Treatment type
Insulin
I take back what I said, my next calibration is at 03:22, I’m internally crying

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My BG is now 4.1 i think i'm going to hypo but it's weird earlier today i was at 5.1 and that felt like a hypo ??

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My BG is now 4.1 i think i'm going to hypo but it's weird earlier today i was at 5.1 and that felt like a hypo ??
probably because iv'e taken a total of 67 units of novoslow instead of the usual average of around 44 units guess i'll just keep watching Vietnam documentaries

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Not sure if it's the heat here in the Philippines or the change in diet (although I haven't exactly ignored the Filipino custom of eating your own weight in rice everyday) but awoke this morning feeling awful and blood sugars down to 3.3.

Being hypo on waking has never happened to me in the UK and last time I was here in the Philippines I was still using 25Mix. So may have to back off on the insulin a little

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not sure if it's the heat here in the Philippines or the change in diet (although I haven't exactly ignored the Filipino custom of eating your own weight in rice everyday) but awoke this morning feeling awful and blood sugars down to 3.3.

Being hypo on waking has never happened to me in the UK and last time I was here in the Philippines I was still using 25Mix. So may have to back off on the insulin a little

My money is on the weather, are you walking around a lot too? Sight seeing? Philippines has a lot of lovely sweet desserts etc if your hypo self is interested. Did you manage to solve the lancet shortage? I hope you are feeling better.

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
My money is on the weather, are you walking around a lot too? Sight seeing? Philippines has a lot of lovely sweet desserts etc if your hypo self is interested. Did you manage to solve the lancet shortage? I hope you are feeling better.

Lancet issue not resolved. We are in a rural area where even branches of larger chains like Mercury Drugstore and Watson don't keep stock and answered 'no' when I asked if they could order them.

We will be heading back towards Manila in a few days time so will try again when we get there. So have disinfected lancet as best I can with alcohol and am carrying on regardless.

Haven't been walking around much really, sightseeing starts next week. At the moment we are mostly spending time with the wife's rellies who all want to meet the bloke from the UK.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I can't eat rice very easily, that's one thing I have trouble with dosing for. My BG's would be all over the place since it's such a staple over there.
I never get the dosing right for rice i drop first then rise about 4/5hours later i do split the dose but like i say very rarely get it right so only have it occasionally .

Reactions: Marie 2

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Good morning everybody hope you have a great weekend. And once again i wake up to a BG of 16.2 i'm getting tired and fed up with this

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi Urb,

Hope yer enjoying your time traveling..
Yep, certain hot climates I tend to lower my basal dose by 1u.. (Maybe 2?) it heightens my insulin sensitivity.

That said. Just woke with a 2.8er this morning. Though the sensor suggested a little lower. Alcohol last night+Saturday. So possibly no DP or foot on floor..

Though today, I will mostly be replacing the flooring in the conservatory..

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, woke on 5.6, I'll take that thanks. Went to pick up my spare specs yesterday and the furniture shop next door has a sale on. I need a new bed so thought I'd see what they had. Lay down and got up a few times, lay on my side, and whoa! balance shot. Obviously labyrinthitis is still going strong. Took some time to feel steady enough to walk,bed buying postponed, headed back to the car, thought I felt weird as well as unbalanced - yep, hypo as well. Not the best afternoon I've ever had...

Hope you've all got good things planned for the weekend, even if we're not all sunning ourselves in the Philippines..not envious...not a bit...;)

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I can't eat rice very easily, that's one thing I have trouble with dosing for. My BG's would be all over the place since it's such a staple over there.

Again, I don't know if it's the heat but I am not struggling with rice, the same way I do in the UK.

I usually go high anything up to 5hrs after eating but it doesn't seem to be happening here.

chris85 type 1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sounds like she's a good'un if she managed to make you tell more than you're comfortable with, that's what the best of them do! Being pretty is nice too. Way more easy to open up to a pretty person than to an ugly old toad (no offence to toads, I quite like them and always seem to rescue them from precarious situations!)
to me a person is a person

Reactions: Antje77

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hope you've all got good things planned for the weekend, even if we're not all sunning ourselves in the Philippines..not envious...not a bit...;)

It's not exactly wall to wall sunshine. We're reasonably close to a mountain range so weather is very changeable. Had a nice tropical rainstorm overnight and into the morning.

I don't have a religious bone in my body but a priest came and blessed the rellies new house this morning. Went around the whole house sprinkling holy water everywhere. After he left the sun came out and it's a beautiful afternoon here in Tabayas. Coincidence? I'm almost converted!!

Reactions: porl69 and Marie 2
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Sounds like she's a good'un if she managed to make you tell more than you're comfortable with, that's what the best of them do! Being pretty is nice too. Way more easy to open up to a pretty person than to an ugly old toad (no offence to toads, I quite like them and always seem to rescue them from precarious situations!)

It's those people who go the extra mile, that can make such a difference :)