What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Eye surgery scheduled tomorrow, definitely not looking forward to it due to the fact that's it meant to take upto an hour. But I rapidly found out that I don't like my eye's interfered with after I had all of the laser treatment to save my sight, so knockey knees time!!
Good luck for tomorrow. Fbs not bad for such a stressful time.

Reactions: HarryBeau and DJC3

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning from the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of slow cooker and flash grill combo on a handful of lamb ribs came in at 4.6 this a.m.

I enjoy lamb, Mrs Miggins not so. However she was staying over at our daughters last night to give her a bit of respite from our granddaughters penchant for food at odd times during the night (into her third month and also her second decade all at the same time). Not sure about getting some of these key toe sticks; would normal drum sticks work or perhaps even a couple of pencils with rubbers (or erasers if you want to be all hip and modern) or is that a bit off key? Also, which toe is the key one and how often do you need to bang it. Asking for a friend.
Coldplays Yellow was run out on the radio yesterday and I realised that I do prefer the Jodie Whittaker version. I can think about the lyrics clearer or is it just that I learned the back story of why she chose that particular song?
Are students at Magdalen College all tearfully sentimental and does that stop if you pop an ‘e’ on the end Magdalene?
Koffy, I need koffy.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Also, which toe is the key one and how often do you need to bang it. .
I use the one hit by a cricket ball at 90 mph - strangely larger than others. At that speed I only ever banged it the once. Agree about Jodie's version of Yellow and am with the inestimable Mrs Miggins on lamb. No idea about Magdalen, Wolfson for me.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning. 4.2 last night when I went to bed. Woke up at 2pm with hypo symptoms. Decided that I was probably in the low 3s so would just ignore it and let liver sort it out - which it did this morning.

That is one of the things I love about not being on insulin. I go down into the 3s but never ever lower. On insulin I would drop down into the low 2s and need glucose tablets urgently. Although I must admit that I did enjoy eating the glucose tablets.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning after a good sleep, didn’t wake til gone 8am so poor Den was desperate for a wee by then but still seems in fine fettle, (thanks @geefull )though he has forgotten all the good behaviour he learned and is now jumping up at me and pulling on the lead again. No matter, it’s still lovely to have him back.
@gennepher I love today’s painting but I’m really sorry about your hand pain. Your idea with dropping the brushes into a bucket of water sounds like a good plan.
@johnpol I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow, not surprised you’re a bit knocky kneed today. Have you got anything planned for today that might help to take your mind off it for a bit?
@HarryBeau hugs for the lack of sleep, we’ve said it before but it really is as exhausting as having toddlers around isn’t it? They must be so happy though, and you’ve given them a lovely safe haven. I hope your curtains survive their kitten-hood!
Great post again @jjraak -always so inventive, and always make me smile.
@PenguinMum hugs for the higher than hoped for fbg again, hope you miss the rain. No chance of that here it’s tipping down already.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dennis is finally home and full of beans! No obvious I’ll effects apart from black poo from the charcoal they gave him to eat. It’s been such a long day waiting and waiting.
Many thanks for your lovely encouraging messages. Don’t think I’ve yet mentioned @gennepher @PenguinMum @Debandez @Muddy Cyclist @dunelm @ianpspurs @HarryBeau
I think we’ll all sleep well tonight and that door catch is now top of the ‘to do’ list of things to fix. He’s curled up asleep on daughter’s lap at the moment, so he obviously isn’t bearing a grudge.

Edit typo
Brilliant news.

Reactions: HarryBeau

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hugs for the lack of sleep, we’ve said it before but it really is as exhausting as having toddlers around isn’t it? They must be so happy though, and you’ve given them a lovely safe haven. I hope your curtains survive their kitten-hood!
Thanks DJC I'm waiting for them to go for a snooze after their mid morning snack...I spent a fortune on Harrington's kitten crunchy biscuits...they've turned their nose up & prefer one of the cheaper (but not the best) ones...they have a check up back at Wood Green on the 26th so the Harrington's will be given to them...they've popped upstairs to use the freshly cleaned litter tray...one of their favourite ways to express their views on my efforts to exert a minimum standard of discipline...as for the curtains they're on their won in this.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
best wishes for tomorrow @johnpol
hope the day goes speedily and results are the best possible.

@gennepher , another liking the pic...but sympathies for the hands.
also liking the indomitable spirit..you always show.(did some one say cantankerous :bag:)

bet you .could give a few of the young uns a lesson and a run for their money, i bet
in dealing with 'REAL' life issues..:D

@DJC3 , lovely to hear the Terror of the Slippers is back in da house..and (slightly) running amok.
much more preferable to how it could of been, so i bet your wearing that with a nice smile..(for now..;))
and love the words for the KK gang.
@HarryBeau hugs for the lack of sleep, we’ve said it before but it really is as exhausting as having toddlers around isn’t it? They must be so happy though, and you’ve given them a lovely safe haven.

