What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nope...and the mail has been today @ianpspurs
T2 not on the list in my letter. The cancer from last summer (or still lurking - Jan test was all clear but not 1 year till September) is the reason. I'm not a fan of salad washed in Wright's coal tar but Julie has a keen sense of humour + stocks of handwash need preserving. My letter makes it clear we can't both be in the kitchen together so I may not be doing all the cooking as I usually do:angelic:

Last edited:
Reactions: alf_Josiah

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ianpspurs

Just got a text with a link.
I open link
Here is screenshot
1585056732134.jpg

So is that it?
I was half expect ing more restrictions.
So is this one just cos I am over 70?
Might there be a more specific one later?

Reactions: jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs

Just got a text with a link.
I open link
Here is screenshot
View attachment 39663

So is that it?
I was half expect ing more restrictions.
So is this one just cos I am over 70?
Might there be a more specific one later?
No it is a letter saying: The NHS has identified you as someone at risk of severe illness if you catch Coronavirus and has your NHS number in big bold type at the top.
To combine posts I just had a very nervous moment. Tested after a coffee +1 hr and was in 7s. Alarmed and mentioned to Julie who said: "oh, forget to say I put the wrong syrup in and whole milk". Syrup is 74% carb so in some ways I think my body did quite well. So much for stay out of the kitchen when she is in there for 3 months. Goodness knows what bg will be by then:arghh:

Last edited:

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have I just found a cheat???

Signed up to UberEats viewed my local garage (which has a pretty good little shop), ordered basic stuff and it was delivered 20 mins later with no delivery charge or minimum order :)

Need to explore more stores ;)

Reactions: dunelm

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hope you all still have Internet.
Ours just went off.
Using my phone but can't continue this way -- need to save data.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No it is a letter saying: The NHS has identified you as someone at risk of severe illness if you catch Coronavirus and has your NHS number in big bold type at the top.
To combine posts I just had a very nervous moment. Tested after a coffee +1 hr and was in 7s. Alarmed and mentioned to Julie who said oh, forget to say I put the wrong syrup in and whole milk. Syrup is 74% carb so in some ways I think my body did quite well. So much for stay out of the kitchen when she is in there for 3 months. Goodness knows what bg will be by then:arghh:
Ah I understand now.
So any of us might get one of those in the next couple days depending on our health issues.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah I understand now.
So any of us might get one of those in the next couple days depending on our health issues.
For those of you living alone I sincerely hope you don't but at least it makes very clear what I need to do and means moving here will be very important. Boys can drop shopping on doorstop - no system as in Aus (and probs elsewhere) to register for priority deliveries (as yet)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I hope you all still have Internet.
Ours just went off.
Using my phone but can't continue this way -- need to save data.
Hi Saskia yes I have better internet than recent days. Maybe depends on local demand. I am feeling a bit odd today, avhy and very tired. FBG was high for no reason temp 37.2. We’ll see. So lovely to hear from you and best wishes to you and the KC for a sunny day. Mr Fuzz around intermittently in past two days so I am wondering if he has paternal responsibilities.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For those of you living alone I sincerely hope you don't but at least it makes very clear what I need to do and means moving here will be very important. Boys can drop shopping on doorstop - no system as in Aus (and probs elsewhere) to register for priority deliveries (as yet)
Thank you @ianpspurs
I am totally stuck if they did that to me.
I don't have any family nearby to help.
Obviously for safety I limit everything outside as much as possible. But I have the illusion of limited freedom, if I don't get a letter with further restrictions.
That illusion is important to me.
You take care.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @ianpspurs
Obviously for safety I limit everything outside as much as possible. But I have the illusion of limited freedom, if I don't get a letter with further restrictions.
You take care.
You take care of yourself and Popeye @gennepher . Realistically, nothing much will change in 12 weeks. My horizon is the 18 months to 2 - at least? - years until a vaccine appears. If bg goes a little awry due to restrictions and specific food shortages it can be pulled back - I know how to do that. Very Bee Gees right now especially NHS staff, undertakers, all deemed needed to put themselves and their family in harm's way for the greater good. My bg or freedom are of no flipping importance unless I hinder the medics through wilful neglect. Besides, clocks go forward this weekend so I'll get an extra hour indoors:) and Spurs can't flop for weeks.
And we're stayin' alive, stayin' alive
Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin' alive, stayin' alive
Ah, ha, ha, ha, stayin' alive

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @ianpspurs
You take care.
People who get the letter and are on their own with no outside help some sort of basic food package is supposed to be delivered by volunteers or the armed forces.

I have no idea how it works and it probably won't if online shopping is anything to go by.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
is it time we all wore masks ?

yes, i know that say it doesn't protect the wearer.

but is that they best use for it anyway?

if I wear a mask..i limit your exposure to my germs, coughs or sneezes.

me wearing one, protects YOU more then it protects me.

maybe we need to get out of our comfort zone and stop the "masks don't work"

if we want the best chances as a society, to slow the spread of this Virus.

I do NOT want to see an italy or a s spain here.

If we want to stay in what is that doing...stopping our germs travelling to others.

would not stopping THAT spread of germs, by masks as well, not be sensible /

Story i read is the WHO may be advising at some point.

the french lost 5 doctors, and italy has lost as has spain etc.

WHAT do we have to lose, right now. ..?

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Winner for continuing to post. Obviously you and people who know your history already knew you were in the very vulnerable group. Hug for your and Mrs Alf's worry at this time and winner because you have retained your, admittedly quirky, sense of humour. If possible post when you can so we know you are ok.

Thanks for the understanding, I shall post until I get banned for my comments and more likely Mrs J kills me.
Take care wash your hands and stay at home as Boris the Beast says, alot of serious science is behind him.

Hand and footnote
I hope he doesn't suffer from flatulence whoops a comment too far

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
WHAT do we have to lose, right now. ..?

Nothing at all, I wear mine which I got before it kicked off here. It's N95 rated (yes the one in the ninja picture) and if they don't work then why do ALL hospital workers wear them when treating those already infected?

All the doctors and support staff that I know say they work, there just aren't enough to supply the general population so it is 'easier' to say they don't work.

Other views are available ;)

Reactions: jjraak

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
has trump shut up fauci ?

open for business come easter....:woot:
point made that NY state is running parallel with italy....ITALY..*** :wideyed::woot:

And over here we have hancock , knocking it out of the park in the 'yeah i'm on it' stakes..:rolleyes:

who seems to not understand how the amazon model works.

THEY are a successful business, because when we order it arrives in days.

Hancock, on the other hand, seem to keep ordering hundred and thousands of all the basics we need to survive through what THIS govt is rapidly turning from a crisis into a absolute catastrophe.

and yet every thing he says hes ordered, doesn't seem to arrive...tests, PPE, .and of course someone is in charge of food, ..right ..........isn't someone.....................:wideyed::***:

he has had SINCE Jan 2020, to see, explore and order as much and stockpile as much as he could, just in case
yet doctors are still working without adequate protection.
how dare he pay TRIBUTE to them while his indifference / incompetence is going to sacrifice so many..

And food is fine, just relax, yet many are finding food hard to come across, on line and now are driven to do what they really don't or shouldn't want to do,
queue up with a other where more then one or two and increasing more each day, WILL be spreading the infection.
in what way does that help anyone of us.

HOW can any of us believe that is right..?

Public inquiry after this,
should be pretty quick, the accused readily name themselves.
and guilt is there for all to see.
we just get police to seize the BBC archives from this period

Last edited: