COVID 2019 Comorbidity with Diabetes

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
From George Henderson's (@puddleg on Twitter) blog which includes an English translation of the treatment protocol (which includes intravenous Vitamin C) being used in China:

https://hopefulgeranium.blogspot.com/2020/03/the-official-covid-19-protocol-from.html
yes..i have to echoes @Winnie53 opinion,
stonking article..read it and saved for later viewing ..thank you for the post.
THAT is the kind of thing we need to be looking at as a GOVT and as individuals ..
what worked, why did it work , how much do i take.

cheers

Last edited:

Honeyend

I think we in the UK are lucky in that we have a free, at the point of contact, health service. We have no idea how various health care systems affect the outcome. There is a big difference between being a diabetic or having long term conditions in a good health care system and one where resources are rationed by money or lack of knowledge. If you end up in hospital here you will get oxygen and you will get the drugs.

I read somewhere that in the US most of the testing so far had been done privately and they did not have to disclose the results, I hope this is changing.
https://www.sciencealert.com/here-s-how-many-coronavirus-tests-per-capita-have-been-completed
I think until we know how many people out of the total of our population are likely to suffer complications lets not panic.

Reactions: Robinredbreast

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Trump new show.
How NOT to run a Pandemic #101

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-secrecy-exclusive-idUSKBN20Y2LM

does make SO glad we got our guys . much as i might dispute some of the timing and handling.
Claims now china hid the crisis, that's why the US is so behind ..:rolleyes:

Pretty sure i read something about this virus on the news recently.

Do these guys NOT know just how serious this is going to get...:banghead:

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
From CNN in the US...

New York officials traced more than 50 coronavirus cases back to one attorney

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/n...s-back-to-one-attorney/ar-BB112jj6?li=BBnb7Kz

Not enough information to know what happened. Many possibilities, but we don't know...

Working and socializing with symptoms? or were there no symptoms? Not known.
Attending large gatherings?
Hugging or shaking hands with everyone you come into contact?
Not maintaining 3 to 6 feet distance from others?
Sharing a vehicle with someone with possible COVID-19 symptoms?

In all fairness to the gentleman... He was the first person to test positive in New York (or NYC, not sure which). We're ALL learning as we go. This is a powerful story that we can all learn from. 108 people have now tested positive in 8 days. No deaths mentioned.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think we in the UK are lucky in that we have a free, at the point of contact, health service. We have no idea how various health care systems affect the outcome. There is a big difference between being a diabetic or having long term conditions in a good health care system and one where resources are rationed by money or lack of knowledge. If you end up in hospital here you will get oxygen and you will get the drugs.

I read somewhere that in the US most of the testing so far had been done privately and they did not have to disclose the results, I hope this is changing.
https://www.sciencealert.com/here-s-how-many-coronavirus-tests-per-capita-have-been-completed
I think until we know how many people out of the total of our population are likely to suffer complications lets not panic.

have to think the US has only a short time to get it's house in order before this wave hits hard.
and agree we are lucky in how the NHS does function when required.

Not quite so optimistic about the last few lines tho. i do hope you are right, but i doubt it.

This word panic, people mention..

is everything from laying on your back dead ant style to buying in a few bits and washing your hands depending on who you talk to...it stops many from doing whats needed.

the world is moving FAST on this, because it knows it needs to

if i was choosing a team, to WIN this fight..ii'd want the Panickers, those thinking this through and prepping for the worst.
i'd love them as my neighbours fighting hard to keep me and mine safe.

Worst case Scenario, with them..they are wrong, the numbers ain't so bad they look a bit silly
and we all go home safe and sound...(maybe the panicker efforts MADE then situation less of a disaster, )

the 'Flu-Ers" you know "WHY is everyone panicking.. it's JUST FLU"
the ones saying it from day one despite mounting evidence and numbers across the Globe.

Worst case scenario, no one takes it serious, the numbers increase drastically
we struggle to contain the outbreak, we ramp up the efforts bits by bit like italy, as we watch family and loved ones die
Not sure i want them as neighbours, risking mine for the sake of what ?
i can't think what they bring to the table.
So Can't think of a reason to be on that team.

This is unprecedented in our time, we need to wake up to it.
to take the actions needed NOW when everyone else is in the same boat, makes great sense.
it's short term pain for long term gain

the alternative is as above, longer, harder and much more painful.

We can't protect our families from this, IF we don't protect our neighbours.
We all have a responsibility in this fight.

Last edited:
Reactions: HSSS

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
From CNN in the US...

New York officials traced more than 50 coronavirus cases back to one attorney

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/n...s-back-to-one-attorney/ar-BB112jj6?li=BBnb7Kz

Not enough information to know what happened. Many possibilities, but we don't know...

Working and socializing with symptoms? or were there no symptoms? Not known.
Attending large gatherings?
Hugging or shaking hands with everyone you come into contact?
Not maintaining 3 to 6 feet distance from others?
Sharing a vehicle with someone with possible COVID-19 symptoms?

In all fairness to the gentleman... He was the first person to test positive in New York (or NYC, not sure which). We're ALL learning as we go. This is a powerful story that we can all learn from. 108 people have now tested positive in 8 days. No deaths mentioned.

ah @Winnie53 ..this all so new to the states, BUT

it's not new to us, we have been covering this for the last few months,
same story everywhere.

Why wasn't the american administration watching.?..isn't part of their job to PROTECT and SERVE it's citizens
why aren't we all learning the lessons of China, Iran, S Korea. and sadly Italy

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
This continued warning of dont panic leaves me a bit cold. I have not seen anyone on these threads panicking. The admonishment is beginning to get slightly up ones left nostril!
The ones who take all the stuff in supermarkets, are not panicking, they are just ****** selfish.
It may be hitting the economy not going to cafes etc, I heard one business woman claiming it was panic today, that is not panic, its prudence.

If someone see facts differently we dont like, its not panicking.

Personally I think the situation in the uk is little laid back up to now. Perhaps we can reduce the peak in the elderly and those with impaired immunity if we act early. But that is not panicking cos we believe people are more important than money.

Derek

Reactions: HSSS

Jo_the_boat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There's some stark reading here

I know it's all very frightening but we, who I suggest are more careful / aware than some other groups, should perhaps have as much information as possible to help ourselves and others.
This article has persuaded me to (pretty much) self-isolate.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tom Hanks (a t2d) and his wife have both tested positive. Wishing them a speedy recovery.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I am not as yet constructing a port cullis or drawbridge! :)
Derek

I agree, unless I am advised to, or told to, I am not showing any symptoms, but I think now, people with certain medical conditions and/or age, should be tested now, sooner, rather than later.
Have a safe day everyone.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There's some stark reading here

I know it's all very frightening but we, who I suggest are more careful / aware than some other groups, should perhaps have as much information as possible to help ourselves and others.
This article has persuaded me to (pretty much) self-isolate.
Cheers @Jo_the_boat

wonderfully informative, not sure i took it all in,
but i have saved it to look at later.

1*r-ddYhoUtP_se6x-NOEinA.png

quite scary that he suggests Wuhan shutdown began at just 400 cases, considering how bad it eventually was
and the graphs about that underlying trend of 'true cases'...:sorry:

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Trouble with staycations is that it brings vast swathes of people to relatively rural and quiet areas, endangering the population living there who otherwise may not have been at risk.

Lucy, I'm not making a value judgement on whether that's a great idea, or not, just giving my view of what could likely happen.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Cheers @Jo_the_boat

wonderfully informative, not sure i took it all in,
but i have saved it to look at later.

1*r-ddYhoUtP_se6x-NOEinA.png

quite scary that he suggests Wuhan shutdown began at just 400 cases, considering how bad it eventually was
and the graphs about that underlying trend of 'true cases'...:sorry:
He may be right but he doesn't seem to have any special expertise, from his profile he writes about all sorts of stuff.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
He may be right but he doesn't seem to have any special expertise, from his profile he writes about all sorts of stuff.

Not sure i said he did, though.

Suggests was the word, and you maybe right.

however that word 'expert' has taken a hammering recently.

as i have said before the experts were in charge of
wuhan,
china
japan
cruise ship quarantine
italy
skorea
iran..etc etc, etc...( as yul brenner once said :hilarious:)

but when people look back and begin unpicking the sequences of events,
that sort of tally with what many other are suggesting is a 'possible' ratio
i tend to take a bit more notice nowadays

kind of how i was BEFORE dx.
i just thought every one going on and on about food was the food police...
I was So wrong..apologies to all those i laughed at.

so i ain't falling for that one again.;):D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The unknown is the scariest. but I am still trying to stay calm and level headed. Tomorrow is an inset day at he school, so no travelling, then in two weeks time, it will be the 2 week Easter break :)
An update :https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51839106

Reactions: jjraak
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cheers @Robinredbreast

did you see Ireland just joined the lockdown gang ?

Thanks @jjraak , I heard it on the news, but we need leadership, confidence and truthfulness regarding our countries risk and safety, clear precise action, either one way or the other.
Edited

Last edited: