What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all 4.4 for me - the effects of yesterday’s wine I guess so it’ll probably go up for a couple of days later.
Kitchen not flooded this morning so all good there
Sorry to hear of your gate @trick60 I haven’t dared go to the back garden.
Have fun with the family @ianpspurs lurk away but come back soon.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...never believe the weather forecasters particularly those who said the storm was moving away from here...didn't sound like that as I listened to the wind rattling the remnants of the ivy against the bedroom window last night... thankfully no comparison with the rest of the country so got away lightly TBH...wondering how others fared particularly @gennepher hoping she will check in soon & her and Popeye are okay...more drama here Charlie has managed to steal a tube of 'Licky Lix' a fishy version of Frubes for cats...careering around the rug with it pursued by Lola...anytime she nears him he emits a very low growl thats made me wary of trying to take it off him...Licky Lix retrieved all fingers still intact...woke to a 6.9

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
hahaha trees doing Zumba..very well observed.....:hilarious::hilarious:

Poppy's was the restaurant, 3 of them apparently so a little choice of venue.
ours was Poppy's 2... HERE

ignore tube advice..Closest tube is Barons court 12 min walk (piccadilly + district lines), best bet is Hammersmith Broadway 15 min walk (piccadilly + District lines) or bus, or Uber. ..Parking metered spaces usually available in nearby streets

if using barons court through cemetery is quicker

MENU , perhaps?..Deliveroo DO deliver..;):D

not a fan, but here is the FB link..(it's their restaurant website, apparently, dear god.. :rolleyes: :banghead:)
Thanks for that @jjraak, I have put the info into my functional spare brain (phone).

Reactions: HarryBeau

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.5 so the less said about that the better! Hope everyone is safe and dry after Dennis. @gennepher it sounded really bad your way and sorry for the fence damage and anxiety. @trick60 how can Dennis break a new gate to splinters, glad you and yours safe. @ianpspurs sorry for your disappointment but please do lurk and keep us posted about your new surroundings. I hope all the things to do will take your mind off the numbers but stay with us. Day of chores for me today but friend coming over for soup lunch later. Have a good Monday. Stay well, stay safe.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning with 6.2 probably due to the Salmon In Puff Pastry, served with veg and rice at a friends yesterday evening, then a wild 30 mile drive home being chased by what felt like The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, @gennepher sorry for you also feeling the fearfulness of the storms wrath and the damage, on the positive side what an opportunity for inspirational art work.

I have decided against the Muddy Cycle ride as I suspect I will end up doing more tree clambering Than peddling. A shame because the sun is shinning and all looks at peace outside.

Take care if mending and tidying storm damage. Now the worlds been swept clean face it with an open mind and brave heart.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My internet went down totally both phone and wi fi last night, just as I posted my last reply on this thread.

Fbg 7.9
Not going to worry bout that rise. Who cares...

That Storm Dennis at 5pm was Armageddon.

I love storms and lightning I have always said that. But this Storm Dennis was a whole new level of unbridled fury.

It had died down a bit from its absolute fury of my previous post. But then as i was replying to @DJC3 it was like an explosion, my garden was suddenly flattened by the wind, and I have trees (about 15-20 foot high) and bushes, then the wind whipped round and round from every direction bending all trees and bushes every which way.

My internet had gone for the phone as well by then.

I was petrified. And the driving rain. I realised my heart was pounding. I don't think i have ever had that before. When it subsided somewhat i went to make a cup of tea. But i couldnt do it. My kettle boils and puts the water direct in the cup...I didn't put the cup under it. Don't worry I was fine, i didnt get scalded. I couldn't do anything. So i went to bed and took a book to read, but I couldnt read the words.

Popeye laid on my chest in his I am guarding you position and he didn't go to sleep and i felt the vibrations of his purrs all night. I did sleep. He didn't. Each time i woke up he was watching me.

So i got up at 4 as usually and did this painting of a storm, but i needed the charcoal and graphite, and that was in the garage. So a torch and i went and got it. It is messy stuff which is why i dont do it in the house. But it was needed for my storm clouds.

So you can see the materials i used in the second photo. A kneadable eraser and a electric eraser, and other stuff.

And you can see my painting desk is one mess...I started this charcoal on top of everything else...

I was brushing the charcoal and graphite off, but that was making a bad mess on top of all my other stuff. Then i though, i bought a handheld rechargeable vacuum cleaner last week. Would that take the charcoal and graphite dust off...it did!!!

So then that is me vacuuming up the charcoal graphite painting. It worked. I will do some more indoors now.

8C6289E3-EC35-4664-8841-BAF9B07AF88E.jpeg

EE9D2B58-C13B-4ACE-9DA6-3D69166E6420.jpeg

I am still shaky from yesterday. Like i said before i am never going to get flooded in the way all those poor souls have been with rivers running through their houses. So i have a lot to be grateful for.

I need to get out of this place for a couple of hours. So I haven't checked out your posts, i might not be able to because this internet connection is more off that on. The light keeps trolling through from green to amber then stays on red then it tried so amber again, then switches to green for a second, then goes down to amber and red again. I need green to post this. So i have written this on a note pad app. If i cant do it here, i will do it when i go out, hopefully.

There is a new cafe opened last week, called the Golden Restuarant (I cannot spell that and spellcheck is down!). So if that is open i will try and post from there. There was a board outside saying English Breakfast £5.

The sky this morning and blue and sunny and totally belies yesterday.

Be safe
Take care
Hugs
Catch you later...

Reactions: Barb McD

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My internet went down totally both phone and wi fi last night, just as I posted my last reply on this thread

Fbg 7.9
Not going to worry bout that rise. Who cares...

That Storm Dennis at 5pm was Armageddon.

I love storms and lightning I have always said that. But this Storm Dennis was a whole new level of unbridled fury.

It had died down a bit from its absolute fury of my previous post. But then as i was replying to @DJC3 it was like an explosion, my garden was suddenly flattened by the wind, and I have trees (about 15-20 foot high) and bushes, then the wind whipped round and round from every direction bending all trees and bushes every which way.

My internet had gone for the phone as well by then.

I was petrified. And the driving rain. I realised my heart was pounding. I don't think i have ever had that before. When it subsided somewhat i went to make a cup of tea. But i couldnt do it. My kettle boils and puts the water direct in the cup...I didn't put the cup under it. Don't worry I was fine, i didnt get scalded. I couldn't do anything. So i went to bed and took a book to read, but I couldnt read the words.

Popeye laid on my chest in his I am guarding you position and he didn't go to sleep and i felt the vibrations of his purrs all night. I did sleep. He didn't. Each time i woke up he was watching me.

So i got up at 4 as usually and did this painting of a storm, but i needed the charcoal and graphite, and that was in the garage. So a torch and i went and got it. It is messy stuff which is why i dont do it in the house. But it was needed for my storm clouds.

So you can see the materials i used in the second photo. A kneadable eraser and a electric eraser, and other stuff.

And you can see my painting desk is one mess...I started this charcoal on top of everything else...

I was brushing the charcoal and graphite off, but that was making a bad mess on top of all my other stuff. Then i though, i bought a handheld rechargeable vacuum cleaner last week. Would that take the charcoal and graphite dust off...it did!!!

So then that is me vacuuming up the charcoal graphite painting. It worked. I will do some more indoors now.

View attachment 38712

View attachment 38713

I am still shaky from yesterday. Like i said before i am never going to get flooded in the way all those poor souls have been with rivers running through their houses. So i have a lot to be grateful for.

I need to get out of this place for a couple of hours. So I haven't checked out your posts, i might not be able to because this internet connection is more off that on. The light keeps trolling through from green to amber then stays on red then it tried so amber again, then switches to green for a second, then goes down to amber and red again. I need green to post this. So i have written this on a note pad app. If i cant do it here, i will do it when i go out, hopefully.

There is a new cafe opened last week, called the Golden Restuarant (I cannot spell that and spellcheck is down!). So if that is open i will try and post from there. There was a board outside saying English Breakfast £5.

