What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher sorry to hear that Popeye is being stalked in this way must be very distressing for both you and Popeye.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you. You too. :)

Actually I came home and drank nearly a bottle of chocolate milk. So my head will probably be fine in the morning but my FBG will be through the roof.
Gosh that's so decadent of you ;).

Sorry to hear that you will not be moving but the right time will come and at least you have friends and neighbours where you are that can look out for you. Malachi 4:2 cheered me up. Just waiting this for isolation to pass so I can dance out of my stall.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Gosh that's so decadent of you ;).

Sorry to hear that you will not be moving but the right time will come and at least you have friends and neighbours where you are that can look out for you. Malachi 4:2 cheered me up. Just waiting this for isolation to pass so I can dance out of my stall.
Frolic away. Judging by your signature your calves are well turned rather than well fed.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all,

Day #6 - woke twice coughing but not that bad, the first night of 'proper' sleep 6 hrs. Temp still ok 36.1 bloods still up thru steroids at 6.8

Breathing is tight but I have 3 different inhalers. Walking isn't clever, slow and short or you stand still for a while.

I should be peaking this weekend and I know it's not as bad as it could be so I am grateful. Wishing everyone a fine weekend :)

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this lovely sunny morning. Doggies walked. Did a stupid thing - sun was in my eyes and I didn't see a deep hole in the field and managed twist my ankle as I fell over.

So now am sitting with an ice pack on my ankle while Mr K makes the coffee. Am very lucky that nothing is broken.

Have done class lesson plan no.5. Having problems sending them out as my email is only working sporadically. At first I thought it was my Computer but I now think it is probably my email provider. It works for a little while and then says that I don't have the correct password. Phone says the same thing.

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all,

Day #6 - woke twice coughing but not that bad, the first night of 'proper' sleep 6 hrs. Temp still ok 36.1 bloods still up thru steroids at 6.8

Breathing is tight but I have 3 different inhalers. Walking isn't clever, slow and short or you stand still for a while.

I should be peaking this weekend and I know it's not as bad as it could be so I am grateful. Wishing everyone a fine weekend :)
So pleased to read your post. Looks like you are on the mend. Really good news.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all,

Good to hear OBB.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...no routine nothing really pressing but what a busy day already...straight onto the emails hundreds to deal with most replied to & now deleted...then onto the internet to source food for the kittens who eat so much we've got through almost a hundred sachets in just ten days...another 100 ordered plus a ten litre bag of dried food I don't like them having too much so it for just in case we are near to running out...no FBG or temperature this morning TBH I'd forgotten about those...still no online shopping so will have to brave the supermarkets leaving that until Monday think we can stretch it out until then...keep safe everyone.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Thought this may be more up your street...
View attachment 39978
04-042020
6am FBG 5.6
forgot to have breakfast.
7am FBG 5.3

Can I have one in each colour? please. MrSlim can have the red, but I would prefer white.
Had a good day yesterday. Completely successful shopping trip, far less stressful as well, visiting local stores.
Went to the nearest shop, we don't use it much as it's expensive, but the owners are friendly. Madame tries to engage me in conversation, in french, naturally. Monsieur was serving today. They have had to close their attatched bar and restaurant, but have expanded the range of goods to include fresh vegetables, fruit and salad. From the small quantities on offer am guessing they go to supermarket for it. But for the local people, very useful. Monsieur put the gas bottle in the car for me. Then I realised the wallet was still in my scruffy work jacket pocket. Ofc I had changed to go out. He was kind. And understanding, you will come back, it's ok. So I shot off home, and returned without unloading the gas. Paid the man with fulsone apologies and then decided to go to the supermarket in the nearby little town, remembering I had seen bags of compost there. New rules for this small supermarket. 25 shoppers only. One out, one in. Bought some milk, butter and Greek yoghurt. Thinking I needed to prove "essential" supplies. Stupidly forgetting the gas is ofc completely essential. Anyway, got my three bags of compost. Off home feeling really pleased with myself. To add to my happiness, several more types of seeds have germinated. Including the peppers I had almost abandoned hope for.
MrSlim is planning to have a go at finishing the roof today. And yesterday was busy on firewood production, so am feeling a lot better all round.
@Ryhia how are you getting on with walking your fingers up the wall? Is it helping?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this lovely sunny morning. Doggies walked. Did a stupid thing - sun was in my eyes and I didn't see a deep hole in the field and managed twist my ankle as I fell over.

So now am sitting with an ice pack on my ankle while Mr K makes the coffee. Am very lucky that nothing is broken.

Have done class lesson plan no.5. Having problems sending them out as my email is only working sporadically. At first I thought it was my Computer but I now think it is probably my email provider. It works for a little while and then says that I don't have the correct password. Phone says the same thing.
Ouch sorry to hear that. At least you are working from home at the moment so you can rest it properly, and I’m glad MrK is an obliging barista

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all,

Glad it seems you are turning a corner. A proper nights sleep makes a huge difference to everything doesn’t it? hope you continue to improve.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Glad it seems you are turning a corner. A proper nights sleep makes a huge difference to everything doesn’t it? hope you continue to improve.

That sleep was just the best, makes all the difference