What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We put a online shopping order in at Woolies under this priority home delivery service, we waited a day for the shelves to be restocked after the weekend. We got eight substitutions, except for there being no toilet paper or paper towel still.

All of the delivery windows for yesterday were gone, as were the early morning ones for this morning (Tuesday) ours is coming between 10:00 - 13:00 under this service.
SIL got back to me - they've been approved for the priority home delivery too. She says thanks so much. She managed to get a pack of 4 toilet rolls at Aldi after 20 attempts at various shops.

D

Deleted member 308541

SIL got back to me - they've been approved for the priority home delivery too. She says thanks so much. She managed to get a pack of 4 toilet rolls at Aldi after 20 attempts at various shops.
Great to hear SIL got accepted, not to worried about toilet paper as we have a fair bit both at home and out at the block.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
B: sweet omelette with carb free syrup

L: bit of brie

D: veggie curries from freezer made a couple of weeks ago by Mr C - Bombay celeriac, aubergine curry, spiced spinach and a mushroom one. Very nice - and the house smells gorgeous.

All my neighbours seem to be working from home as is Mr C's boss but Mr C is still going in to work (which I'm worrying about) apparently they can't provide him with a remote log in to an essential system - or something like that.

Food availability here seems a bit patchy - i can't get an Asda home delivery slot at all - all slots for the next three weeks are full but our local fairly small Sainsbury is reasonable well stocked apart from no loo roll, bread, paracetamol, decent red wine, dog food or other basics.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: piri piri snacks and cheese cubes followed Greek yoghurt, coffee chia pudding and LC chocolate granola.
Mid afternoon: salted caramel phd bar with a black coffee.
Dinner: Beef burger with salad and coleslaw followed by SF jelly, cream and macadamia and coconut keto granola.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Vital supplies alert. Deliciously Guilt Free have a limited edition, possibly final batch of Double Chocolate Brownies for sale. Supplier issues for one of the ingredients but they’ve found a small supply. My order has just been placed!

D

Deleted member 308541

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Woolies have just delivered our priority online order right on the dot of 10:00 am as per the window opening.

Had some substituted items, fish, cheese, oily olive.

The tasty cheddar cheese we normally get was substituted for Coon Tasty cheese which was a higher value item. :D

Thinking out loud I wonder if the brand name would be allowed elsewhere but Australia

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/491254/coon-cheese-block-tasty

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coon_cheese
How does it work exactly regarding the window opening of your delivery I have been approved for it but have not used as yet as not needed anything at the moment. Its crazy times at the moment.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I just had my text from Boris - whuch arrived at the same time as Mr C phoned to say there are more people out and about and cars / lorries on the road than there was yesterday. Mr C has gone to work as the commodity his company moves around falls into one of the non food retailers category allowed to remain open.

On his usual 5am dog walk he bumped into a group of joggers he's never seen before. I think they probably learned a lesson from Jack about jogging towards a dog owner walking loose large dogs.... I doubt they'll do that again. Apparently Jack was doing his best guard dog impersonation - hunkered down, hackles up, teeth showing, manic eyes and a big, big bark. Then Millie trotted towards then looking for a treat (as she does) and they all ran away.

Food today...

B: Usual omelette with carb free maple and walnut syrup.

L: A Schneider brot cheese and tomato sandwich.

D: Baked camembert with roast broccoli

I've just been trying to cheer myself up with drawing out a summer plan for the gardens.... then realised that buying the plants might be a bit of a problem.I

Stay safe everyone x

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I just had my text from Boris - whuch arrived at the same time as Mr C phoned to say there are more people out and about and cars / lorries on the road than there was yesterday. Mr C has gone to work as the commodity his company moves around falls into one of the non food retailers category allowed to remain open.

On his usual 5am dog walk he bumped into a group of joggers he's never seen before. I think they probably learned a lesson from Jack about jogging towards a dog owner walking loose large dogs.... I doubt they'll do that again. Apparently Jack was doing his best guard dog impersonation - hunkered down, hackles up, teeth showing, manic eyes and a big, big bark. Then Millie trotted towards then looking for a treat (as she does) and they all ran away.

Food today...

I've just been trying to cheer myself up with drawing out a summer plan for the gardens.... then realised that buying the plants might be a bit of a problem.I

Stay safe everyone x

Chook, I have just learned that DIY and hardware stores are considered essential services, so it's likely places like B&Q, Wilko and the like will stock plants, and of course, these days, there's always internet plant shopping.

Our new normal will be different, that's for sure.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Chook, I have just learned that DIY and hardware stores are considered essential services, so it's likely places like B&Q, Wilko and the like will stock plants, and of course, these days, there's always internet plant shopping.

Our new normal will be different, that's for sure.

I've just found out that our village post office is coordinating a bulk order to a commercial grower for anyone in the village who is interested. She normally sells a few geraniums and other bits and pieces but has decided expanded it for this year through Facebook. As you say our new normal is very different.

I understand from Mr C that there may be some restrictions on how large hardware stores can sell their goods. Probably along the click and collect model. He hasn't said yet if they are doing garden stuff yet.

Reactions: maglil55

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

Food today...