Be safe
Take care
Hugs
Catch you later...
That sounds really scary @gennepher. How lovely that Popeye was guarding you.
Thank goodness you didn't scald yourself. Hope your internet comes back on this morning.

We have been lucky here in Norfolk as I don't think we have had it quite as bad as the rest of the country.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning.

Really pleased with that because I only did 1,600 steps yesterday and when we were watching Agatha Christies The Pale Horse last night husband got out the salted pistachio nuts and I had some. Eating late and no exercise at all would usually guarantee a fbs in the 6s - but not this morning.

Half term - so it is so nice to relax and unwind and have plenty of time to do admin and to sort out new exercises for the classes. At least I hope it turns out like that as when I have a break the time absolutely flies by and it is the end of the week before I know it.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have decided against the Muddy Cycle ride as I suspect I will end up doing more tree clambering Than peddling. A shame because the sun is shinning and all looks at peace outside
Probably really wise not to go on a Muddy Cycle ride today. On the doggie walk this morning a there were branches down everywhere and a lovely tree full of catkins was down - completely uprooted.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A new dawn and no end of days, that's got too be good and as predicted what a great piece of art work you produced from your frightening experience, just goes to show the old adage 'Every cloud has a silver lining' still stands, brilliant.

Love the messy desk just how I like to work much to Mrs MCs horror. :joyful:

Thanks @Krystyna23040 for sound advice. I have done some chopping wood exercise instead for our non PC woodburner.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
watching Agatha Christies The Pale Horse last night husband got out the salted pistachio nuts and I had some
I watched that on the edge of my seat so I'd have eaten all the pistachios...ps. what really happened at the end was he a ghost?...didn't really get:rolleyes:

Reactions: DJC3

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There is a new cafe opened last week, called the Golden Restuarant (I cannot spell that and spellcheck is down!). So if that is open i will try and post from there.
There you are gennepher thank goodness what a terrifying storm & such a vivid description...well done Popeye it's touching how hard they try to protect those who are precious to them...we have got away lightly so far but not taking that for granted in the least...lets hope the worse has passed & you two have a more relaxed evening...enjoy that breakfast.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I watched that on the edge of my seat so I'd have eaten all the pistachios...ps. what really happened at the end was he a ghost?...didn't really get:rolleyes:
I also watched it on the edge of my seat and didn't get the ending either.

Spoiler alert - don't read any further if you haven't seen episode 2 yet

So had to find out - this review from Radio Times explains the ambiguous ending really well:-

Is Mark Easterbrook dead? What does the TV show ending mean?
Look, we can’t 100% say. Unless we’re missing something, the ending is deliberately ambiguous. Sorry!

But let’s talk about what we do know…

In the final moments of the episode, we see Mark Easterbrook pick up the newspaper from his doormat and enter his flat. Alongside a picture of him, the headline is, “Mystery death of antique dealer, Easterbrook tragedy strikes again” – and he looks up to finds himself trapped back in the past (or in a nightmarish vision), as Delphine picks up the radio and heads for the bathroom. Then electricity fuses and the lights go out. “Not again. Please – not again,” he begs.

Perhaps Mark has been killed by the thallium poisoning, after all; even though he killed Osborne, perhaps he was too late to save himself. Perhaps this is just his personal hell in the afterlife.

Or, perhaps, the witches have killed him and/or trapped him in a perpetual nightmare. There’s some hint of this earlier in the episode:

“That’s that,” says Sybil (Kathy Kiera Clarke) as Mark leaves the Pale Horse.

“Nearly,” responds Thryza (Sheila Atim). Clearly, they have something extra in store for him.

It’s also significant that, just before Mark walks into the flat and reads of his own death, Hermia Easterbrook has just suddenly (almost miraculously) woken up in hospital. She sees the three witches by her bedside, and they explain some things to her, but it’s not clear whether the witches physically visited the hospital at all or if this is some form of vision or magic.

Have the witches switched their fates – saving Hermia and dooming Mark?

You may have to make up your own mind…

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.7 today

it's calmer today thankfully, glad everyone survived the storm, bushes, trees and water notwithstanding :) we had a small leak where the kitchen extension joins the house :sorry: the high wind forcing rain water up under the flashing we think, just a tiny drip which has stopped now so hopefully that's all it was.

I'm heading into the kitchen, I've promised myself I'll tidy out a shelf of my larder cupboard today :angelic:
Otherwise we're hopefully having a quiet day.

I've a notion to try adding some vital wheat gluten to my LC breadish thing to see if it helps the texture so I may have a go at that this afternoon.

Hope your Monday treats you kindly :)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Actually @HarryBeau have just had a thought. Trying to work out what the ending of the Pale Horse meant is a bit like trying to work out what the ups and downs of blood sugars mean in T2D.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Actually @HarryBeau have just had a thought. Trying to work out what the ending of the Pale Horse meant is a bit like trying to work out what the ups and downs of blood sugars mean in T2D.
Yes I concur with that Krystyna particularly in view of mine yoyoing ATM...although more ups then downs

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen.
I started to write this post at 8:30pm, but life, the universe and Mrs J had other ideas about how me and me's morening would be spent.

Well an interesting 6.5 this morning.

Well folks have you ever wondered about the meaning of life?
No, me neither. Best just get on with it.

Have a great afternoon folks.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Grandson on half term has a project to write a story including a list of words which are very unlikely to fit well. We have had a go this morning. I already have a stash of stories about the magic sweetshop I told our boys and my grandson so next part will be easy. I can't draw but here ya go:

Everyone must have heard of Sweetworld. Aimee, Liam and Dan lived in the world we all know and love but they lived in a castle. Not your ordinary castle, it had a portal to an enchanted kingdom called Sweetworld. Naturally, they went through the portal as many times as they could. Well, half term was awfully long and Sky, Netflix and all can only entertain so much.

Oh, you may need to know why they were living in a castle. Liam was King of our world but he needed a break from mad, bad and dangerous to know Boris and his evil dragon Dom. Dom looked so much like Gollum and they had never been seen in the same room - odd that. Aimee was naturally a Princess and Dan was a Prince in our world. Queen Bella actually ruled the roost but she stayed home looking after baby Moana when the other three went into Sweetworld. The first time they ever went into Sweetworld they were playing hide and seek in their castle. Wardrobes are the usual way in obviously and the best ones come from a place called Brexit. They are very expensive and poor quality but do have magical powers according to Boris and Dom and a strange man called Nigel.

To make friends with the evil wizzard Donald, who ruled the universe, Boris told everyone there would be six moons and eight suns in a place called The Red Wall. A potion called HS2 would make this happen. No one actually believed him but he just grinned, winked and pretended to be serious so folks went along with it. Everyone claimed Classic Dom was a wizzard who had a cunning plan but just in case anyone rumbled him he gave the talking plants in “The Cabinet” all their words.

Sweetworld, on the other hand, had all the usual mod cons you will all have heard of. 40 hospitals, a gazillion new buses, magic money trees yadda, yadda. Liam knew he must make sweetworld more realistic and safer. He decided to urgently add some believable things. His first 100 days saw oven ready white flying lions to take back to our world and defend the Red Wall. Next he needed to invent something to stop the talking cat, called JRM, Boris used to lie to King Liam’s old aunt Lizzie. He also needed to make Boris talk to some people called Justin, Nick, Mishal and Martha who protected our world from the “make believe” virus Boris and Dom sprayed everywhere. People in our world desperately needed a spray to deal with the cabinet of talking plants. Suella and Pritti were the loudest and most poisonous but the Raab was by far the most hilarious.

Liam was urgently searching Sweetworld for a brave and brilliant knight with a red rose to take back to our world to protect people from the evil, sly Gove monster and his plans for dangerous chicken meat to be fed to all children.

This half term we will hear about some of the adventures Liam, Aimee and Dan have in sweetworld. Of course, everyone knows this is all fake news and something called the MSM are poisoning all our lives. Now, on with the real fun.

Last edited: