New HbA1c

newbie2019

I have some good news to share! I was diagnosed in September last year with a HbA1c of 59, and my latest result is out with HbA1c of 42! I have made some drastic changes to my lifestyle, especially eating habits. I now consume far less carbs than I used to, and exercise regularly. I am hoping things will get better with time.

I would like to thank you all very much for your help and support! I don't think I would have achieved this without the advice I received on this forum!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Congratulations that’s excellent news. Well done on taking charge of your own health and making changes that have made a great difference to your blood glucose results , you’re almost in the normal range only one tiny point to get out of pre diabetic range and already well clear of diabetic range - just a bit more carrying on in the same direction! Well done you. X

Reactions: newbie2019

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That's brilliant news. A big reduction and in a few weeks. You have regained control of your health. Taken control of t2d. You should be extremely proud. Hard word but so worth it.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Excellent, well done!
I have some good news to share! I was diagnosed in September last year with a HbA1c of 59, and my latest result is out with HbA1c of 42! I have made some drastic changes to my lifestyle, especially eating habits. I now consume far less carbs than I used to, and exercise regularly. I am hoping things will get better with time.

I would like to thank you all very much for your help and support! I don't think I would have achieved this without the advice I received on this forum!

tayelola

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's one thing to be advised and another thing to heed the advice. Congratulations @newbie2019 for your achievement within such a short time. Keep it up.