What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not a lot of chance to paint but convinced my granddaughter to join me for a quick half a hour, so we looked at sea painting for the seascape I have to do. So practised water colour waves, very fast pencil sketch to lay out the painting and of course I have to include my 4 year olds seaside picture....
IMG_2451.JPG

In my Granddaughters picture can you spot... waves, sun, people, rain and cloud, rocks and seaweed?

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not a lot of chance to paint but convinced my granddaughter to join me for a quick half a hour, so we looked at sea painting for the seascape I have to do. So practised water colour waves, very fast pencil sketch to lay out the painting and of course I have to include my 4 year olds seaside picture....
View attachment 37740
In my Granddaughters picture can you spot... waves, sun, people, rain and cloud, rocks and seaweed?
I can almost feel the spray from that painted wave...what a lovely thing to do with your little GD...I think hers represents a typical summer’s day at rhe beach. She obviously put a lot of thought into it. :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
View attachment 37740

I give winner emoji for your granddaughter’s picture @Muddy Cyclist :)

P.S. your first wave is very effective as well...

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hugs for the unexpected FBG and the broken elevator and the annoying workmen!
It seems that anything and nothing can increase fbg...statins, stress, a cold etc. The Father of the Thread always gets best results with crumpets oozing with butter ;)
You said you slept long and I wonder if you tested later than usual if the Dawn Phenomimum had a hand in it. I will try to remember to greet Mr PM later dancing like the weekend Eve people though that might make him think I have been at the gin!
Try not to worry hope you and the KC have a good day and weekend.

Hahaha. Thanks. :) Lucky Mr PM! Have fun, you two! :)

I did test later than usual this morning. It was nearly ten o'clock, whereas usually I'm up sometime around 7:30 or 8:00. I will blame the high number on the hour. :D

Now it's 2 hours after breakfast, and so much for low carb -- I had a mug of coffee with heavy cream, and 4 small sausages, and I'm as hungry now as if I'd eaten nothing but a crumpet!
(Note to self: look for crumpets at store this weekend; if found, buy, try, and test ... croissants will do. ) :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
View attachment 37740

Three lovely paintings! Please tell Granddaughter I love her picture (if she is old enough to understand). I have seen rain coming down the beach like that in South Carolina.
I love your paintings too. I can feel the waves and the spume. Lovely! I wanna go grab my bathing suit! :)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
look for crumpets at store this weekend; if found, buy, try, and test ... croissants will do. ) :)
I am not giving serious advice about that btw but @OldButBold often reflects on results after buttery crumpets being better than after a LC day (might be due to the butter). When I have my daily slice of LC toast, I let it cool and spread a thick layer of real butter to counteract the carbs. But who knows what happens sometimes. I do think your FBG today was down to waking late. Good luck with your choices at the store.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope you get to relax over the weekend.
Am so looking forward to Sunday - my day off. We are meeting friends for Sunday lunch at a lovely pub near us.

It has been a very hard week. I think I got too used to living life at a slower pace over the 3 week Christmas vacation.

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am not giving serious advice about that btw but @OldButBold often reflects on results after buttery crumpets being better than after a LC day (might be due to the butter). When I have my daily slice of LC toast, I let it cool and spread a thick layer of real butter to counteract the carbs. But who knows what happens sometimes. I do think your FBG today was down to waking late. Good luck with your choices at the store.

Thanks. That's how I read your advice. :)
I did buy some very good cod which the KittenCat and I both like. (And 1 croissant, for which I take cod -- er, sole -- responsibility ;).)

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. Actually had a sunny afternoon here down on the South Coast yesterday/

A repeat of the previous day, lovely mixed olive ciabatta/+charcuterie lunch with non-standard 500mg SR Metformin. Fitted laundered ropes to boat. LCHF supper plus usual 2 x SR 500mg Metformin. . Seven hours of blissful sleep under the new duvet. FBG 6.0 mmo/lt at 0530.

Resolution: Back to tuna salad lunches. Skip the bread rolls for now. Didn't measure BG pp.
Have a great weekend.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. Actually had a sunny afternoon here down on the South Coast yesterday/

A repeat of the previous day, lovely mixed olive ciabatta/+charcuterie lunch with non-standard 500mg SR Metformin. Fitted laundered ropes to boat. LCHF supper plus usual 2 x SR 500mg Metformin. . Seven hours of blissful sleep under the new duvet. FBG 6.0 mmo/lt at 0530.

