be round again. @DJC3 empathise with your Christmas feelings - we start to realise the emotions our parents hid so well when we were fully fledged. First Christmas we will spend at one of our sons (incase we moved in December) but we are providing food, booze, extra chairs, crockery and 89.9 yo Nan London. @dunelm sympathy for loo visits and tidying regime - less a problem these days since my mum aka Kim and Aggie+ no longer inspects. O Oriens today

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How are you finding your new pump. Is it preventing the hypos.
At the moment my levels are all over the place less hypos but quite a few highs its a matter of getting my settings right its very different to injecting and im sure it will settle soon x

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have already been in touch with two local TV news departments, neither of which will broadcast the stories of what's been happening here.
Saskia that's disgraceful I'm wondering if you have anything similar to age UK who will support you & the others in your apartment block... there has to be some way of getting the management company to be more responsible...what about writing to your congressman/woman?

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I came home from the grocery store this afternoon only to spend 20 minutes down on the ground floor waiting in the elevator lobb
Saskia I forgot to say you need to diarise all these events so when you get the right attention you have a full list of the M/Company's malaise & neglect but you'd probably already thought of that.

Reactions: DJC3

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 yesterday - Christmas meal out night before and I had pate and 3 small crostini, turkey dinner with a small piece of stuffing, 2 roasties, 2 parsnips and a spoon of Eric's dessert! Apart from that all good!!!
6.1 today after my naked kebab, 2 glasses of red and too much chocolate that fell into my mouth, no idea how that even happened. Oh yes, a few peanuts.

Psychologically I'm trying to put back on the 5lbs I lost when I was poorly I think! I'm only just feeling my old self now. But I'm very happy to have my appetite back I can tell you! Horrible feeling not wanting to eat!

Today normal service will resume! Yoghurt for breaky. Coffee n cream. Salad for lunch. Eggs for dinner.

Christmas present deliveries on agenda and food shop.

Tonight we are visiting some friends for a catch up.

Happy Saturday to one and all.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...the trials & tribulations of kittenhood...I've been up less than half an hour & have had to remove both of them from the Christmas tree three times...the log basket is now under attack (excuse me I'll be back in a moment)…last night Santa was plunged onto the floor from the side table of course no one knew who did it...but Lola was lurking nearby with that 'what' look on her face...I have no idea what happened to sweet little Charlie & Lola they seem to have disappeared & been replace by Beryl The Peril & Dennis The Menace...woke to a 6.5

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.0 today which is a vast improvement on yesterday.
@SaskiaKC thats a bad experience for seniors not being able to get back to their homes due to careless management and I cant believe the rudeness of that security guard. Hope you and the KC are tucked up having happy dreams right now.
@DJC3 hugs to you and your girl. @trick60 enjoy York a place I want to revisit soon.
@OldButBold I agree it doesnt seem right yet many carnivores on here seem to get away with it. I agree with @Krystyna23040 if I overdo meat it doesnt work for me either. Fish and eggs are fine. Will we ever understand this woe! @dunelm enjoy your day of prep for the littlies, you cant better the excitement of youngsters at Christmas.@gennepher hope you and Popeye are ok. @ianpspurs its nice you can all still be together this Christmas. Good luck with the move.
I now have the whole family together, with my friend arriving Christmas morning so jobs for everyone will be meted out today (by me of course). An impromptu dartboard has appeared in the tv room where I seldom venture, nailed to the back of a unit which is now facing the wall. Might be wise to let it go, methinks.
Have a great Saturday everyone. Stay/get well. Stay safe.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...the trials & tribulations of kittenhood...I've been up less than half an hour & have had to remove both of them from the Christmas tree three times...the log basket is now under attack (excuse me I'll be back in a moment)…last night Santa was plunged onto the floor from the side table of course no one knew who did it...but Lola was lurking nearby with that 'what' look on her face...I have no idea what happened to sweet little Charlie & Lola they seem to have disappeared & been replace by Beryl The Peril & Dennis The Menace...woke to a 6.5
Lol thats Christmas for you...you’ll just have to develop a stern louder voice for these occasions. That worked/works for me and was how I trained Bobs from wandering down the drive. Of course my scratched and wrecked furniture begs to differ. o_O

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning with a 6.2 today probably because I eat a late snack after last nights gig, which other than a few wrong notes went very well. The drive back from Shropshire was star studded the atmosphere must have been very clear as they shone like jewels, thought of you @gennepher but my phone camera is not up to taking night sky pictures.

Busy day sorting final things for MILs move to nursing home on Monday, Christmas still very much on hold.

More light tomorrow so you can start reducing electricity bills.

Be bold, cease the day.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lol thats Christmas for you...you’ll just have to develop a stern louder voice for these occasions. That worked/works for me and was how I trained Bobs from wandering down the drive. Of course my scratched and wrecked furniture begs to differ. o_O
I am developing my 'I mean business' voice PM...it seems to be halting them for now I am going to invest in a little water gun...a friend says that's very effective...a little squirt at them in the act...but they must not see where it comes from...then they associate that object with something they don't like & leave it alone (in theory)..so off to Amazon right now...ATM they are fighting like tiny ninja's on my lovely old Laura Ashley chair...like all in wrestlers.

Reactions: gennepher

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.5 yesterday - Christmas meal out night before and I had pate and 3 small crostini, turkey dinner with a small piece of stuffing, 2 roasties, 2 parsnips and a spoon of Eric's dessert! Apart from that all good!!!
6.1 today after my naked kebab, 2 glasses of red and too much chocolate that fell into my mouth, no idea how that even happened. Oh yes, a few peanuts.

Psychologically I'm trying to put back on the 5lbs I lost when I was poorly I think! I'm only just feeling my old self now. But I'm very happy to have my appetite back I can tell you! Horrible feeling not wanting to eat!

Today normal service will resume! Yoghurt for breaky. Coffee n cream. Salad for lunch. Eggs for dinner.

Christmas present deliveries on agenda and food shop.

Tonight we are visiting some friends for a catch up.

Happy Saturday to one and all.
Glad to hear you are on the mend and appetite is restored.

Reactions: gennepher

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Morening all, Mrs J is in full get your bottom in gear mode and hence a quick sneak onto the forum.
6.6 this morning.

Must go tasks to perform under the watchful eyes of that evil fire breathing dragon I married all those years ago.
Enjoy your day if allowe'd.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
' morning all. 7.2 fbs for me this morning. I know that's not good but I expected it to be much higher after succumbing to a packet of plain crisps and several chocolates last night following a very upsetting visit with mum at her nursing home. We don't normally have such things in the house but I always have a dish of brightly coloured chocs at Christmas for visitors. They tasted extremely sweet but I ate them anyway. :banghead: I promise to be better behaved today. :angelic:Enjoy your week-end everyone. :)

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
IMG_21122019_104813_(1800_x_1200_pixel).jpg

Popeye: What is this?

Me: It's you!

Popeye: It has a face but no body?

Me: It's a hand made broach. A Xmas present sent to me.

IMG_21122019_104843_(1698_x_1200_pixel).jpg

Popeye: Does it look like me?

Me: YES!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

They’ll be back I’m sure. We also have a very tempting log basket - D is so quick to dart in there and leg it with whatever he can grab. We’ve had to make a protective fort round it with bookcase, armchair and emergency electric heater ( not plugged in) - it all looks a bit odd in that corner of the room but it works for now!

Reactions: ianpspurs

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They tasted extremely sweet but I ate them anyway.
I'm not surprised you need them dogslife...in such difficult upsetting circumstances it's sometimes a very necessary evil...I hope you have some resolution in the next few days.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.0 today which is a vast improvement on yesterday.
@SaskiaKC thats a bad experience for seniors not being able to get back to their homes due to careless management and I cant believe the rudeness of that security guard. Hope you and the KC are tucked up having happy dreams right now.
@DJC3 hugs to you and your girl. @trick60 enjoy York a place I want to revisit soon.
@OldButBold I agree it doesnt seem right yet many carnivores on here seem to get away with it. I agree with @Krystyna23040 if I overdo meat it doesnt work for me either. Fish and eggs are fine. Will we ever understand this woe! @dunelm enjoy your day of prep for the littlies, you cant better the excitement of youngsters at Christmas.@gennepher hope you and Popeye are ok. @ianpspurs its nice you can all still be together this Christmas. Good luck with the move.
I now have the whole family together, with my friend arriving Christmas morning so jobs for everyone will be meted out today (by me of course). An impromptu dartboard has appeared in the tv room where I seldom venture, nailed to the back of a unit which is now facing the wall. Might be wise to let it go, methinks.
Have a great Saturday everyone. Stay/get well. Stay safe.

I love the sound of your impromptu darts room. It’s shaping up to be a very good Christmas at your place.