Type 1'stars R Us

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
ah ok i'm using the caresens dual and it's the best iv'e ever used it tests BG and and ketones no more peeing on sticks it kinda makes me want to keep checking my BG for a huge change

Caresens Dual here as well. I was handed a Glucomen LX meter which did both bloods and ketones (when the hospital got hold of me and changed my diagnosis from T2 to LADA and got me on insulin before they'd let me out of the clinic at my first appointment) but it's since been discontinued. I also have a Tee2, which is from the same people who make the Caresens and have found their customer service to be excellent.

Reactions: chris85 type 1

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Eek! How long until you can get to the right train?
Now on a slow train heading in the right direction but it’ll be another 40 mins before I get home. I’m an idiot.

Reactions: Marie 2

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Got this beauty today! :)

Attachments

• Webp.net-resizeimage.png
    Webp.net-resizeimage.png
    324.1 KB · Views: 271

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends, 11.0, not shabby tbh from a kebab last night. Site change today and I didn’t see my previous site and I stuck the new stick about an inch from it, now I’m worried about lipo wotsits :(
Kebabs my fave mei and ive got to say my bloods are great when i have one 4 1/2 units and good to go

Reactions: MeiChanski

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Caresens Dual here as well. I was handed a Glucomen LX meter which did both bloods and ketones (when the hospital got hold of me and changed my diagnosis from T2 to LADA and got me on insulin before they'd let me out of the clinic at my first appointment) but it's since been discontinued. I also have a Tee2, which is from the same people who make the Caresens and have found their customer service to be excellent.
yeah i'm considering joining up to there online pharmacy i'll look into the Tee2

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Finally they are back to working on the room putting shelving up. The handy man was busy with his regular job this last month. Crossing my fingers he doesn't get called in for a couple of days! We have the stuff to go in that room piled into another room and we need to get a sofa couch in there, but can't until stuff is back into it's room.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
yeah i'm considering joining up to there online pharmacy i'll look into the Tee2

Tee2's bloods only, but it is a great back up meter and the strips are a reasonable price. (I'm quite happy getting a few boxes every few months and my GP's happy for me to have a box of strips for it on prescription every couple of months, as he knows what I use it for.) For me, it reads higher at the higher end of the scale than the Caresens Dual but nothing to pick and choose for readings under 10.

Last edited:
Reactions: chris85 type 1

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Japes i just signed up for spirit health care pharmacy let's see how that goes if it works it will make my life easier as my current pharmacy has changed how they work and i don't like it much at all

Reactions: Japes

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello friends, I got back from the meet up and @Juicyj and @Jaylee are very sweet and welcoming. I think everyone that attended is now my best friend

Thank you so much for coming along - brilliant to meet you and @Jaylee, what an incredible bunch of t1 superheroes, such a lovely group. Hope Jay got home ok as he won the award for the most travelled this evening :)

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Now on a slow train heading in the right direction but it’ll be another 40 mins before I get home. I’m an idiot.

Your not an idiot, your a woman juggling multiple balls, that makes you pretty darn clever IMO.

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
oops my BG is at 10.0 i knew that chocolate, mouse and caramel with extra chocolate sauce was a bad idea but it was the best thing iv'e tasted since i was in hospital it was worth it :greedy::greedy:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends, I got back from the meet up and @Juicyj and @Jaylee are very sweet and welcoming. I think everyone that attended is now my best friend
emoji23.png

It was fantastic to finally meet up with you @MeiChanski . Now change that "Southpark" avatar. It don't do you justice. :)

Thank you so much for coming along - brilliant to meet you and @Jaylee, what an incredible bunch of t1 superheroes, such a lovely group. Hope Jay got home ok as he won the award for the most travelled this evening :)

It was great chatting to you. If I retain my licence? It has to be done again. Yep I got home OK. Single lane southbound on the M5 with a fair bit of freight to still contend with. A little more shenangins with cones hitting the M4 East. Then fog as I hit the turn off for Bath..

Lol, I felt Waitrose treated you like a queen with all that free stuff on the way out... :D

As you know whilst comparing readings I started the evening at 4.6? Then stayed around 6.5 after a 5g fix..

Oddly I stayed above 5 on the journey home. Getting in. Found this..
Just to add my basal should have tailed of by about 22.00hours.. Seems like a "gig night" profile? Without the jumping about.

image.jpeg

I also wasn't kidding when I said I had that NEO 2.1 system with the 15" sub in the back of my van! ;)

image.jpeg

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh Mel’s cat, I’m on the wrong train.

Time for a musical interlude....

If it's also any consolation. I once got lost finding my way to the stage at a gig in a massive German ex post office hub.
Next to a major rail network line. Ironically enough..

Last edited: