Type 1'stars R Us

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Just had a cold, and too low, walk by the sea, and I realised our back garden’s a sheltered haven. Himindoors was definitely underdressed, even for a hardy bloke brought up at the shaper end of Scotland. Yes, I was low. I’m struggling to find the right basal at the mo, an adjustment of only 0.5 leaves me either to high or too low. Grrrrrr!!!
On a happy note, buds are swelling and bulbs have green leaves, even saw some daffs already flowering on a sheltered bank close to the sea: roll on proper Spring!

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I need your help T1 hive. We’re at last replacing the kitchen units. I was reluctant thinking they had a bit more life left in them but even sustainability expert younger daughter said ‘Get rid of them all!’ You’ve done your sustainable bit, she said, they’re OLD (I think she meant manky ).
I’m the one who’ll be organising it all. Decided on unit doors that are use now or repaint, and will have the lower lot sprayed a not white. Probably blue. It’s small and L shaped and the window faces north east so it needs to be light and cheerful but not chilling.
Suggestions? I’ve been looking at all the blue stuff in the house - there’s a waste paper bin that’s close, a small Turkish pot that’s a good blue, a tissue packet that’s a decent shade, but the nicest blue is an almost turquoise of a pair of knickers. Can I take the knickers to the store and ask them to match it . . . ?

Reactions: jackthejoker

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
So so sad that @therower’s been banned! He’s not the only one to suffer this fate - @Kimpossible too. ☹️ (Did her avatar have more or fewer capital letters?) we’re all skating on thin ice.

Reactions: porl69

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I think there’ve been examples of banter that’s been deemed unacceptable and we’re trying very hard to avoid that. The sharing of experiences, and the contact with T1s whose understanding is based on a common experience, is so useful that we don’t want to lose it.
I, for one, really valued the chance to laugh and let off steam.

post edited by moderator to remove quoted content in breach of the forum rules

Last edited by a moderator:

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Y
I need your help T1 hive. We’re at last replacing the kitchen units. I was reluctant thinking they had a bit more life left in them but even sustainability expert younger daughter said ‘Get rid of them all!’ You’ve done your sustainable bit, she said, they’re OLD (I think she meant manky ).
I’m the one who’ll be organising it all. Decided on unit doors that are use now or repaint, and will have the lower lot sprayed a not white. Probably blue. It’s small and L shaped and the window faces north east so it needs to be light and cheerful but not chilling.
Suggestions? I’ve been looking at all the blue stuff in the house - there’s a waste paper bin that’s close, a small Turkish pot that’s a good blue, a tissue packet that’s a decent shade, but the nicest blue is an almost turquoise of a pair of knickers. Can I take the knickers to the store and ask them to match it . . . ?
Yes. They can match anything.

Reactions: Fairygodmother

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Everyone,

This thread was briefly removed from view while a series of posts were edited or deleted because they broke the forum rules.

Encouraging divisions and ‘us and them’ thinking by criticising others is fundamentally against our forum ethos and is specifically mentioned as being unacceptable in our forum rules.

There is plenty of scope on the forum generally, and this thread specifically, for members to help, inform and support each other. Divisive and critical posts will be subject to moderation.

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Seriously Brunneria, the one good thing about this thread in particular was that we discussed other things other than Type 1. After all we are people who have diabetes and not diabetics. If all we ever discussed was type 1 the forum would become dry very quickly. Thats why this thread has been going so long.

post edited by moderator to remove content breaking the forum rules.

Reactions: porl69

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Seriously Brunneria, the one good thing about this thread in particular was that we discussed other things other than Type 1. After all we are people who have diabetes and not diabetics. If all we ever discussed was type 1 the forum would become dry very quickly. Thats why this thread has been going so long.

post edited by moderator to remove content breaking the forum rules.

Yup
That is why this forum, and the friendly supportive threads on it, are so helpful to members of all kinds. Newly diagnosed, or diagnosed decades ago, we can all benefit from the helpful, constructive and supportive interactions on here.

And that is also why the moderation team steps in to remove negative, critical, divisive posts.

Fortunately, this thread can continue to benefit and support members, discussing a whole range of subjects. Hopefully it will continue to run for those who wish to contribute in the spirit of the forum ethos.

Molly56

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
@Fairygodmother .....good to see you around again....hope you are keeping well.....good luck with the kitchen renovation and just one small suggestion from me.....it may be best to take them in your handbag! :wideyed:.....

smc4761

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yup
That is why this forum, and the friendly supportive threads on it, are so helpful to members of all kinds. Newly diagnosed, or diagnosed decades ago, we can all benefit from the helpful, constructive and supportive interactions on here.

And that is also why the moderation team steps in to remove negative, critical, divisive posts.

Fortunately, this thread can continue to benefit and support members, discussing a whole range of subjects. Hopefully it will continue to run for those who wish to contribute in the spirit of the forum ethos.

Thank you for your generic reply.

This thread in particular is never abusive /threatening, in fact one of the few threads that is very friendly, used by a hardcore of about 20 "friends".

post edited by moderator, to remove content against the forum rules.

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
if you can keep a straight face and good composure i don't see why not if you do they have to oblige.

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
@Fairygodmother .....good to see you around again....hope you are keeping well.....good luck with the kitchen renovation and just one small suggestion from me.....it may be best to take them in your handbag! :wideyed:.....
I might just take a photo, close up, for colour, no indication of source material.
I’d like to gradually decorate the units with folk art (ish) paintings but that’s probably over ambitious. Who knows what might happen if I were low while painting

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
So so sad that @therower’s been banned! He’s not the only one to suffer this fate - @Kimpossible too. ☹️ (Did her avatar have more or fewer capital letters?) we’re all skating on thin ice.
I've been hiding under a rock (ie exhaustion from being back at work) and missed the posting drama. I will miss @therower's posts. I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Just had a cold, and too low, walk by the sea, and I realised our back garden’s a sheltered haven. Himindoors was definitely underdressed, even for a hardy bloke brought up at the shaper end of Scotland. Yes, I was low. I’m struggling to find the right basal at the mo, an adjustment of only 0.5 leaves me either to high or too low. Grrrrrr!!!
On a happy note, buds are swelling and bulbs have green leaves, even saw some daffs already flowering on a sheltered bank close to the sea: roll on proper Spring!

I do like the winter, but the dark wet, windy times have been so awful, roll on sunnier times, everywhere.
I bought a small bunch of daffs on Friday and they started to open up sometime last night.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I might just take a photo, close up, for colour, no indication of source material.
I’d like to gradually decorate the units with folk art (ish) paintings but that’s probably over ambitious. Who knows what might happen if I were low while painting

What about a colour paint chart as they have many different shades.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I've been hiding under a rock (ie exhaustion from being back at work) and missed the posting drama. I will miss @therower's posts. I hope everyone had a great weekend.

I feel like hiding under a rock after today's sad revelations.
Take care

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Kim Possible, @LooperCat I think it's beyond sad that you're both leaving. I for one have benefited from the experience and knowledge, plus wit, humour and inspiration you've shared on this forum. I do so wish you'd stay, if only on this thread, but I get your reasons for leaving. I'm also very sad @therower's been banned, plus all the others you mentioned Kim who aren't here any more. I've posted nothing for a while for various reasons, but I'll be making an effort for a while as I think this is such a great thread it'd be a real shame to see it disappear.

Good luck in all you do to those who are choosing to go, and thanks xxx