What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had such plans for an indoor day today! Scrub the tub. Move the packed moving boxes out of the coat closet so I can get my shopping cart back in there where it belongs and out of the way. Relocate the moving boxes to the linen closet. Wash the breakfast dishes.

Well, I scrubbed the tub last night, so, that's the work partly done. And now it's officially after noon and the boxes are still in the coat closet and the cart is still in the kitchen with the breakfast dishes.

I think I am turning into a cat ...
I think I must also be turning into a cat. At this rate the lockdown will need to last at least 2 years for me to do everything I thought I would be able to do while not working.

Reactions: DJC3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
He has not been good since yesterday @SaskiaKC
He is frustrated with those feral cats and that he cannot do anything about it.
It is like he gave up yesterday.
He lost his temper and wouldn't let me approach or touch him.
For a bit I was worried he had an infection.
But I decided he was just frustrated and upset (like some people I know who feel about this self isolation and are losing their rags).

So I have been playing binaural healing stuff off You Tube to him last night, and today.
I left him on my bed and I went into the potting shed where I have been all day with my devices. I needed a break.

I have gone in to check on him every hour or so. And he puts his head up and looks at me. His eyes are looking much brighter. I have given him small amounts of food periodically. He has not shifted off my bed since last night. But I think he is looking better in himself. Also he needs a calm me tonight in bed.

I have been sitting in the potting shed with pots and pans to throw at the feral cats (they come in over the wall behind the potting shed door), but they must know because they haven't come near this garden today...
Sorry to hear about Popeye, such a strain on you and him. Could you order a supersoaker on Amazon and blast water at them maybe, or hook up a hose if you have an outside tap. Cats do not like water unless in their bowl lol.
Mr Fuzz has changed the times of his visits and giving me the run around. He turns up for breakfast late, came back lunchtime but I only give him seed twice morning and evening and not much, he must gave a small tum. But its now 6pm and no sign of him. He does his unique run down the garden and goes through the tunnel in the bank that the foxes used to use at night. I think his wife might be in the adjoining garden where there is ground cover so we now call his route “the tunnel of love”. Its really strange that he arrived just before lockdown and he has added another dimension to our days and he is very funny. Long live Mr Fuzz!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Suddenly able to read about 2 pages of posts I couldn't see earlier so if I missed something important sorry.

I think this thread is like toilet paper and hand sanitizer -- the most popular item on the board, which had no idea it would ever be expected to keep up with the demand for these posts.

6a00d8341c795b53ef0240a4f1a8d1200d-pi

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good morning all :)

4.6 yesterday and 4.1 today

we went over to mum's yesterday to take milk and stock up her indoor log supply then was busy doing nothing much really just little bits and pieces, strange how the time can slip away from you even when there is less to do, perhaps it's easier to organise your activity when there is more time pressure?

I have to admit myself to the desire for the 'munchies' temptation group - slightly stevia sweetened dark chocolate I found just as it was being destocked at my local Tesco, I do still have a bar and a half left ;) :angelic: (currently :hilarious:)

Glad you're feeling a good bit better @OldButBold :)

Stay safe all and I hope your day treats you well :)

@Muddy Cyclist I empathise with your disappointment on the 'muddy' in your painting, 'muddy' is one of my greatest challenges, forgive me if I say it's quite heartening (to me),to see that even an accomplished artist can be ambushed by it too.

yesterdays art catch up would have been -
no 1 inspired by someone posting a dark and dramatic dark stormy photo (sorry can't find the original image), done with the new Daler Rowney paints on a sheet of thicker A5 sketch pad paper, rough pencil sketch underneath which you can still see some of
View attachment 40086
and no 2 - two images added together, both dismal in their own way. top one is painted in Windsor and Newton mud on cream craft card :( bottom is painted in Daler Rowney and has a whopping hard edged 'cloud' in the sky caused by the textured craft card not absorbing water well :hilarious: better colour though ;)

View attachment 40087

Thank you for posting these. They are lovely. I love the feel of them.

Reactions: jjraak

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Got my Click & Collect this morning from Sainsburys, should be enough for two weeks but no eggs so back to the farm shop on Saturday. Trying to keep going out to absolute minimum and when I do go out I dont feel safe at all even while taking precautions. When I loaded my shopping in the boot I wore plastic gloves which I then consigned to the bin. Then I rubbed sanatising cream onto my hands before getting back in the car. Didnt touch my face on the drive home. Opened the boot and Mr PM opened all doors to enable handwashing without touching anything on the way. Then unloaded the boot item by item antibac wiping each and placing on the hall mat. Took ages. Then went around the outside of the house to bin shopping bags , back around the front and same open route in to handwashing. Then dealt with fridge stuff, got tired so left dry items etc. They’re still on the floor lol.
I dont know if thats enough to keep the virus at bay but its the best I can do.
I'm the same, brought all the stuff in, how many bags do they think we need, one bag had one article inside. Sanitized every piece of food that was either in tins or plastic containers. But what do you do about fresh veg? I have just been rinsing with water and then been keeping them in quarantine for a few days. Managed to get eggs at my click and collect, actually had plenty but because I could see that the eggs were coming up as "sorry this item in unavailable" so many times, I thought get some while I can, then googled about freezing them. Can be done, not sure I would want to though. I only either eat eggs for breakfast or Greek yoghurt, usually bought out of Lidl, the brand I purchased from Asda leaves a lot to be desired.

Still thankful I managed to get a delivery slot though.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think I must also be turning into a cat. At this rate the lockdown will need to last at least 2 years for me to do everything I thought I would be able to do while not working.

Everybody wants to be a cat cos a cat’s the only cat that knows where its at”
Aristocats of course!
I’m the same. Meant to wash the towels and meant to start my salad seeds on the window cill. Buy hey that can be tomorrow!

Y'all have reminded me of one of my mother's favorite books, Gift From the Sea, by Anne Morrow Lindbergh. She wrote it while vacationing on Captiva Island, off the coast of Florida, about 1955. I know we're not at the beach right now -- I wish we were! :) -- but the idea of taking some time to settle into a different rhythm reminded me of this book. She wrote:

“The Beach is not the place to work; to read, write or think…The books remain unread, the pencils break their points, and the pads rest smooth and unblemished as the cloudless sky. No reading, no writing, no thoughts even – not at first.”

“And then, some morning in the second week, the mind wakes, comes to life again. Not in a city sense—no—but beach-wise. It begins to drift, to play, to turn over in gentle careless rolls like those lazy waves on the beach. One never knows what chance treasures these easy unconscious rollers may toss up, on the smooth white sand of the conscious mind; what perfectly rounded stone, what rare shell from the ocean floor."

“Patience, patience, patience, is what the sea teaches. Patience and faith. One should lie empty, open, choiceless as a beach – waiting for a gift from the sea.”

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
but the idea of taking some time to settle into a different rhythm reminded me of this book.
Actually, this is exactly what this feels like at the moment. Life has taken on a completely different rhythm and it will definitely take sometime to settle into it.

Reactions: DJC3

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Members of the Acatdemy have voted, and this year's Whisker for Best Supporting Part In A Musical goes to Rusty Barre, for Bedlam in the Bird Bath.

Loved watching this@SaskiaKC. Reminded me of when our pet budgie used to enjoy his bath, bless him.:)

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Sorry to post so late at night, but having heard the news about Boris the beast, my thoughts are if he croaks it, then we as a country are left in the hands of short term, self serving expense fiddling politicians. I am not a political person, but Boris the Beast as I call him has played straight so far. I hope he pulls through.

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, a 5.9 on the dice reflects a late lucky dip into pantry and discovering the extra pack of hot cross buns I'd scavenged from Tesco, only had one but took all my meagre willpower not to have two.
Have a lovely day all, stay safe.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and a 6 for me today. Oh how often I wished for that score at the throw of a dice, but now! :banghead:

Daughter collecting Mrs MCs meds from chemist today, feeling guilty in allowing her to convince us she should do it.

Hugs for those still feeling unwell or in a roll of care or worrying about friends or family.

Make the most of your day, time is a gift to be used responsibly and with care and marvelling at Spring all around us is no bad way to use time.