1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Kebabs my fave mei and ive got to say my bloods are great when i have one 4 1/2 units and good to go

• Like Like x 1
  2. chris85 type 1

chris85 type 1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

yeah i'm considering joining up to there online pharmacy i'll look into the Tee2

3. Marie 2

Marie 2 LADA · Well-Known Member

Finally they are back to working on the room putting shelving up. The handy man was busy with his regular job this last month. Crossing my fingers he doesn't get called in for a couple of days! We have the stuff to go in that room piled into another room and we need to get a sofa couch in there, but can't until stuff is back into it's room.

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Hug Hug x 2
  4. Japes

Japes LADA · Well-Known Member

Tee2's bloods only, but it is a great back up meter and the strips are a reasonable price. (I'm quite happy getting a few boxes every few months and my GP's happy for me to have a box of strips for it on prescription every couple of months, as he knows what I use it for.) For me, it reads higher at the higher end of the scale than the Caresens Dual but nothing to pick and choose for readings under 10.

• Like Like x 1
    #25044 Japes, Jan 23, 2020 at 9:48 PM
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
  5. chris85 type 1

Weird we both had gluco models before we got a dual. Which do you think is better the dual or Tee2 ?? 20200123_214716.jpeg

6. chris85 type 1

@Japes i just signed up for spirit health care pharmacy let's see how that goes if it works it will make my life easier as my current pharmacy has changed how they work and i don't like it much at all

• Like Like x 1
  7. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hello friends, I got back from the meet up and @Juicyj and @Jaylee are very sweet and welcoming. I think everyone that attended is now my best friend

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Japes

Japes LADA · Well-Known Member

Dual definitely better for me because it does both bloods and ketones, plus I'm sure it's more accurate than the Tee2 especially in the higher range. But, like I said, Tee2's a great back up meter.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Thank you so much for coming along - brilliant to meet you and @Jaylee, what an incredible bunch of t1 superheroes, such a lovely group. Hope Jay got home ok as he won the award for the most travelled this evening :)

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. chris85 type 1

got to admit that is awesome

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Juicyj

Juicyj Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Your not an idiot, your a woman juggling multiple balls, that makes you pretty darn clever IMO.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  12. chris85 type 1

oops my BG is at 10.0 i knew that chocolate, mouse and caramel with extra chocolate sauce was a bad idea but it was the best thing iv'e tasted since i was in hospital it was worth it :greedy::greedy:

13. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Master
    Retired Moderator

It was fantastic to finally meet up with you @MeiChanski . Now change that "Southpark" avatar. It don't do you justice. :)

It was great chatting to you. If I retain my licence? It has to be done again. Yep I got home OK. Single lane southbound on the M5 with a fair bit of freight to still contend with. A little more shenangins with cones hitting the M4 East. Then fog as I hit the turn off for Bath..

Lol, I felt Waitrose treated you like a queen with all that free stuff on the way out... :D

As you know whilst comparing readings I started the evening at 4.6? Then stayed around 6.5 after a 5g fix..

Oddly I stayed above 5 on the journey home. Getting in. Found this..
    Just to add my basal should have tailed of by about 22.00hours.. Seems like a "gig night" profile? Without the jumping about.

image.jpeg

I also wasn't kidding when I said I had that NEO 2.1 system with the 15" sub in the back of my van! ;)

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Master
    Retired Moderator

Time for a musical interlude....

If it's also any consolation. I once got lost finding my way to the stage at a gig in a massive German ex post office hub.
    Next to a major rail network line. Ironically enough..

• Funny Funny x 2
    #25054 Jaylee, Jan 24, 2020 at 12:14 AM
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  15. MeiChanski

@Jaylee Is my profile pic not to your standards? I’m glad you got home okay. @Juicyj wow, was it food and goodies? Did you manage to recover from 14.4?

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. MeiChanski

Btw I bought a vegan salad from Waitrose and it wasn’t worth the money. Like I got three small pieces of butternut squash

• Hug Hug x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Master
    Retired Moderator

Lol, @Juicyj was given flowers like a prom queen.. :D If also felt she deserved it..

Oddly, I was toying with the the offerings on sushi?. Love the stuff...
    Glad I didn't.

• Like Like x 2
    #25057 Jaylee, Jan 24, 2020 at 1:27 AM
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  18. urbanracer

urbanracer Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

On the ground in the Philippines. Just about to go out looking for lancets because I let my brother-in-law use my kit to check his blood sugar before I realised it was the last lancet in the cassette and I haven't packed any in the suitcase. What a numpty.

T1 - seems like there's always something!

• Hug Hug x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Master
    Retired Moderator

Now that reiminds me back to the first time I left home in the. 80s HIV & all that... (Lol, it was time I had to go..) The only advice I got from my mum with any sort of inpaling device.. (it wasnt't all about using a condom.)

If your unfamiliar with using classic lancets, I can help you. I'm adept at driving the yellow ones home by hand.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

When I do my privately blood tests, fro my time to time, they always send 2 lancing devices. They are brutal. Brutal. I know those tests require a larger sample than our standard finger prick test, but..... if I could find an image, I'd send it, so you'd know what to avoid.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook