COVID 2019 Comorbidity with Diabetes

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you have it Zand :wideyed: ? I must of missed posts or threads somewhere along the way ?
I won't know for a few days...but I could well have. I was careful about handwashing...but still found myself touching my face once.

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this on the thread before...but when thinking about Vit C zinc selenium etc for immune systems...there also Vit D with K2 which helps...and beta glucans too. Yep I am taking the lot and have been for a couple of weeks...

Edit: I should have said Vit D3 with K2

Last edited:
Reactions: Bea56 and Winnie53

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
from the press conference this afternoon:

Whitty says the government agrees with the WHO on the basis of testing. He says the government is giving up testing based on geography. But it will be scaling up testing, he says.

He says what would be transformational would be the ability to test to see if people have had the disease. At the moment the test only identifies if they currently have it. But that may change, he says.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Latest UK announcement

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-51903319

Basically
  • Stop attending all public gatherings, pubs, clubs, etc.etc.
  • Stop all non-essential travel
  • Work from home from now on if at all possible
  • Keep safe social distances
  • If anyone in household has the 2 main C-19 symptoms of fever and new sustained coughing, then stay home for 2 weeks.
  • Asymptomatic ppl allowed out for exercise (a nation of dogs says thank you), but only go out for supplies if you cannot find anyone who can do it for you.

Reactions: urbanracer

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Asymptomatic ppl allowed out for exercise (a nation of dogs says thank you), but only go out for supplies if you cannot find anyone who can do it for you

I understood it as those with symptoms could go out for exercise; not just those without symptoms. Guess it will all get clarified in coming days.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I understood it as those with symptoms could go out for exercise; not just those without symptoms. Guess it will all get clarified in coming days.

you may well be right - it wasn’t the clearest communication!

M

Member496333

I need to go grocery shopping tomorrow. I fear there won't be much left :nailbiting:

Anyone know of a good place to buy a bow & arrow? Preferably online :shifty:

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
I need to go grocery shopping tomorrow. I fear there won't be much left :nailbiting:

Anyone know of a good place to buy a bow & arrow? Preferably online :shifty:

I can send you mine as I haven't been to the archery club for a couple of years anyway. Mind you, I might be trying to shoot seagulls within a few days.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
it doesnt include the questions and answers from the press and the scientists.

5:24..." Does the prime minister regret the decisions to not begin resourcing ventilators earlier"

B " well, waffle, waffle great question, waffle waffle" ..now, who's next." Peston.."

Expected the bad news.
So not surprised by any of it, sadly.

Buckle up, it's about to get rough
OR keep calm and carry on.

I'm all for personal choice :D

Last edited:

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The whole announcement could have been condensed to a chart with 3 or 4 bullet points. It would have been easier to understand and taken a few minutes to present.

Reactions: Debandez

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The whole announcement could have been condensed to a chart with 3 or 4 bullet points. It would have been easier to understand and taken a few minutes to present.

He'd of got Lambasted for that.
Beside we need our leaders to be out in front, during this.
A lot of body language goes with these things.

Sure some will take a sense of confidence
Some a sense of floundering, but he is who we got for better or worse at the moment.

At least he is bringing in the two scientists the teams behind them and LISTENING to them.

And seemingly willing to adapt or sticking to his plan, depending on your view point.

Was it the best. No
But I give a 6/10 could do better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Debandez

lindisfel

Expert
I am having designs on a **** Pheasant that eats my bird seed. I shall have to practice with my catapult if the meat gets sold out. :)

The censoring is bizarre, it is the normal word for a male pheasant that was censored.