Type 2s: What have you eaten today?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Ian :)

Your day sounds good, thats an early one - I'd be flagging if I was woken at 3.30. Fair play for getting up at 5.00, I imagine you'll be shattered now :)

I ran at 7.30, the cool air does give me a boost, wouldnt be the same without the coffee tho. Calmomile tea, and a few coffees hydrate & keep my head clear enough until teatime around 18.00.
The evenings are my weakest time, the little voice wants sweet things but thats usually nearer to bed & I have to ignore it although its hard sometimes!

Some nice sounding food options in there, will relay to my wife. What cocoa do you use if you dont mind my asking please?
The cocoa is either Lidl or Aldi both fairly low carb and cheap. Waking is courtesy of some medication. Celagne works best, IMHO, when celeriac is cut thinly with a mandolin in 3 layers. We tend to use mozzarella slices rather than faffing about with a sauce and top with grated mozzarella.

Last edited:

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
having diabetes...... people who wear backpacks on the tube
So yesterday was a bit mad . fbg 5.6
Brekkue : 08:00 2 bacon ,2 eggs , slices of cheddar , coffe with double cream . lunch : 3 bottles becks . A few vodkas and Diet Coke . Bag of salted peanuts
Dinner : whole tandoori chicken , red wine . supper : coffee with double cream and ASDA roast almonds . Lump of cheddar it’s a Saturday and I like to have a boozy day out on Saturdays . But reign in my neck the rest of the week . Old habits are hard to break
Fbg today 5.4

jimmyt2dm

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4 egg celery and mushroom omelette, cooked in 4 tablespoons of butter, sometimes cooked with fresh raw cashews and flaxseeds.

3 chicken legs with green salad and chilli peppers with 2 tablespoon of olive oil sprinkled with 2 tablespoons of flaxseeds. 1 cup of black English tea.

I eat almost the same way everyday and fast for 16 to 18 hours. My window for eating is about 6 to 8 hours with 3 large bulletproof coffees during the fast before my first meal.

My fasting blood sugar is around 5.4 or 98 every day.

Reactions: ianpspurs
D

Deleted member 489048

Two mugs of tea with two sweetners each; jam toast 2 slices. For tea veggie soup with slice of buttered bread.

Reactions: lcarter

aard

bacon, 2 sausages
roast lamb, 3 big yorkshire puddings,
8 roast potatoes, 2 carrots, pack of sage and onion stuffing, gravy
1/2 dish jelly
75 grams crisps,
100g packet cadbury toffee button things.
litre coke
2 pint semi skimmed milk

fasting sugar - no way am i testing.

Don’t judge

MillieT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Woke up on 4mmol Wooohooo!!!
Bacon, egg and wild mushrooms for breakfast + 3 mugs of tea (lactose free milk) = 5.1mmol
Lunch, one boiled egg lol
Dinner, a fairly huge keto - Chicken crust pizza with peppers, onion and chorizo with parmigiano reggiano and coffee with cream = 6.4.

@aard above.. if I had that lot i'd be in hospital, not judging, just envious lol, if you're diabetic please go careful

Tc2c

Im into my first week as t2 and got no advice from my doctor so i'm just trying out foods.
Breakfast i had 2 weetabix with 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk.
Lunch 2 slices of ham,chopped leeks,chopped onion,5 cherry tomatos all on 2 slices of hovis 7 seeds bread.
Tea was 2 pork medallions, seeet potato roasters (one small potato) lots of leeks,1/2 cup of carrots and 1 cup of onion.5 black coffees unsweetened throughout the day

Reactions: lcarter

MillieT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Breakfast 4 crispy rashers of bacon and two eggs with parmesan & hot smoked paprika dressing
Gardening for 3 hours
Lunch I have just had keto cheese on toast.. omg this is so scrummy!

aard

bacon in morning yum, with salad not so yum

salad for dinner yuck, & fish fingers, prob shouldn't have had ketchup.

miserable with flu symptons so bottle of coke and packet of crisps and to hell if i lose my legs.

salad for dinner dude to remorse over coke, fish fingers again cause i was really hungary and needed something quick

salad for snacks due to remorse over fish fingers.

this low carb diet is not going to well :(

Dollylolly

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
The docs thinking drugs cure all
Today so far I’ve eaten

2 mugs of coffee and cream no sugar

High protein bread with primula cheese

Tuna and lettuce salad

Pesto chicken for tea made with feta and seriously strong cheddar for added bite

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
B. Full fat Greek yogurt plus 2 Walnuts. Cup tea with Almond Milk
L. Aubergine slices with Pizza topping didn't have mozzarella so used Brie. Tea with Almond Milk.
S. Chicken, Chorizo and Prawn Paella (Made with cauliflower rice) followed by sugar free jelly and a few brazils. Tea with Almond Milk.

Reactions: Quinn1066

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
fasted until 7pm apart from
2 mugs coffee (strong) and cream.
2 cans coke zero

at 7pm
Bouillabaisse - basic fish stew. Nothing fancy - some onion, some tomato, garlic, lots of olive oil. No bread or potato.

BG 5.3

Chris Adams

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rugby, cricket, classical music, poor driving standards
6.54pm 5.4mmo/l
dinner of roast beef, 4 small 1/2 roast potato's, 3 small yorkshires, asparagus, runner beans, sprouts, cauliflower & grav,
2 hrs later @ 9.11 10.6mmo/l which is what i expected, 1800 steps today, 3 hrs physical work this morning, 6 or 7 cups of coffee made with cream + my usual meds.
58% time within target, 30% above, 2% high than 13.3mmo/l & 10% under target

Reactions: Quinn1066

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG: 4.0
Breakfast: 50g rolled oats, 100g natural fat free yoghurt, 20g peanut butter, 70g fresh blueberries. Four black coffees.

Lunch: 123g pear, 0.5 macadamia and lemon paelo bar. Eaten early at 11.50 AM before catching bus to GP appointment.

5.23PM reading 4.2, after black coffee at four and not eating anything since lunch trip to GP, and having walked home.

Dinner: 2 white corn tortillas, 34g 50% reduced fat cheese, 150g spinach, 88g grilled chicken breast, 10g butter, 113g tomato, 110g cauliflower, mustard and salt. No measurements taken after dinner.

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
B: flaxseed porridge with a little oatbran (I usually add chia seeds but ran out yesterday so used extra milled flaxseed), coconut milk and double cream, includes cinnamon plus a pinch of salt
cappuccino style coffee with some cow's milk mixed with coconut milk
L: a second coffee
D: about to have roast chicken thighs with a spoon of curry sauce, cauliflower rice, spinach, then greek yogurt with fresh raspberries
Supper: cocoa made with coconut milk/cow's milk/cream/water, and a couple of Hotel Chocolat less sweet chocs

Midnight snack, if needed, cheese then top up the cocoa and an extra choc !

I aim for around 100g carbs a day

Reactions: Barb McD

Barb McD

Hotel Chocolat chocs are definitely the friendliest and most considerately made treats.
I saw your menu just in time Trisha caught my son on his way home!!

Roll on tomorrow (or the next day)

B