What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think that you wouldn't have liked my dinner yesterday. Beefburger covered in melted cheese with mushrooms and asparagus, followed by Montezuma and a coffee and cream.

I have a mini blowtorch that I love using to melt the cheese. So far I haven't set fire to the kitchen - but husband is taking no chances and has installed a fire extinguisher and fire blanket by the blowtorch.
Only the Montezuma wrong with that. I don't mind cheese atop burgers just don't put cheese and cream where they don't belong. For choice I would have bulletproof tea (who spotted the inconsistency?) over CWC but chaque un and all that. At least you didn't add yum/yummo or other nonsense. Have a great day
Edit: Actually, after a meal Sencha tea rather than bulletproof so no inconsistency.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 7.1 at 5am

I had to drive back in the fog and dark last night. Had not eaten since my nuts at 6am yesterday (those nuts can keep me going all day) (and the place where I been going to eat had a kitchen malfunction and were only doing sandwiches, so I didn't eat knowing my reaction to bread), so I knew I might overeat when I got home because I was tired, and so I bought battered fish (a place which only uses fresh fish on the way home, and ate it in the car watching You Tube! Then drove the rest of the way home. It was a sensible thing to do because I was not tired now.

Barricaded the cat flap when I got home. And went to bed with cat. When I got up this morning to paint, cat asked for barricade to be removed and went hunting for mice. He came in and declined the tinned cat food...and proceeded to attack my arm (I have a thick jumper on) ...he was still in full hunting mode, honing his skills, and then stared at my sliced roast beef ((I had a couple of slices with my nuts this morning)....of course I gave in and he ate some.

Cat is asleep now...

So my painting is a bit different today.
What happened was I had some left over acrylic paints in sealed containers. I always squeeze too much out. So, I primed the next few pages of my sketch book with these colours, mostly dark colours, ready to do a painting on later. I was just squishing the paint on, some pages a bit more watery than others.

But when I looked at the first one, there was suggestions of something already in the paint.

For awhile now I have been wanting to pant those dark shadowy nightmares, and the shadows you see before you go to sleep moving around your bedroom...

I did try photographing them from my bed, but all my phone camera gives me is blackness, which is pretty obvious really...

So, I have a pair of small curved sewing scissors. By the way, that lady's face was already there, and I just scratched a little more away. She was holding an animal, and so I made that a cat's face. Then I used a chalk pen and added a little lightness to the path and in between the trees.

It took me just over an hour.

AD3691F6-29E5-47A7-A1A3-747E424442A4.jpeg

You can see whatever you want within it....

Happy Friday
Hugs for those who need them
Take care

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from the county formally part of North Humber Land and a triding of tessellated wapentakes.

The wonder wheel of butter chicken and an interesting cheese board slid in at 4.4 this a.m.

lots of talk about clocks. We have a Westclox flip clock in one of our bedrooms, not in ours though, it makes a right racket and proof positive, according to Mrs Miggins, that my partial deafness is subjective, and something else I didn't quite get. Still keeps good time but probably not as accurately as the radio controlled one in the kitchen. Accurate to within half a flap of a hummingbirds wing over 200m.

Have a great day if you can and Bon Weekend if you are not still shackled to the treadmill of work. Hugs for those who are.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Very quick morening all, another day of hither and too.
I am hoping tomorrow will be more relaxing.
A 6.3 today.
I wish you all well and now must dash, with little time for dots.
Footnote other fore's available from all good dictionaries.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. 5.7 here snap @PenguinMum it looks like things might be getting back to normal with you. Keeping fingers crossed.
@gennepher I love today’s picture. I can’t see a lady or cat, I see a small dark door in a forest glade. I could look at it for hours.
Just seen my wellie is in the middle of the floor in sitting room again ( yep the cream carpet!) so off so see what else D has dragged in there.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning with a 5.8 for me today.

@gennepher very ghostly, at first I did not see your description of the work of art, I saw the face of a rather sinister cat. Liked the atmosphere you captured.

@dunelm we purchased a radio controlled clock for MIL before her Alzheimer's really got hold. She threw it in the bin because she claimed it was broken. Reason was she had tried to put it forward a hour when the clocks changed and it kept reverting back. :)

A day of mixed emotions for me, funeral of an Aunty and poem reading, then tonight off to my sons for dinner with all the family and grandchildren. Exits and beginnings of life, how time flies.

Strive to leave your mark on the world today no matter how small.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Only the Montezuma wrong with that. I don't mind cheese atop burgers just don't put cheese and cream where they don't belong. For choice I would have bulletproof tea (who spotted the inconsistency?) over CWC but chaque un and all that. At least you didn't add yum/yummo or other nonsense. Have a great day
Yes - I agree that melted cheese on top of a a Beefburger goes really well.

When I am out I also often choose New York Chicken. Melted cheese over a slice of bacon on top of chicken. I have it minus the barbecue sauce with a green salad. I am sure it tastes even more amazing with the barbecue sauce but it still tastes good to me.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...had a great weekend including a whole day off posting on any kind of social media...Saturday went by so quickly meeting up with old friends & family at the christening...great food which I took full advantage of no testing yesterday no point...Sunday was a lazy day spent writing thanks U's watching classic films catching up & lounging around...it's freezing here coffee downed then off to get ready must get some logs for the fire & collect prescription...kittens looked after brilliantly by Liv she fed them brushed them & indulged them ...this morning woke to a not surprising 6.6
I'm finding Twitter more and more addictive! Great platform though. Sounds like you had a fab weekend. Classic films are the best.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes - I agree that melted cheese on top of a a Beefburger goes really well.

When I am out I also often choose New York Chicken. Melted cheese over a slice of bacon on top of chicken. I have it minus the barbecue sauce with a green salad. I am sure it tastes even more amazing with the barbecue sauce but it still tastes good to me.
That chicken has mileage. We have a much loved LC barbeque sauce recipe so may give it a go. I am on the hunt for a really good posh chicken but would prefer to keep that whole. Again, "tastes good to me" is acceptable, you are a well bred young gel.:angelic:

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh @gennepher that lady cuddling the cat could be me on the nights I have nightmares sitting in the shadows. How clever of you to capture that feeling. That has really touched me. You are brilliant.

Reactions: jjraak

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.3 today

just a quiet day today I think after being out all day yesterday, perhaps a walk by the sea and getting some bits in the house done.

This weekend's Sunday lunch is already decided, Mum is cooking haggis, it's 'Burns night' tomorrow but we'll be having our haggis for Sunday lunch :) I must think of a light weight pudding to follow, lemon cream mousse or something perhaps ;)

Hope your day treats you well :)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...still in lazy 'holiday' mode spent much of yesterday watching old episodes of the Good Wife...the day before watched the Good fight all day mostly...working next week so hopefully back to a little more routine...a busy weekend planned so much to do here if it takes my fancy I may start today...we shall see...Charlie & Lola back at Wood Green on Sunday as they were in such poor condition when found they want to see their progress...I'm hoping it will be positive...one coffee in another planned...woke to a 6.3

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thats contentment for you! Hope you’re having a great time and have you had the brown soda bread yet? Its a mermaid to sailors believe me.

Brown soda bread toasted and smothered in butter for breakfast PM. Bloods 4.7 at10.30, didn’t realise it was that late.
A walk around Sligo town this morning, then on to Strandhill, have a lovely day all.

Reactions: HarryBeau

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh @gennepher that lady cuddling the cat could be me on the nights I have nightmares sitting in the shadows. How clever of you to capture that feeling. That has really touched me. You are brilliant.

Thanks for the compliments @PenguinMum
I have wanted to do these kind of paintings for a long time. It is a painting that can't be forced...it has to emerge.
I have seen those shadows since childhood. I suppose we all have them...

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.

a lazy day once again..but brightened up by day TWO in McGarrett Plains..:D

with a whooping and hollering 5.5 being issued from my personal guestimator

A high mileage model indeed, but it's Not a diesel..it's the E version T2Di,...

0-6 mmols in 5 seconds...AND 5 days charge from a litre of blood..

(well so it seems some days, the amount of blood that CAN come out at times
V the other times when it's stab, stab, stab until i draw any :rolleyes:)

Dithering about just WHAT to do today..much on the to do list,
just can't be 'bottomed'..(haha censor ;) )

am out on Sunday for meet up and drinks, so maybe today take the car to the car wash,
and watch the rivulets of water trickle down the windscreen, while wishing i was tucking
into to some of that soda bread.. @trick60 was having..mmhh.

@HarryBeau ..them cats is living the life of riley..you got no worries.
bestest looked after cats in the cat Kingdom..Probably.:D

liking the planning for when the weather breaks @dunelm :happy:

@Muddy Cyclist , bets wishes for the day going as smooth as these things can.

@geefull , liking the burns night meal..enjoy

and @gennepher i can see the lady and cat..but if i don't look hard at it, the cat is a Huge mouse..:woot:

enjoy the day all.
and don't get too Pettifogged, by the smaller details..

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
.them cats is living the life of riley..you got no worries.
bestest looked after cats in the cat Kingdom..Probably
Hmmn we shall see...I'm hoping Charlie won't stick his head in the coal basket just before we leave for the appointment...I'll get Liv in to give them a wash brush & a polish before we go;)

Reactions: Krystyna23040