Resolution: Back to tuna salad lunches. Skip the bread rolls for now. Didn't measure BG pp.
Have a great weekend.

Your new duvet sounds very nice. I may ask you for input when I get a new one.
What kind of boat do you have, and what is the difference between ropes and sheets and lines and hawsers please?
Enjoy the weekend!

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Your new duvet sounds very nice. I may ask you for input when I get a new one.
What kind of boat do you have, and what is the difference between ropes and sheets and lines and hawsers please?
Enjoy the weekend!
hello @SaskiaKC . Duvet. Buy the best you can afford.
My 10m cruising yacht has many "ropes". These all have names. Yesterday I refitted the "traveller control lines". Laundered genoa sail "sheets" are still in the locker. It has been so wet for weeks that my "ropes" have been going green and mouldy, so they have been passing through my washing machine. I don't have a hawser but I do have anchor chain and 14mm nylon "warp".
My boat is over 25 years old, complete with a lot of teak inside and out. Lots of maintenance and TLC.
Have a great weekend.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a very blowy dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of “let’s play that game of getting up to check out the bathroom every 90 minutes” came in at 4.2 this a.m.

Lovely stomp round Whitby yesterday. Found a fish and chip restaurant that gave the option of poaching and grilling your fish instead of the normal batter and fry. So, a large portion of grilled cod please.
“With chips?”
“No thanks, just the fish.”
“Salad then?”
“No thanks, just the fish, oh and a large glass of your Merlot and a jug of water.”
It was very good. Mrs Miggins had the full works - Cod, chips, mushy peas, bread and butter and a mug of tea.
You are not allowed to feed the seagulls in Whitby - you can get press ganged and end up scrubbing the deck on The Bark Endeavour.

More excellent art work, thank you @Muddy Cyclist and granddaugher.

Have a great day if you can, say indoors and work out just exactly how you become a “Certified Carnivour Coach if you can’t - https://www.carnivorecast.com/podcast/yecca

upload_2020-1-11_6-55-23.jpeg

upload_2020-1-11_6-55-47.jpeg

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 today ± 5 %. Day 1 of DD personalised diet survived minus 1 meal and the snack. Off piste for tea containing milk (mixed almond and lacto free semi skimmed - can't find LF whole hereabouts) - I can't drink black tea or coffee. Did have 1 lacto free latte while driving around and 1 latte in Waitrose. @dunelm nice pics and your day sounds great (apart from #loogate); @True Blue I can sense the love for your boat in your post. Remember Mary Slessor today and you can now say Alexa open the Church of England. Psalm 150 may be approx 2 days late but is ideal for @DJC3

Last edited:

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.5 today

it's a bit warmer here after our couple of cold and frosty days but it's windy and chucking it down :hilarious:
Here, close to the sea, it tends to be windy as the norm. though ;)

Shopping today so we can eat tomorrow, we need to decide what dinner tomorrow will be and we're out of bacon, eggs and a couple of other things so 'a-shopping we will go'.

Hope your day treats you well :)

@jjraak thanks for tip, those handwarmers look useful :)

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.8

My daily painting challenge to myself...

A6371445-0E1E-415B-95FD-33ECCF55E4EE.jpeg

I think I got a bit carried away with the splattering of paint ....it is enjoyable to splatter paint....I must do a Jackson Pollock one of these days...

Have a good weekend.
Hugs for those who need them.
A wee bit of wind here...that is the wind in the garden blowing my trees...

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Day 2 of this journey looks much more doable and includes balsamic vinegar so must be a keeper. Not intending to post all days. This is just the 1st time anything from DD has looked sensible to me.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-01-11 at 08.19.20.png
    Screenshot 2020-01-11 at 08.19.20.png
    116.3 KB · Views: 226

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.8

My daily painting challenge to myself...

View attachment 37748
I think I got a bit carried away with the splattering of paint ....it is enjoyable to splatter paint....I must do a Jackson Pollock one of these days...

Have a good weekend.
Hugs for those who need them.
A wee bit of wind here...that is the wind in the garden blowing my trees...
Trees look like they are on fire @gennepher
Very effective... Like.

Last edited:
Reactions: HarryBeau