What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My painting on the SketchClubApp tonight.

I am struggling at the moment. I have been busy today, washing, gardening, working at starting a facebook group with my art group, but they cannot even figure out how to accept a group invitation (only one figured it out, the others said it was too hard), tidying, doing a collaboration with someone using Pages (we are now on version 5 of this collaboration). I need to go into hermitude from self isolation....

My painting....

4C3C61A4-1D5C-4EB7-8060-CD722950AF44.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

I am struggling at the moment. I have been busy today, washing, gardening, working at starting a facebook group with my art group, but they cannot even figure out how to accept a group invitation (only one figured it out, the others said it was too hard), tidying, doing a collaboration with someone using Pages (we are now on version 5 of this collaboration). I need to go into hermitude from self isolation....

My painting....

View attachment 39565
Amazing painting but clearly a frustrating day. Better to have tried and not completely succeeded than not to try so a winner for making the effort to keep the group together and absolutely winner for the art. Hope your hermitude doesn't preclude this forum and sharing your amazing artwork.

Last edited:
Reactions: Antje77

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

My painting....

View attachment 39565

How beautiful. Thank you.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Completed inputting all the emails into Outlook Contacts. 19 classes. Did the first lesson plan and sent out out with some additional exercise sheets.

Almost went without a hitch. The System Administrator (whatever that is) threw a hissy fit and refused to deliver the emails because there were to many recipients - so I had to send them out in smaller batches.

I am really absolutely shattered now, but it is a good feeling to have got the first lesson plan out without a hitch. Still work to do as will have to sort out the ones to post as some class members don't have a printer.

I am so behind with the posts and am looking forward to relaxing a bit over the weekend and catching up. fbs this morning was 5.5.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 - new libre sensor and much more accurate.

Today went by in a flash. But me and Eric managed 2 walks. One around beautiful award winning Stanley Park and the other down the magnificent Blackpool prom. We ensured our personal space was protected at all times. Didn't bump in to anyone we know thankfully (can't believe I'm even saying that).

More restrictions coming in and financial support packages. My daughter in law runs 3 pubs. Not a good day for her but definitely the right decision to close whilst we get to grips with this invisible enemy.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Completed inputting all the emails into Outlook Contacts. 19 classes. Did the first lesson plan and sent out out with some additional exercise sheets.

Almost went without a hitch. The System Administrator (whatever that is) threw a hissy fit and refused to deliver the emails because there were to many recipients - so I had to send them out in smaller batches.

I am really absolutely shattered now, but it is a good feeling to have got the first lesson plan out without a hitch. Still work to do as will have to sort out the ones to post as some class members don't have a printer.

I am so behind with the posts and am looking forward to relaxing a bit over the weekend and catching up. fbs this morning was 5.5.

Congratulations on getting it done! Despite the System Administrator (these computer-brains need a course in management skills ;) ).
I just heard the governor of California on TV addressing Californians. He said "We're not just here along on the ride. We're gonna raise the ante and bend the curve."
I know California is at the Far Side of the continent, but I used to think they spoke English out there! I'll just believe he was trying to be reassuring, because I really have no idea what he said. :confused:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just off to bed, and as you might guess here in the capital life is pretty stressed at the moment.

But each night for a few weeks I have doing that "tap" of the thighs video @gennepher sent in.
Works well most nights..
Tonight I had barely got to three taps and yarning like a good un .. so recommended.

A new normal weekend here tomorrow,
We don't go bars clubs or anywhere else that often, so let's see what changes the day brings.

Stay safe.
All x

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I just Googled "how to keep people out of your personal space at the grocery store," and this was the first bit of advice that popped up:
It has subtitles.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
not sure if I will be classed as a a selfish panic buyer. In Aldi yesterday I bought an extra box of Nespresso compatible coffee capsules. I did feel guilty because l only needed one box.
Many stores are limiting to 3 of each item so I would say don't worry

Reactions: jjraak

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Oh my that brought a tear, my Boo did that, he so loved collecting big sticks on the farm. I miss him, he was a great friend

View attachment 39572
View attachment 39573
Your post made the tears roll down my cheeks like pushing a button. Boo looks like he was a very fun friend to have!
I've said goodbye to my best friend Hidde last december and still tears as soon as someone mentions a dog passing away.
Hidde didn't do sticks but he was a very good sailor!

23561849_10213351476895745_1222910505403827877_n.jpg

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh my that brought a tear, my Boo did that, he so loved collecting big sticks on the farm. I miss him, he was a great friend

View attachment 39572
View attachment 39573
and @Antje77
It's a Labrador thing.
All my Labradors over the years have carried huge branches.
I don't think any of my Labs would have made good sailors they would have spent more time in the water than on the boat. :joyful:

Reactions: Ryhia

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
and @Antje77
It's a Labrador thing.
All my Labradors over the years have carried huge branches.
I don't think any of my Labs would have made good sailors they would have spent more time in the water than on the boat. :joyful:
Ah, that must be it then! Not a clue what kind of breed Hidde was but definitely not a labrador!
Funny thing, I have a lab or half-lab friend named Boeh, which is pronounced Boo :)
Boeh is the dog of friends of mine.
12115793_10205164324372307_6017329588812191820_n.jpg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Amazing painting but clearly a frustrating day. Better to have tried and not completely succeeded than not to try so a winner for making the effort to keep the group together and absolutely winner for the art. Hope your hermitude doesn't preclude this forum and sharing your amazing artwork.
Thank you @ianpspurs
Hermitude does not preclude this forum and sharing artwork.
It is the rest of the idiots in this world, all my friends are included in the idiots of this world because they wouldn't get on the internet, or get on the internet properly, and now are texting me saying 'Look this up for us please' or 'can you find out when such and such is open'...that was yesterday, and I had no time for my own solitude time.
Today my phone will be put in a faraday cage/bag between the hours of such and such and I won't see these inane requests coming in until too late.

Yesterday was an online friend who had gone to pieces, who wanted me to help in a Pages collaboration, something I have not done before, she is not a native English speaker and wanted this 3 page document to flow in good English, so I was having to learn new skills yesterday. It was keeping her sane, but tipped me over the edge a bit.

Sorry to offload this on you, but that was the story where I was at yesterday (as well as all the other stupid uncertainty)

Thank you

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Your post made the tears roll down my cheeks like pushing a button. Boo looks like he was a very fun friend to have!
I've said goodbye to my best friend Hidde last december and still tears as soon as someone mentions a dog passing away.
Hidde didn't do sticks but he was a very good sailor!

23561849_10213351476895745_1222910505403827877_n.jpg
He looks a very good friend. He is beautiful.
You must miss him lots. I still miss Meg, my Hearing Dog for the Deaf, who died in 2016 after giving me 13 years of Service.
Take care @Antje77