What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Lizzy, what would you like to do with the link? Did you want to start a discussion? The food and nutrition sub-forum might be a good place for you to include it in a new thread.
That sounds good to me.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Breakfast: Usual three egg, cheese and mushroom omelette, fat smoked bacon, tomatoes, spudlite.
Liquid lunch: Grilled pork fillet and salad, a coupla XXXX Gold beers at the club watching the rain filling the green.
Dinner: Threadfin Salmon fillets, salad.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugar, beer, water.

84702193_10216489500171560_933306894615838720_o.jpg
@Tipetoo That looks very like the cricket pitch in Worcester. Am sure @shelley262 would agree.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
15-02-2020
Breakfast 2x CWC and nut granola.
Might have had some cheese as well.
Lunch
Ham lettuce, one slice toast. Tomato , CWC .
The fridge is looking bare.
Dinner shop bought moussaka, cauliflower, brocolli and green beans. Wine and cheese.
Managed to finish two big jobs today. Kitchen units all painted. Some may need second coat or touching up. Finished clearing the last fallen tree. And guess what? Another storm rolling in. Our ferry has been 're-routed. So a longer drive to get there now. Just hope it's not cancelled altogether. Packing tomorrow. Can put the scruffy painting clothes in the wash and feel clean and tidy again.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Salmon fillet and avocado salad with plenty of chia and flaxseeds. 2/3 row of Green and Blacks velvet edition mint choc. Horrendous issue caused by lack of fibre so all the seeds and inulin a priority. Granddaughter day today and discovering retail areas of Thetford and Bury St Edmunds. @SlimLizzy hope channel crossing goes as well as possible. We have relatives going the other way to check on their property in the Mayenne.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That sounds good to me.

Either you’d need to start the thread - I can move an entire post, but not just a link - or I’d edit your original post so it just contains the link and move that. Is that what you want?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Sure, first diabetes ignores some 4 correction doses over the afternoon and early evening so I decide to leave out the best but carby parts (spicy cassave krupuk crackers) from my otherwise low-carb dinner:

Pork belly pieces marinated for a day in all kinds of yummy stuff like fresh ginger, turmeric, chilli pepper, onions and garlic, powdered cumin, cloves and cinnamon, plus sweet and salty soy sauce and my favourite variety of Indonesian hot sauce, baked in the oven with the marinade and added to a stir-fried vegetable mix with a little Thai oyster sauce.

To be honest, it tasted fine without the cassave crackers. But I don't see why insulin wants to kick in right now, when I'm already full!

86457431_10219843389349499_8754366847991676928_o.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Chook and Quinn1066

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 5.2 FBG 4.1. Guess that's what very little food does. I've been drinking plenty water but it was well into the afternoon before real hunger eventually kicked in. @DJC3 - I've often felt full but this is the first time I've just not wanted to eat anything. I only ate what I did because Hubby was complaining about me taking meds without food.
B. Just TAG. Weather was starting to whip up and son wanted to go to Costco. I had a few bits and pieces to get for tomorrow but I managed to get home during a break in the weather. Water is pretty high in the drains.
L. Well at about 3.30pm I had some of the leftover Shepherd's Pie. It's actually really nice reheated but I regretted eating it even although I didn't have much. I think it was just too late in the day.
D. Was scheduled to be the DD steak in a red wine sauce with (believe it or not) cabbage mash!! I couldn't get my head around that so it became a rare fillet, 2 mini beetroots, 4 santini tomatoes and 1/2 avocado. Had a small Skyr later.
I'm still really full.
Hope everyone is surviving the storm.
@Annb - eldest grandson is obsessed with Minecraft. Easiest way to explain it is 'virtual Lego'. They are building (and breaking down) worlds online. Grandson created a virtual WWII world when they were doing this at school. This was where we discovered he'd learnt about remembrance. He created a secret remembrance wall and added all the family members who had died. Currently, he's created a virtual IKEA. Quite amused he'd called it Infinite IKEA - Yup, that's about right. Workers were face less- yup, that's about right too. Stacked to the ceiling - yup. Here's the exit - No, they don't let you escape!

Winnie-the-Pooh

Today :

Planning for bf bday an valentines. He has booked a secret restaurant

I got his cake . It’s gorgeous!

Breakfast : 2 fried eggs, 1 cucumber , one raw mushroom

Lunch : a savory danish with ham and a cappuccino at the bakery where I got the cake . Pic attached .

My charming creative bf added eyes to the picture of my savory danish !

Dinner : will have prawns and vegetables. Trying to stay low carb so tomorrow can eat the cake.

IMG_4960.jpg
IMG_4961.jpg

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Either you’d need to start the thread - I can move an entire post, but not just a link - or I’d edit your original post so it just contains the link and move that. Is that what you want?
Yes please Goonergal.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: Usual three egg, cheese and mushroom omelette, fat smoked bacon, tomatoes, spudlite.
Liquid lunch: Grilled pork fillet and salad, a coupla XXXX Gold beers at the club watching the rain filling the green.
Dinner: Threadfin Salmon fillets, salad.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugar, beer, water.

84702193_10216489500171560_933306894615838720_o.jpg

That lake of yours looks like our croft did yesterday, except the grass is a bit longer. Wind wasn't too bad, but the rain was pretty bad. Ran off pretty quickly though - that's the best part about it here - drainage is good, due to the slope of the land and ditches.

Reactions: ianpspurs and Chook

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
You are an artist ! How come everyone here is such a great cook? I cannot boil an egg to save my life !
Put egg in pot
Add water until egg is completely under water
Put on stove and wait until it starts to boil
Turn down heat to prevent bubbling over and wait a couple of minutes
Hold egg under cold tap
Peel and eat

Have a try, you can do it!

Advanced level egg cooking: Time how long you cooked the egg and remember it for next time so you can cook a bit longer or shorter.
Alternatively, look the right time up in google or use one of those color-changing eggs to get it right the first time.

Good luck and let us know how it went!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Bed 5.2 FBG 4.1. Guess that's what very little food does. I've been drinking plenty water but it was well into the afternoon before real hunger eventually kicked in. @DJC3 - I've often felt full but this is the first time I've just not wanted to eat anything. I only ate what I did because Hubby was complaining about me taking meds without food.
B. Just TAG. Weather was starting to whip up and son wanted to go to Costco. I had a few bits and pieces to get for tomorrow but I managed to get home during a break in the weather. Water is pretty high in the drains.
L. Well at about 3.30pm I had some of the leftover Shepherd's Pie. It's actually really nice reheated but I regretted eating it even although I didn't have much. I think it was just too late in the day.
D. Was scheduled to be the DD steak in a red wine sauce with (believe it or not) cabbage mash!! I couldn't get my head around that so it became a rare fillet, 2 mini beetroots, 4 santini tomatoes and 1/2 avocado. Had a small Skyr later.
I'm still really full.
Hope everyone is surviving the storm.
@Annb - eldest grandson is obsessed with Minecraft. Easiest way to explain it is 'virtual Lego'. They are building (and breaking down) worlds online. Grandson created a virtual WWII world when they were doing this at school. This was where we discovered he'd learnt about remembrance. He created a secret remembrance wall and added all the family members who had died. Currently, he's created a virtual IKEA. Quite amused he'd called it Infinite IKEA - Yup, that's about right. Workers were face less- yup, that's about right too. Stacked to the ceiling - yup. Here's the exit - No, they don't let you escape!

Em seems to be turning the game into an action game which requires running around the house like a mad thing and grabbing books from a bookcase to use as iron or to make "diamond swords" which can be used to fight off monsters and zombies. I assume it can also be used as an educational tool as well, which is good. It certainly seems to spur the imagination!

Reactions: maglil55

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Bed 5.2 FBG 4.1.
D. Was scheduled to be the DD steak in a red wine sauce with (believe it or not) cabbage mash!! I couldn't get my head around that so it became a rare fillet, 2 mini beetroots, 4 santini tomatoes and 1/2 avocado.

The cabbage mash put me off a bit too - I was waiting to see what you made of it first!
Great fbg by the way.

Reactions: maglil55

Winnie-the-Pooh

Put egg in pot
Hold egg under cold tap
Peel and eat

Advanced level egg cooking: Time how long you cooked the egg and remember it for next time so you can cook a bit longer or shorter.
Alternatively, look the right time up in google or use one of those color-changing eggs to get it right the first time.

I love the algorithmic way of teaching me how to do it ! Thanks

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In total 1 hour 20 minutes high pressure. Initially 1 hour, full natural release and it didn’t feel tender, so put it back for another 20 minutes.

Not much chance of drying anything in the sun today. Facebook reminded me this morning that I walked home from work in the sun in a t-shirt on this day last year.

Goonergal - it's worth checking your pot is defaulting to high pressure, not the lower setting if you feel it needs much longer? Being away from home, I can't check out the button sequence or light configure to check it, but either someone here or on the FB page will have the information at their fingertips. (Or Dr Google, or YouTube of course).

Glad you got the tenderness at least though.

Reactions: DJC3

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Put egg in pot
Hold egg under cold tap
Peel and eat

I do hard boiled eggs (my current breakfast, with some salad) in an even more random way.

Take eggs out of refrigerator (in UK, we store them on a countertop, but here, we cool them), out into saucepan, cover with water.

Turn hob heat on, at the highest level, go eat breakfast. When the rumbling (of the eggs boiling in the water), turn heat off, but just leave along - finish breakfast.

Once washing-up is finished, pour now cool water off the eggs and allow to dry.

Mark eggs as cooked (dot of marker on the blunt end), and replace in the fridge. Eat are required, and repeat.

Of course, timings are totally random, but I have never yet had a dark ring around the yolk, which is all I ask for.

Cold hard-boiled egg(s), salad and hot chilli sauce - the breakfast of champions - for now!