1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 1'stars R Us

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by Robinredbreast, Jun 10, 2018.

1. MeiChanski

MeiChanski Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Finding two obnoxious Christmas jumpers for work is proving difficult. I don’t own a christmas jumper but I’m looking for the funny obnoxious type. Tonight I got pizza insulin to carb ratio correct and I’m rather happy sitting at 5.6. Anyone blasting their wallets on Black Friday sales?

2. karen8967

karen8967 Type 1 · Expert

FB_IMG_1573807922853.jpg

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Just popped in to say "Hi, happy Friday", fairly busy at work at the mo so unlikely to be posting much. BGs are just about steady at a reasonable level.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. porl69

porl69 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Good(?) morning

@smc4761 normal is a long way away at the moment but thank you for your concern :)
    Just about to give my chest consultant a call to see when I can get into see him. Chest is tight again and breathing in the night is hard work. T1D can go do one, really had enough of your bull this week.......

• Hug Hug x 6
  5. LooperCat

LooperCat Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning chaps, been a bit too busy for farting around on the Internet this week, not much to report. BGs good, shift work manageable but tiring. Back to bed now...

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. slip

slip Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I wasn't expecting to get any 'Winner' ratings for what I posted I can only think they're for my comment about not posting much.........thanks guys! :arghh::D

• Hug Hug x 1
  7. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Christmas shopping done! Ok not totally still have to get the list of stuff my husband wants (apparently he knows just not told me). And then the food closer to the time....

• Like Like x 2
  8. porl69

From me it was the "steady reasonable level bloods" :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. karen8967

well as from 11th of december i shall be pumping nurse said after xmas but got a letter today to say 11th excited but nervous :happy:

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. MeiChanski

Hello friends,

A bit high again this morning - 12.6. Christmas shopping is almost complete, one more item for bf’s mum and I’m done. Black friday sales got the best of my bf and I, we got a lot of boxes to recycle and we spent far too much that we anticipated but we were ready. We both got matching computer cases and coolers with RGB ;) so that’s our Christmas gifts to each other. Back to saving now :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. porl69

You will love it Karen. The nerves will quickly go when you see how easy it is.......if I can get to grips with it, then anyone can

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. therower

therower Type 1 · Well-Known Member

@slip. Hey bro. I gave you a winner rating because the one you had looked a bit lonely on its own.:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. karen8967

thanks porl69 x

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  14. becca59

becca59 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Morning from Tenerife! -3 when we left UK yesterday, 30 when we landed Blood glucose took a dive will have to drastically cut back the insulin today. Probably not helped by the Prosecco and wine. Happy though!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. karen8967

Good morning everyone had a night of extended low.woke to a 2.3 checked with fingerprick i had been hypo from 3am and didnt wake up till 6.45 treated with jelly babies and digestive and now 5.6 so alls well,have a great weekend everyone

• Hug Hug x 5
  16. Japes

Japes LADA · Well-Known Member

Morning all! Winter basal rates employed as of last night after it dawned on me this might help... and it did.

Having a rare sociable Saturday later but right now I am also enjoying some old photos of my granddad and his brothers. My grandad died in the 70s in his 50s but the last brother died in his late 90s this week. Time to dig out the family tree to start properly updating as it's been about 15 years since I last did any.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Mother in law visiting and child performing at a dance thing today. It can go two ways - I’m too busy to be on here or I’m seeking refuge on here.
    6.7 this morning.

• Hug Hug x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Jaylee

Jaylee Type 1 · Master
    Retired Moderator

Good morning.

Got a little drunk last night ordering some new music gear online. Next day delivery.
    Long story. Looking for some lighter kit. (I'm basically my own "roadie.")

Lucky for me I stopped before doing something stupid. Though I suspect I forgot my basal..?
    Not sure. The pen looks like it's been used. Woke at 12.0. Hmmm, corrected that.

Either way. I was out of it when my wife got back late from a work's thing..

Oddly enough, I have one later in town with some of the lads.

It could get loud & messy later.. & I'm not talking about the new gear & packaging.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

I've done the drunk ordering thing a couple of times and have always been delighted with the presents drunk me chose for me :)
    I have been the proud owner of a pretty cheesy t-shirt with dog's paw prints next to human ones and the text 'Never walk alone', a couple of very cool diabetes t-shirts, a rabbit needing a new home, a foster dog that should have been here for a couple of weeks but has stayed 6 months until finding her forever home, an electric lap steel guitar which I can't use because I lack the rest of the needed equipment, still need to find someone to give it to, and an erhu.
    The erhu (look it up) makes the most horrible sound imaginable but it's still cool to have one :) I gave it away after a year of fiddling around with it because by then everyone was completely annoyed with me having it.

To my defence, all those items were free or very cheap, except for the shirts :hilarious:

Hope you're more sensible than me but I also hope you'll be as happy with your new gear as I was with my various 'presents', @Jaylee !

• Like Like x 5
  20. MeiChanski

Hello friends,
    Our living room is full of cardboard boxes and I’m tempted to make a fort. My bank app and most online shops have been offline due to Black Friday sales. I have decided to up my basal because I’ve been a bit high in the mornings. I can see on my libre it starts creeping up around 2-3am and it ended at 12.7.

• Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook