What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today in the grocery store I was in the checkout line, 6 feet away from a young woman with a young child in front of me, when a man crowded up behind me and started hitting on her. I told him to move back six feet. He said no. I said he had to, there was tape on the floor, and it was the rule.
He then called me a racist. He said I wanted him to move away because I was a racist.
There is no reasoning with people who think that way. I called for the manager and another customer said "They're all really busy." I said they are supposed to be on the floor to protect their customers, but that I was being physically threatened and verbally accused by this guy.
Nobody cared.
I had to get in another line. The woman who opened up the new checkout lane is the same woman who a few minutes earlier had come speeding down the aisle and nearly knocked me and my shopping cart down, and when I glared at her she laughed at me.
Hugs @SaskiaKC

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
They are Krystyna growing so fast...never stop eating or using the litter tray but making a difference especially in isolation watched them from the dining room in the garden Lola was stalking the grass so funny.
I must admit I am also really enjoying being with Poppy and Archie so much more than I would normally be if I was working.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Certainly appeals to me more than the others

Me too. Today I was in the middle of the grocery store when I got a call from the small-town apartment manager saying they are not letting anyone move in now. I was so disappointed that I went and bought a whole bottle of wine. I would have bought bourbon if the store sold hard liquor, but I can mix the wine with some lemonade.

That was before the confrontation with the guy crowding into my space. I was already wanting to come home and open the bottle of wine and proceed to get quietly drunk.

Only problem is, I don't really drink. Before I ever drink enough to get drunk I get a headache and then all I want to do is go lie down and literally fall asleep.

t0304.gif
t0305.gif
t2239.gif

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Me too. Today I was in the middle of the grocery store when I got a call from the small-town apartment manager saying they are not letting anyone move in now.

so sorry to hear that @SaskiaKC
i know how much you were looking forward to the move.

best wishes once all this is over, the move is back on asap
and you and KC can enjoy your new forever home.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today's Watercolour Second in my Light and Tree series, giving my art series titles sounds proper posh, like I know what I'm doing, David Hockney eat your heart out. :joyful: So A4 about 2 hours 30 mins.....

IMG_2858.JPG

Two done, one to go.

Reactions: karen8967

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
here's one for the ladies
and men brave enough to face the truth...

so we do seem to be the weaker sex....:arghh:

but on the plus side man flu is real..:D

covid so please ignore .

move along nothing to see.

3:40
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000h7st

12:50 Dots..interesting, worth the listen

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Me too. Today I was in the middle of the grocery store when I got a call from the small-town apartment manager saying they are not letting anyone move in now. I was so disappointed
Oh that's proper bad news, so sorry. I trust they will leave the vacancy open for you once this virus is all sorted.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fascinated. Maybe you and @OldButBold if he says up to it poor soul, can throw some light on where I have gone wrong. Tried Zoom for folk band and Recorder Quartet but limited to 40mins. However you mentioned 8ish to 11 did you pay? Must look again. Sounds like you had a great time.

@jjraak word for today?
For info

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200403-221205_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200403-221205_Samsung Internet.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 78

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh that's proper bad news, so sorry. I trust they will leave the vacancy open for you once this virus is all sorted.

They said they would. But I wonder when?
All along I have had a hunch that something would happen to prevent this move. I get these hunches, and they usually turn out to be accurate.
Maybe I just wanted this one too much. When I really really want things it usually means I won't get them. At least that's what experience has taught me. :(

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you, most useful. I did have a quick look but missed this. Affordable if rest of members of both groups are up for it.
That's what I thought. Will be brilliant pulling all the musicians together. You should record it and post it online for inspiration to others :)

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today's Watercolour Second in my Light and Tree series, giving my art series titles sounds proper posh, like I know what I'm doing, David Hockney eat your heart out. :joyful: So A4 about 2 hours 30 mins.....

View attachment 39979

Two done, one to go.

Beautiful. You definitely know what you are doing. Thank you for posting this.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
All along I have had a hunch that something would happen to prevent this move. I get these hunches, and they usually turn out to be accurate.
Maybe I just wanted this one too much. When I really really want things it usually means I won't get them. At least that's what experience has taught me. :(

aw @Saskia hard not to hear the disappointment in your posts,
and rightly so

however if i may offer another viewpoint. ?

you are moving to where i think you will love,

but currently across the world there is a virus that is killing many.
the place you are moving to, to protect those already there are
( as you WILL be at some point..) has reacted swiftly to protect it's residents

that to me inspires confidence.

this is no fly by night , profit driven company.
they care about their residents.

you will move once this is over, ...and i think looking back,
will be grateful that they take such great care of those residing
within their walls....( and their Kitten cats, obv...:) )

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.
A 5.5 this morning.

Happy Friday folks.
I have dyed my hair NHS blue as a mark of respect for the NHS staff in their war against this virus. Don't think it isn't a war. It is.
Now DON'T get out there to fight on the beaches, or in the fields or anywhere, fight by staying at home.
Stay well, stay strong, stay at home.View attachment 39951
And I thought you were joking, you know, an April fool.....I should have known better. This is brilliant. Well done. Lovely shade of blue too. Suits you Alf.

Reactions: ianpspurs and Ryhia

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I do hope that you won't have too long to wait.