So happy about my HbA1c

Beastie_boy82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had 81 at the end October and then I did the test two weeks later and it was 69. So I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.
Anyway I did another test and the end of the year. I got the result today and it was 36. So chuffed. Back into the normal range. :)
But then I have changed my life style low carbs, and exercise. I have lost 18kg since I have started. Gone from an XX to an large. So chuffed.

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
I had 81 at the end October and then I did the test two weeks later and it was 69. So I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.
Anyway I did another test and the end of the year. I got the result today and it was 36. So chuffed. Back into the normal range. :)
But then I have changed my life style low carbs, and exercise. I have lost 18kg since I have started. Gone from an XX to an large. So chuffed.
As you well should be proud! I’m proud of you, well done! :cat:

Reactions: Beastie_boy82

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Amazing effort - well done on taking control and seeing excellent results :)

Lindap118

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Beastie_boy82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am so pleased to read this. I was diagnosed a month ago and am trying my best to lose weight to reverse the diagnosis. Your success makes me believe I can do it! Inspirational- thank you

Hey, I am sure you can do it. Do you have a plan of attack?
Low carb and exercise (weights and cardio) worked best for me.
If you need more info drop me a line.

Lindap118

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey, I am sure you can do it. Do you have a plan of attack?
Low carb and exercise (weights and cardio) worked best for me.
If you need more info drop me a line.
Hi there. I do weights and cardio at gym 3 times a week with a PT - have done so for 3 years. I think the leap to HBA1c must have been due to a back injury that kept me out of the gym for 4 months. I’m back now and have added Zumba class to my week.
I am trying the Exante shakes and bars which are low cal /low carb / high protein and am trying for 800 to 1000 calories a day for a few weeks. Hoping for a short sharp shock to my pancreas

MrPeaky

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Brilliant mate made up for you, hoping to follow you in that 3 month window with similar results =D

Brilliant work.

Throwing away clothes that now drown you is inspiring !!!

I have about 10 things that now fit me and its been 9 weeks lol. Will be walking round like a tramp for a few months untill I get down to target and can go clothes shopping haha!