What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am so pleased to hear that Dennis is OK. Thank goodness he has recovered. I am sure you will all sleep really well. Of course Dennis has absolutely no idea of the worry he has put everyone through.
Haha Of course not. he was so excited to get home and bounced around for 20 mins playing with all his toys, then conked out for 2 hrs!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
. I am currently on Book 3 of a 5-book fantasy series by Mercedes Lackey. This series is the Collegium Chronicles, for any of you who read Valdemar novels.

I haven’t heard of them, but I like the fantasy genre usually so I’ll look out for them. I love finding a new author, especially if there is a series of books to look forward to.

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Started bigger picture, as promised I did a quick doodle when waiting for paint to dry. So here it is I thought I would join @gennepher and go messy with Acrylic, used old credit card and big brush, canvas size somewhere between A4 and A5 took about 45 minutes to paint 20 minutes to clean up, messy stuff. Oh! Sorry it's a sea pic again but I'm in an Oceanic mood. :joyful:

View attachment 37838

That is beautiful. I love seascapes.

Reactions: HarryBeau

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope C&L are being good little souls.
They are at the moment DJC but it's relatively early evening...just fed them (again) so a little relaxing before they begin their nightly excursions...they look like butter wouldn't melt...

Stretch.JPG

Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
It could be but I was thinking of the walk between Watergate Bay and Porth (though those inlets too treacherous for a boat and fisherman. We are booking a Headland cottage for the second week in June. Its Mr PM’s 60th. I will send you a PM tomorrow. Chin chin!

It reminded me of the view from the little bridge on Porth Island, @PM , with Gull rock just out of sight. Happy memories of holidays spent there. Enjoy your holiday in June- a lovely place to celebrate a birthday.:)

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They are at the moment DJC but it's relatively early evening...just fed them (again) so a little relaxing before they begin their nightly excursions...they look like butter wouldn't melt...

View attachment 37840
They are darlings! I love that bushy raccoon-like tail. Is it always like that, or is it just coming down from some alarm? ^. .^ The KittenCat's tail bushes out when she gets scared, sometimes its whole length, sometimes just a tuft right in the middle.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
At least you are walking better than in the previous emoticon ;) which was a bit like me in high heels!

I haven't worn high heels in nearly 40 years! :) I was very fortunate back in the early '80s to date a man who wasn't much taller than me. In heels I felt taller than him (even though I really wasn't) so I started wearing flats. I have never gone back to heels. :)

I have just about decided to keep these new shoes. After all, I bought them mostly for wet winter walking and I don't have to do a lot of that, thank goodness. Today they did not cause as much pain as the first couple of times I wore them, just a little in my lower back. And they are better for walking than my wellies were.
Once I move -- if and when -- I will be able to check out the lie of the land there and see if I will need any wellies; if I do, I will buy some locally or just order a pair online, as I do all my other clothes these days.
It seems like no one wears green wellies anymore anyway, which is a shame, because I loved mine.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Am I the only one having problems with this site? It just started last night. I am having problems tagging people. And I can no longer start a post, then move to a different page of the thread to check something, and then come back to complete my post. It used to remain as a greyed-out "draft," but now it just disappears.

trick60

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, 5.5 on the dice today, sausage sandwich for the win.

I just went back a page @SaskiaKC and my post was still there when I came back, just "greyed out" there must be a glitch in the matrix over there, hope it sorts itself out.

Have a lovely day all, I have to go jump up and down on a dustbin now.

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. Found non-consumed 500mg Metformin on my kitchen table.

So did my FBG test at 0600 with a little apprehension. No problemo. 5.8 mm0/lt.

Full English with small amount of baked beans awaits. Off to Wales bu car, so don't want to be hungry at the motorway services as they don't have diabetic food. Have a great day.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh don’t they just. They look so innocent!
Yes they do but not in 'bed' until well after midnight last night...I went to bed at 1am & could hear them playing with their ball tower...I may have to begin confiscating their 'toys' at night...I have the Beryl The Peril & Minnie The Minx of kittens;););)

Reactions: SaskiaKC and DJC3

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. Found non-consumed 500mg Metformin on my kitchen table.
Missing the odd Metformin tablet won't do any harm or show in your BG levels immediately...Metformin takes a week or two to get into your system and to come out of it..

Last edited:
Reactions: True Blue

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
"...kershh..kershh..Na...clikc..click...kershh..crackle..be adv..kershh..
...Nasa this is Lander ONE ..Do you copy..?..."

" Copy that lander ONE..coming in loud and clear..<whoops in the background>
we lost you for a bit on the descent....copy
"

"haha, sorry about that Huston,..but we are back in the Game, copy "

"Copy that, and we are all pure glad to hear it...Lander ONE what is you status, copy "

".ker.we have landed on the surface..kershhh.crackle..ander raak, has descended..kershhl"

"copy that Lander 1, switching to Commander raak..."

"Huston, i've just <huh> stepped on to the <huh> surface..kersh-h-h...McGarrett plains looks as
beautiful
..kershhh al life, as it does via the telescop..crackle..Millions of miles awa..kershh...air quality is at 5.7..
to paraphase a previous mis..kershh..it is one Giant Leap for Man, kershh,cracklee.."

"Copy that..Good to hear commander...the president sends HIS congratulations to you all.. copy".

"copy, huston..tell <huh> the president tha...kersh.. and give all our love to ever crackle back home..kershh..crackle"

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...terrible sleep last night (or early this morning) off to bed just after 1am...up at 05:30...shopping coming this morning so no chance of a lie in...one of those nights when as I got up I wasn't sure if I'd slept at all...my morning priorities done fed & watered the 'monsters' who are now careering around upstairs in 'their room'...that even takes precedent over my coffee who would have thought?...woke to a 5.7

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...terrible sleep last night (or early this morning) off to bed just after 1am...up at 05:30...shopping coming this morning so no chance of a lie in...one of those nights when as I got up I wasn't sure if I'd slept at all...my morning priorities done fed & watered the 'monsters' who are now careering around upstairs in 'their room'...that even takes precedent over my coffee who would have thought?...woke to a 5.7

You really are the Bestest of Cat Mummies..:D

Hugs for the poor sleep..(i slept great, if that helps..:bag:;) )

Reactions: DJC3 and trick60

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They are darlings! I love that bushy raccoon-like tail
That is her usual everyday tail Saskia (she keeps the formal one for special occasions;)) it is bushy...however I think because she is still growing back the hair shaved when she was spayed it might look bushier...they are darlings but not when they climb my curtains which they are doing with gusto at the moment....I wont tell you what I've just called them!

Reactions: DJC3