Stay safe everyone x
I'll see your text and raise you a stay in place for 12 weeks letter. I was going to offer to plant and harvest salad for Gs in the wild and windswept fens for a staff discount as well. Today's main meal will be tuna and avocado salad. Interesting incident with my carer using wrong syrup - 75% carbs and liberally applied - in my coffee. Tested an hour later - 7.2 - mentioned to carer who said - oh yeah, forgot to say .... Interesting 3 months ahead

Reactions: maglil55

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Tomorrow I'll be making an oxtail stew again :hungry:
The tail was rather small and my pot is big so I bought some other kind of meat to add as well (sukadelap, no idea what that is in English) and lots of veggies, both for the stew and for the guinea pigs.

Someone on a give it away group on Facebook gave away an opened bottle of red wine to add. They put it in their front yard so I could pick it up without the risk of spreading the virus and I blew them an air-kiss through the window :)

I borrowed my neighbour's bigger slow-cooking thing, which will make stirring the pot much safer than with my own small one. His has two flames instead of one so I expect the heat will spread more evenly as well so I won't have to stir so often.

90766725_10220214371383818_8515770840489394176_o.jpg

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Vital supplies alert. Deliciously Guilt Free have a limited edition, possibly final batch of Double Chocolate Brownies for sale. Supplier issues for one of the ingredients but they’ve found a small supply. My order has just been placed!
Thanks for the heads up. That's my order done too (and the hazelnut and chocolate blondies) oh ...and the blueberry and lemon drizzle. Well I have had 10 weeks where I have avoided them.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Black coffee til lunch
L: LoDough wrap with smoked salmon, 1/2 avocado, mayo and leaves.
D: https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-thai-fish-curry-coconut then a slice of LC choc cake from the freezer with cream and blueberries.
We are still in quarantine due to daughter’s partner’s cough but our lovely butcher said he’d drop some meat off to us on his way home. He said I can pay him when I next go in. What a blooming marvellous chap!
A friend asked if we needed any essentials from the Co-op - yes! I asked for double cream and Parmesan. I realise these probably don’t seem like essentials to most people but she was fine with it, most of the meals I cook have one or other ingredient in.
Hired a local secure dog walking paddock for Dennis to run around for an hour this afternoon. Gorgeous sunny day again.
@ianpspurs was your letter from the hospital because of your recent treatment? Sorry to hear that, but I’m sure for the best.
@Chook I hope your Jack has made those joggers think twice about going out in a group.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tomorrow I'll be making an oxtail stew again :hungry:
The tail was rather small and my pot is big so I bought some other kind of meat to add as well (sukadelap, no idea what that is in English) and lots of veggies, both for the stew and for the guinea pigs.

Someone on a give it away group on Facebook gave away an opened bottle of red wine to add. They put it in their front yard so I could pick it up without the risk of spreading the virus and I blew them an air-kiss through the window :)

I borrowed my neighbour's bigger slow-cooking thing, which will make stirring the pot much safer than with my own small one. His has two flames instead of one so I expect the heat will spread more evenly as well so I won't have to stir so often.

90766725_10220214371383818_8515770840489394176_o.jpg
I LOVE the fact I know that is your bathroom floor, AND that the reason you are cooking in your bathroom is to prevent the kittens from melting their curious whiskers :D:D:D

Reactions: Chook and ianpspurs

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Woolies have just delivered our priority online order right on the dot of 10:00 am as per the window opening.

Had some substituted items, fish, cheese, oily olive.

The tasty cheddar cheese we normally get was substituted for Coon Tasty cheese which was a higher value item. :D

Thinking out loud I wonder if the brand name would be allowed elsewhere but Australia

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/491254/coon-cheese-block-tasty

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coon_cheese
Probably not. Although I am reminded of a photograph my late brother took in USA. He was so stunned when he saw it that he had to take a photo. It was a crematorium and it was called "Crispy Coon".

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Black coffee til lunch
L: LoDough wrap with smoked salmon, 1/2 avocado, mayo and leaves.
D: https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-thai-fish-curry-coconut then a slice of LC choc cake from the freezer with cream and blueberries.
We are still in quarantine due to daughter’s partner’s cough but our lovely butcher said he’d drop some meat off to us on his way home. He said I can pay him when I next go in. What a blooming marvellous chap!
A friend asked if we needed any essentials from the Co-op - yes! I asked for double cream and Parmesan. I realise these probably don’t seem like essentials to most people but she was fine with it, most of the meals I cook have one or other ingredient in.
Hired a local secure dog walking paddock for Dennis to run around for an hour this afternoon. Gorgeous sunny day again.
@ianpspurs was your letter from the hospital because of your recent treatment? Sorry to hear that, but I’m sure for the best.
@Chook I hope your Jack has made those joggers think twice about going out in a group.
Letter was signed from my GP practice. Things are so bad I'm actively investigating DD recipes. Local farm shop will get back to me about a contactless collection for half a pig, half a lamb and salad box. We have ordered another fridge freezer for the "to be continued" kitchen diner and I will resume metformin probs x 3. 5 way video chat this afternoon including 90 yo MIL and sleeping 10 month GD. Take care.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3