@dunelm, while @ianpspurs is on fire this morning..(nice works getting shania twain in there, and the Calc thing..:hilarious: )
he is however WRONG......Lamb..food of the goods.
My fav meat.
.( sorry @ianpspurs ..once i saw the spurs tag, i knew your logic was likely to be flawed..;):D )

great day to you all
just about to start breakfast.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@dunelm, while @ianpspurs is on fire this morning..(nice works getting shania twain in there, and the Calc thing..:hilarious: )
My fav meat.
.( sorry @ianpspurs ..once i saw the spurs tag, i knew your logic was likely to be flawed..;):D )

great day to you all
Allan Lamb is about the only lamb worth knowing - Tim not so much. The cattle ranchers knew a thing or 2 https://truewestmagazine.com/conflict-on-the-range/ and our sheep and cattle farming Welsh relatives sell it but never eat it.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good morning. fbs back up to 8.8 this morning!:banghead: Off to visit mum soon before doing our voluntary work. Yesterday's meeting and visit with mum went well and I managed to take advantage of some of the birthday promotions during my brief shopping trip in town so an overall successful day. :happy: Best wishes to you all and virtual hugs to those who need them.:)

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You're doing incredibly well john with the impending eye treatment...a 7.1 with added stress is not bad at all...very best wishes the procedure goes swiftly & well tomorrow...give us an update when you can...regards to Sid & Trixie I'm sure they'll be ready with 'hugs' when you get home.
Thanks but Sidekick Sid and Trixie will do their usual of demanding that I sit on the floor with them and not caring one jot about my "fragile" state! Jacko used to run into my shins after I had surgery so I will expect no different treatment from these 2!!

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
My fav meat.

great day to you all

And look what I spotted in the butchers shop today - a whole Alan Lamb now squeezed into my freezer.

upload_2020-1-16_13-9-4.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
And look what I spotted in the butchers shop today - a whole Alan Lamb now squeezed into my freezer.

View attachment 37849
Looks good but with a proper cold store room you could have squeezed in his mate Beefy - grass fed like the original. Oh, and it is Allan Joseph if you would be so kind.
upload_2020-1-16_14-2-52.png

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes they do but not in 'bed' until well after midnight last night...I went to bed at 1am & could hear them playing with their ball tower...I may have to begin confiscating their 'toys' at night...I have the Beryl The Peril & Minnie The Minx of kittens;););)

If you let them sleep with you, do you think they would take the hint and snuggle up with Mummy?
Or would they run the Grand National up, over, down, and under your bed all night, with you as the major fence? ^. .^

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. Found non-consumed 500mg Metformin on my kitchen table.

So did my FBG test at 0600 with a little apprehension. No problemo. 5.8 mm0/lt.

Full English with small amount of baked beans awaits. Off to Wales bu car, so don't want to be hungry at the motorway services as they don't have diabetic food. Have a great day.

Full English ... off to Wales.
I realize that's sort of like saying "Full Cracker Barrel ... goin' to Carolina" ... but it just sounds so much more adventurous. Like George Borrow.
Safe journeying. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all from the land where being above sea level (just) qualifies as a hill https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shippea_Hill_railway_station. Driven past that many times. So, fbg of 5.3 - No, me neither Shania. 800 mls bulletproof tea ingested and all good. Definitely like bulletproof tea better than bp coffee - tried both yesterday for B and L- and the MCT Kerrygold version way better than the attempts with coconut ordinaire and President butter. Ketones seem to be upped >1.5 again yesterday so maybe keto flu after leaving the reservation a few times at Christmas. Have a great day I'm going to try to apply Matthew 22.1-14 to this WOE - not just about wearing the right kit apparently. (Best keep all my Fat Face and Superdry beanies and scarves, Nike running tops, Canterbury thermoreg tops etc though - just in case I misunderstood it:angelic:)

The first time I read through that passage I thought, Gee, that sounds scary! Then I thought, No, it just sounds like band tryouts, or an open casting call. Or football tryouts. Come -- be dressed out to play! Kinda like Ephesians 6:13-17 and
i22085.gif

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes they do but not in 'bed' until well after midnight last night...I went to bed at 1am & could hear them playing with their ball tower...I may have to begin confiscating their 'toys' at night...I have the Beryl The Peril & Minnie The Minx of kittens;););)
I think it might be worth changing the rules for nightime and removing their toys. How would they react I wonder to being placed in their bed and soothing them with strokes and whispers? Tbh I have raised two pairs of kittens and I have never known them not to sleep at night. If you have a downstairs loo or utility room could you place them in there with their litter tray at night? Your two do seem to be like Duracel bunnies ;)