What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
FB_IMG_1573807914936.jpg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of sous vide chicken and a couple of eggs fried in butter came in at a “shut that door” 4.0 this a.m.

It’s that there Friday again - end of the long weekend or beginning of the short weekend. Who cares, the sun is breaking through and as Mrs Migging and I both have a blank space in our busy retirement calendars, we are off for a spin over the moors to Whitby. We might call in at Bram Stoker’s old appartment and make enquires about his penchant for sweet treats and fast food.

Anyhow, have a great day if you can, wear a cross and pace yourself over 100m if you can’t.

Reactions: HarryBeau and DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 today (so, so) and over 8 hrs sleep (excellent). A day to remember William Laud (this village has many Lauds all excellent sportsmen and 4 were professional boxers) and a Wolf Moon tonight. I need to post less and shorter. New target for me and Keto: “Presume not that I am the thing I was./ For God doth know, so shall the world perceive,/ That I have turned away my former self.”

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.5 yesterday and 4.3 today

yesterday it was our first full day back volunteering at the big shed after the festive season :) and it was very cold, just above freezing to start with so we were both doing Michelin man impressions with extra layers first thing ;) it's the hands that are most difficult to keep warm I find :sorry:

Colder and frosty here again today so we'll probably just have a day at home doing stuff that needs doing. Just heading into the kitchen to make soup for lunch.

Hope your day treats you well :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning, seems so dark today, but sun promised and granddaughter day so off out doing silly stuff.

A 5.6 for me this morning.

@gennepher another early painting success, agree with you about paper size and acrylics, you did well to keep your left over acrylics useable mine always harden.

So off to prepare for youngest family members arrival, 4 years and a bundle of inquisitiveness, questions, energy and imagination.

Use and Drain your day of every possible minute it offers you.

The paints were a little bitty, hence a very textured painting!

Have a good day.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyone else followed a DD meal plan and found the weights impossible to match?
Day 1 breakfast; No egg, rashers of bacon or mushroom we had were that small. 14 gms cheese is not much. Looks like this will be fun and very wasteful of food. Fresh veg just not practical:arghh::arghh:

Mushroom Omelette
Ingredients

• 1/2 tbsp Butter (7g)
  • 1/4 cup, pieces or slices Mushrooms (18g) (.7)
  • 1 Egg (50g) (.8)
  • 1 egg white (separated from yolk) Egg White (40g) (.45)
  • 1/2 slice Cheddar Cheese (14g)
  • 2 strip Bacon (24g) (1.2)
Also, what is 1/8 of a tomato (comes later today)? 2 months personalised meal plans in attempt to improve bg control. Of course I will lose weight eating fresh air. Struggled at meal 1 - would have been better just skipping breakfast as per :arghh::arghh: Broke my vow to post less already:bigtears::bigtears::bigtears:

Last edited:

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...up early at just after 5am same as yesterday...unlike yesterday I went straight back to bed & woke again just after 09:15 needed that...could have been longer but my feet were targeted by sharp little teeth & claws divebombing them anytime they moved under the duvet...up 'monsters' fed so I can sip my coffee in peace while the tear up anything within their reach...time for more coffee I think...woke to a 6.2

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
10-01-2020
@DJC3 brilliant news. You must be so relieved. Clinks celebratory glass of wine. Votre Santé.
@SaskiaKC Great party!
@Krystyna23040 Hope you get to relax over the weekend.

Very late dinner last night was expecting a high for me result this morning. Happy to get 5.8

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Day 1 breakfast; No egg, rashers of bacon or mushroom we had were that small. 14 gms cheese is not much. Looks like this will be fun and very wasteful of food. Fresh veg just not practical:arghh::arghh:

Mushroom Omelette
Ingredients

• 1/2 tbsp Butter (7g)
  • 1 Egg (50g) (.8)
Also, what is 1/8 of a tomato (comes later today)? 2 months personalised meal plans in attempt to improve bg control. Of course I will lose weight eating fresh air. Struggled at meal 1 - would have been better just skipping breakfast as per :arghh::arghh: Broke my vow to post less already:bigtears::bigtears::bigtears:
Good grief! Last night my omelette consisted of two chopped portebello mushrooms fired in butter and three eggs. I think I am a glutton. I always think if its lc ingredients I can have a generous portion but I may have to rethink my portions but I am not a fan of weighing everything. Tou are very brave.

Reactions: dunelm

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Mushroom Omelette
Ingredients

• 1/2 tbsp Butter (7g)
  • 1 Egg (50g) (.8)
A two egg omelette with one mushroom and a squeeze of cheeze would have sufficed I would think

Reactions: jjraak

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy Weekend Eve, everyone! :)
8.4 for me this morning after 11 hours' sleep and what I'd thought was a fairly lowish-carb Thursday.
Another very stressful afternoon yesterday with another broken elevator. I wish these "mechanics" would just pack up their gear and GO AWAY.
Is it here on this board that I read that statins can raise blood sugar? Because I have given up all my favorite carby foods and my FBG is all over the place in the 8s and 7s.

@dunelm Thank you for posting those lovely photos. :) So, the author of Dracula died the year the Titanic went down and my father was born. Hmmm ........

I am going to try to eat nothing but meat and fruit/veg this weekend and see if that makes any difference at all in my FBGs.

Reactions: dunelm

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Mushroom Omelette
Ingredients

• 1/2 tbsp Butter (7g)
  • 1 Egg (50g) (.8)

That breakfast might fill up one Wispa-sized dog for an hour or two ... or two adolescent kittens (minus the cheese of course!). :(

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7 at 4 am.

Done my daily painting challenge to myself.

View attachment 37733
3 shaving brushes, one rigger brush, and one fan brush used to paint this.
Acrylic paints, but they were all left overs when I squeezed too much paint out (they were still usable a few days later) and I put them in a sealed container. So this was odds and ends of left over paints.
Again like yesterday on an A4 pad, but I still find it a small size for acrylics and freedom of expression. A4 would be fine for watercolours I think.
I am back in bed with cat. It is too flipping cold today. So warming up and a nap before I embrace the day again....

That is beautiful. Thank you for posting it. We have a tree a lot like that in our parking lot. I thought it was an oak but its leaves are not really oaklike (to my limited knowledge) and now that they are all off, there is no mistletoe in its boughs, unlike its oak neighbors.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hugs for the unexpected FBG and the broken elevator and the annoying workmen!
It seems that anything and nothing can increase fbg...statins, stress, a cold etc. The Father of the Thread always gets best results with crumpets oozing with butter ;)
You said you slept long and I wonder if you tested later than usual if the Dawn Phenomimum had a hand in it. I will try to remember to greet Mr PM later dancing like the weekend Eve people though that might make him think I have been at the gin!
Try not to worry hope you and the KC have a good day and weekend.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Contentment is sitting on the sofa playing Outspell on your computer while your real live laptop snores in your lap.
^. .^
Oh yes I am on sofa under a rug with a very warm sleeping Daisy next to me and the soft snores of Bobs from her basket and gazing out at the fading light between the Pines.

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist