Type 1'stars R Us

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yep, another baby delivered here! I'm sure there'll be a day when......;)

Not much to report here, be interesting to hear how it goes with the trainees @SueJB.

Reactions: Marie 2

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I thought exactly the same :)

Good morning (bora da)

Rubbish night last night, coughed for ages, BGs dropped so alarms were going off most of the night then at 5ish alarm going off for a rise in BG, silenced that one pretty quick as I was sooooo tired. Woke to a loverly 17! That will teach me to dismiss alarms. I am now tired and miserable BUT I am alive woohoo WINNER
Hugs porl69

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Stupid question: The cat walked over my keyboard and now the top and bottom parts where you can open new tabs or turn off the computer have vanished. It happened while this page was open (obviously) so I can't do anything apart from writing on here, can't google for the solution.
Can someone help me out? How do I magic back the top and bottom bars?

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Stupid question: The cat walked over my keyboard and now the top and bottom parts where you can open new tabs or turn off the computer have vanished. It happened while this page was open (obviously) so I can't do anything apart from writing on here, can't google for the solution.

Try F11.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
No worries. Just happened to see your post at the right moment I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I like people who happen to be in the right place at the right time ;)
At least I'm happy I was on this page and not on a confused newbie one!

Reactions: Marie 2

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

To stop it happening again. Get some anti-cat software?

image.jpeg

I could help with drunken rampages on eBay too! :D

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello friends,

I’m still frustrated with my pump but all is good after multiple corrections for morning highs. I decided to check my uni inbox and student advisor has sent an email that type 1s on libres, CGMs, closed loop systems and pumps must inform him before exam season. My exam plan must be updated so I sent him an email to inform him about my pump (and it’s demonic alarms) for academic year 2021.

Reactions: karen8967

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Evening all. Just cleared from A&E with our final patient and we’re heading back to base to log off. Going to be an early night!

And in other news, got 100% in my drugs dosing exam. Years of T1 and all the mental arithmetic we have to do has come in handy!

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dear me, some of my colleagues do like to live dangerously.

Slight change of routine today meant Young Vampire and me were having a late break at a time we're not normally together. YV toddled off to get something and I decide to test my blood sugars whilst I was waiting.

"How's your diabetes these days? All under control?" came from a rarely ever seen colleague sitting across the table. Alas, I was in a Very Bad Mood for reasons unrelated to either Young Vampire or my working day or indeed the totally expected break time number, and therefore I only had the capacity for a death stare response accompanied by a "That's my business, not yours." Had Young Vampire been in the vicinity I might have managed a quick "Fine, thank you."

Still, I have got the message across that standing behind Young Vampire to see the number on the meter then tell me before YV is prepared to declare the result is not on. Nor is asking "Oh, is that high or low?" Me and the Young Vampire, we may tackle this in our own inimitable fashions, but we're in it together with no judgment on the other's numbers or our slightly different ways of dealing with them. (Well, maybe a gleeful comment from YV if mine are unusually high for me!) But, oh boy, my colleagues are really confused by the fact my numbers are no secret from YV, or indeed either of the other 2 insulin-dependent students who I often see at mealtimes, but I won't just tell anyone who casually asks...

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Evening all. Just cleared from A&E with our final patient and we’re heading back to base to log off. Going to be an early night!

And in other news, got 100% in my drugs dosing exam. Years of T1 and all the mental arithmetic we have to do has come in handy!

Wowsers! Well done.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning! It is 6:30 and getting light, with low lying mist over the river valley and frost in the fields. In Bloom this morning, a couple of dead conifers to get out. Sat on a nice 6 on waking.

Reactions: SueJB and karen8967