What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Was wondering the same as you - found this below have not read the whole thing just the abstract but it looks like a distinct possibility that even a person's breathe can carry the virus and when you consider how far cigarette smoke travels so much for any 2 metre isolation zone.

https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/10.1089/jam.1997.10.105
Abstract
Droplets carried in exhaled breath may carry microorganisms capable of transmitting disease over both short and long distances. The size distribution of such droplets will influence the type of organisms that may be carried as well as strategies for controlling airborne infection. The aim of this study was to characterize the size distribution of droplets exhaled by healthy individuals. Exhaled droplets from human subjects performing four respiratory actions (mouth breathing, nose breathing, coughing, talking) were measured by both an optical particle counter (OPC) and an analytical transmission electron microscope (AEM). The OPC indicated a preponderance of particles less than 1 μ, although larger particles were also found. Measurements with the AEM confirmed the existence of larger sized droplets in the exhaled breath. In general, coughing produced the largest droplet concentrations and nose breathing the least, although considerable intersubject variability was observed.

Very interesting info. Thank you for posting it.
Considering how much smokers cough, and that @Muddy Cyclist 's "neighbors" are talking, I'm glad MC is thinking of asking his local councilor to do something about them.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Looks like my post has been superseded by @OldButBolds more thorough research. Thank you OBB.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello again everyone. Forgot to tell my True story.

Listening to radio in car last Tuesday, worrying about virus at my destination, Asda, when on came a radio ad.

"Why not enjoy freshly-brewed tea and delicious cakes at the newly refurbished "Friends Cafe" at the (local) General Hospital?"

Someone is crazy. This isn't funny.

I agree.
Commercial TV here is showing similar ads. :banghead:

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Well I found myself in a hospital and a pharmacy today a very long way from home. Friend woke up with badly oozing wound so after a few phone calls and packing a food bag we set off for the 4 hour round trip. As suspected slight infection and antibiotics prescribed along with stash of paracetemol and codeine. Then I was dropped in the middle of Hastings to go to Boots where I waited 20 mins for meds. They were policing the door and only allowing a few people in at a time and it was a big shop. Clutching my Dettox wipes I watched as the pharmacist blew his nose into a tissue binned it and made no effort to wash or sanitise his hands, carried on dispensing meds. Maybe I should have said something but he was a very unfriendly fella. While I was paying contactless he pushed the hand sanitiser on the counter but it was too late for me. Back home and all exhausted. Cooking turkey crown and sprouts for later. Need prayers, we are back there in a week.

Reactions: DJC3

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All
Well I found myself in a hospital and a pharmacy today a very long way from home. Friend woke up with badly oozing wound so after a few phone calls and packing a food bag we set off for the 4 hour round trip. As suspected slight infection and antibiotics prescribed along with stash of paracetemol and codeine. Then I was dropped in the middle of Hastings to go to Boots where I waited 20 mins for meds. They were policing the door and only allowing a few people in at a time and it was a big shop. Clutching my Dettox wipes I watched as the pharmacist blew his nose into a tissue binned it and made no effort to wash or sanitise his hands, carried on dispensing meds. Maybe I should have said something but he was a very unfriendly fella. While I was paying contactless he pushed the hand sanitiser on the counter but it was too late for me. Back home and all exhausted. Cooking turkey crown and sprouts for later. Need prayers, we are back there in a week.

Prayers and hugs. :)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
An autistic friend just sent me this, people on the spectrum often see things in a different way. Thought I'd share ;)

View attachment 39609

Thanks for this, one of my daughters has recently been diagnosed as on the autistic spectrum, and a lot of things now are falling into place for her ( and me ) I will show her this and I’m sure it will help.

Reactions: jjraak

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello again everyone. Forgot to tell my True story.

Listening to radio in car last Tuesday, worrying about virus at my destination, Asda, when on came a radio ad.

"Why not enjoy freshly-brewed tea and delicious cakes at the newly refurbished "Friends Cafe" at the (local) General Hospital?"

Someone is crazy. This isn't funny.

Oh dear! Someone forgot to cancel the ad.

Reactions: True Blue

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All

Oh goodness what a worrying and stressful day for you all. Glad you got paracetamol on prescription though, and I hope the antibiotics kick in very soon. Terrible actions by the pharmacist, even though he was probably highly stressed there’s no excuse for the appalling lack of procedure. Lots of love and hugs coming your way.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi All
Loads of hugs for you @PenguinMum

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I watched as the pharmacist blew his nose into a tissue binned it and made no effort to wash or sanitise his hands, carried on dispensing meds
Actually I wasn't lost for words - it was just that they weren't the sort of words you could post on this forum.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was in the garden working in the sun today. That was good, but came in to do a collaboration with someone, and immediately brain went into overload and flatlined... I can't watch YouTube because the little wheel just goes round and round and round...

I will try and do my digital painting now. ..

Reactions: jjraak

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Actually I wasn't lost for words - it was just that they weren't the sort of words you could post on this forum.
Thanks and to @DJC3 @SaskiaKC and @gennepher. it was surreal and he was standing right next to the sink at the time. I really should have told him, bad on me, I am ashamed. I am not going to have fisty cuffs in the supermarket, not planning to go there, but health “ professional” doing that I need to up my game. I have needed distraction of videos of son’s 8 week old new kitten and tonight’s Turkey & Sprout dinner!

Reactions: DJC3

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks and to @DJC3 @SaskiaKC and @gennepher. it was surreal and he was standing right next to the sink at the time. I really should have told him, bad on me, I am ashamed. I am not going to have fisty cuffs in the supermarket, not planning to go there, but health “ professional” doing that I need to up my game. I have needed distraction of videos of son’s 8 week old new kitten and tonight’s Turkey & Sprout dinner!
Don't be ashamed of yourself @PenguinMum
Sometimes you have to be wise to the situation and everything around it.
I agree it was bad, very bad, but you do not want to start a volatile situation when there are others around you who are also waiting in that surreal situation.
Be kind to yourself.
Hugs x

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My digital art painting for today.
I was okay most of the day, then went in a 'funny' weird mood earlier.
Cat Popeye has been strange all day today, as though he is picking something up.
I couldn't shake my weird feeling/mood, and so have been working on this digital painting in SketchClubApp and putting it through Snapseed App, then working and drawing and blending in SketchClub, then Snapseed, and back and forth until I got this result. It has taken me a couple of hours. But finally I think I have calmed down to be able to go to sleep now.
The ravens have been flying over all day making a horrible noise, and then walking in the road as though they own it...scary...

570C492F-3840-47E3-8C83-3A1ED787C1B7.jpeg

Edit at 3am: This digital painting is inspired by a small pot holder I have...it is an angel face half covered with moss, and she makes me think of the Borg, as though she has been assimilated into the Collective.

Last edited: