1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. smc4761

smc4761 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi @slip right on cue it has sneeked up, but only slightly, now at BG 7.1, but still happy with that:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

prynhawn da :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hello friends, just popping in to say hello. Diabetes has been okay and I’m still waking on ever so slightly high. DAFNE session today and we’ve come to a conclusion that I should only correct bg levels above 12. Due to my sensitivity, insulin will push me to a hypo if I correct a 9 or a 10, which has happened. But CGM funding has been approved, so another month or so before I see it in person. They have to order it and fit me into an appointment :) I don’t know which one, it could be Medtronic or Dexcom, who knows.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Just ordered my first Friends&Family Libres - I love my niece!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Japes

Japes LADA · Well-Known Member

Waves at everyone before I go to subside in a heap after a very long day!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Marie 2

Marie 2 LADA · Well-Known Member

.......Hello everyone! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. MeiChanski

I had the longest nap and now I’m slightly awake. BG slowly shooting up from a low carb dinner 6.5 to 10.7. Lately low carb hasn’t been working well, I know I have to factor in protein but I’ll make the nurses scream next week if I inject for protein. I already got the nicest passive aggressive message from them to “stop confusing everyone”. I still think protein raises my blood sugar though. *shrugs* I was also told off in the most gentle way possible for reading Pumping insulin by John walsh. Possibly basal needs another increase - either I’m growing my winter body or infection is still lurking around.

• Hug Hug x 1
  8. MeiChanski

I’m still not quite convinced about the pump. Another DAFNE member sitting next to me is on a pump and his blood sugars creeped from 7.4 to 21.0 and he kept trying to correct. You can say I panicked for him and jokingly said that banana he had for breakfast was not worth it. So for him it was probably a dodgy site because he said he changed his site yesterday. Despite he was running high, he said I’d love the pump.

9. Marie 2

Marie 2 LADA · Well-Known Member

You do have site failures, it's just the way it is with pumps. I have an Omnipod and I change it out much quicker nowadays when I am suspicious. It does not happen often. The benefits are being able to adjust our basal level for different times of the day. In your case you might benefit from say a temp decrease when you are busy at work. Plus giving yourself corrective bolus doses will also be easier. It's just a push of a button and it's delivered. With a CGM combo it's really great because you can see that .5 a little too high number and easily give yourself an adjustment.

It does become something you start to pay a lot more attention to, not so easy to ignore!

• Like Like x 2
  10. sportyboston

sportyboston Type 1 · Well-Known Member

At least you can garden!(I’m jealous) we are in a drought and my garden is dead, my lawn is now just dirt.

• Hug Hug x 3
  11. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Good morning everyone have a good day.cant believe its the weekend again where has the week gone

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. MeiChanski

Afternoon friends,
    Happy friday :) Diabetes was good this morning at 7.6 but now I’m running high despite double whammy bolus. I even timed it 10 mins earlier. My consultant is gonna have a nice lecture on Monday about it. Avoiding carbs is ever so mildy helping but blood glucose creeps up slowly, carbs are making it worse but I love bananas and insulin resistance is giggling away.

13. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Good aftermorning all

@MeiChanski congrats on getting funding for a CGM. What you have to remember while pumping is that you have no Basal insulin so if you have a dodgy site or a blockage then your BGs while rise REALLY quickly. I am now going to be pushing my DSN for the CGM to go with my 640G :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. MeiChanski

Thank you, best of luck to you. You are definitely not convincing me the guy who sat next to me really pushed my anxiety up, as I was watching him creep up from 14.5 to 21.0. He was so calm about it, I’m like nuhuh, I’d scream and do another site change.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. MeiChanski

Well I was completely wrong, pump start and CGM appointment is all set a week apart in January 2020. So from 17th - 31st and after 31st I’ll be in full gear.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning. Not long woken up after my not-very-eventful nightshift. Been having a run of collecting type twos who aren’t in a very good way due to co-morbidities this week.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

Good morning everyone enjoy your weekend

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. MeiChanski

Hello friends,

Another busy work day. Yesterday was busy and not very nice, I was told by a guest that I was rude because I gave plates of food to his family incorrectly. But he didn’t take into account that I’m short with short arms and legs and there was no way of me reaching his daughter in the middle of a six person table without the plate slipping out of my hand. So ya girl had to cut corners and her dad didn’t like it. I had no intention of being rude, what was worse that the wife and auntie knew they had to leave before 20:30 but they didn’t back me back up and just let the husband man have a go at me.

But anyway, BG a bit high at 14.6, it was either kebab or diabetes being naughty.

• Hug Hug x 5
  19. ert

ert Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I hope everyone is having a great Saturday. I've had a second sleepless night due to alarms saying falsely that I'm too high or hyp0ing badly when my blood sugars have been a stable 5. I even got a false reading of 1.5 during the night on Glimp, even after entering calibrations earlier. I think this current sensor has gone a little crazy. Well, more than a little crazy.

• Hug Hug x 2
  20. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Master
    Retired Moderator

Hi,

I'm having a great day, thanks for asking.. Awoke at 4.8. & something in the post which has brought crimbo forward & warmed these winter months..
    "A generous benefactor Mr Cratchet, indeed!"

Hmmm, something in the air with the sensor?

I use Glimp & fitted a new sensor Thursday night? I've also been getting some manic inconsistent vertical zig zag readings within the first 16/18 hours of use on this one... (Most the time they're OK after the initial breaking in period?)
    I've noticed they normally go on the skit towards the end of the 14 day life? Though, I have managed to squeeze an extra 6/8 hours of consistency with some sensors..

When it's right. It's bang on within 0.2 of my meter..

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook