What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.2 today

finally got the oil delivery for the central heating this morning, a relief to mr gee who has been dipping the tank every couple of days. It took three and a half weeks, usually it's only 1 week after ordering. We're just grateful it has arrived, we know how busy and short of staff they are :)

Over to mum's today and will pick up eggs from the 'egg box' automated shed on the way if they are available. We'll take soup over and pick up her shopping list ready for our expected shopping trip tomorrow.

Lovely sunny looking day here but the breeze is brisk.

Hope your day treats you kindly :)

@Ryhia I'm amazed you could tell which lighthouse that is :joyful:

@Muddy Cyclist - I did order some better paper at around that time, it's cold pressed :angelic: and a 50% mix of cotton and non lignin cellulose, it took at least 10 days to arrive so there are still some art bits on odd paper/card/stuff :hilarious: in the catch up postings before I get to it. I have noticed that scanning these is making them slighlty more saturated.

no 1 is done with the Daler Rowney paints on a piece of mounting board offcut about 9 x 4.5 inches, it's from a photo of a historic lighthouse I saw online,

View attachment 40129

no 2 is my attempt to depict an area nearby looking from a raised level above the sea, it's almost all scrubby bushes and brambles, end result is not quite what I had in mind but I quite like it as an abstractish landscape :hilarious: painted on the craft card with the Daler Rowney. This is me trying to learn to give things a sense of scale.
View attachment 40130
Getting Better All The Time, in the words of some very famous people. Love em, keep it up. Hope your paper arrives soon and you like it, don't be afraid of the use of water to wet the paper when it does, too much and you will have fun controlling the chaos of the water colour on the wet papaer, just right and magic happens.

Reactions: trick60

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher take care out there surely you must by now have the most amazing stock of wonderous things.
Hi @PenguinMum
I needed to take my repeat prescription in, system here is telephone or take ticked prescription to chemist/docs, and they issue another. I can’t telephone with being deaf, and they refuse to issue it if I write a letter. My internet friend has been telephoning for me, but no one answers, so it was go in personally and put it in the green box outside the chemists because no one is allowed in the chemists at all. They don’t deliver unless you had already had deliveries, and I did long ago, but they could bring it to your house at any random day or time and I missed them because I was in the garden or whatever and it went back to chemist. So, I am keeping this simple. And I will go in a week to collect it because they have to order in some stuff each time. (And then I can go in the European shop next door one more time, and then go into true social isolation for a long period of time at home.)

Which suits me this time because I wanted some more salad leafy seeds(whatever they were), and I understand you can grow them from dried lentils and pulses etc. Absolutely nothing left on Amazon on pulses and lentils.

At back of chemist is a European shop which is always fully incredibly stocked. Problem is most stuff is written in Polish, Russian etc. However I have downloaded several of those languages to the translate on my phone (for some reason phone internet reception is nil in the shop).

So with the aid of the translator I am going through this very large European supermarket with a fine tooth comb. It translates everything I want including ingredients and carbs etc And I found the hugest selection of dried peas and beans and pulses. And the price was unbelievably cheap.

And I got some Goji berries and other stuff. I shall try and grow them. If they don’t grow, the rest of all this stuff goes into storage in my Kilmer jars, and all can be used/reconstituted when I need/want them.

So a very productive morning. I was there at 8 am so I wouldn’t upset customers by spending time at each item. But then no one observed social distancing anyway there! They just go past in the aisle as they normally do.

And you are right...i do now have a stock of weird and wondrous foods!

Edit: forgot to mention. All the eggs you can possibly want to buy. Only thing they are white, and come in cardboard trays of 30 from Europe. They are large. I bought two trays. I love my eggs.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Welcome @SelfKiller great FBG.
@trick60 You are making me feel guilty about the hot cross buns, OH loves them and I forgot to add any to my click and collect order.
@PenguinMum - Good morning! You were talking about eggs in another post, thought I would mention can buy eggs online from http://thegoodeggfellas.co.uk/but they are quite expensive and the least number you can purchase is 120. Don't know if they would deliver to your area.

All's well in my neck of the woods (and hope it will be for the foreseeable). I made a liar of myself talking about higher blood sugars than normal. Bloods yesterday lunchtime 4.2. This morning they are 4.9. Cant guarantee they will continue at those levels but happy for the moment.
Thanks for that egg link!

Reactions: DJC3 and jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fence lines was my next series of watercolours, did this one but not really what I was after. watercolour A4 1 hour 30 mins. So this will not be one of the three, I need it more abstract.......

IMG_2878.JPG

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fence lines was my next series of watercolours, did this one but not really what I was after. watercolour A4 1 hour 30 mins. So this will not be one of the three, I need it more abstract.......

View attachment 40137

Thank you for posting this. It is very atmospheric. It reminds me of one of the opening scenes in The Wizard of Oz.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Purple cabbage and swede tops - I’ll be really interested to see how these turn out, and I didn’t realise you could treat broccoli the same way either. I’m running out of window sill space.
I have a solution to the window sill space!!!
I need to sort and construct it later and might post it tomorrow!!!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good morning all :)

4.2 today

finally got the oil delivery for the central heating this morning, a relief to mr gee who has been dipping the tank every couple of days. It took three and a half weeks, usually it's only 1 week after ordering. We're just grateful it has arrived, we know how busy and short of staff they are :)

Over to mum's today and will pick up eggs from the 'egg box' automated shed on the way if they are available. We'll take soup over and pick up her shopping list ready for our expected shopping trip tomorrow.

Lovely sunny looking day here but the breeze is brisk.

Hope your day treats you kindly :)

@Ryhia I'm amazed you could tell which lighthouse that is :joyful:

@Muddy Cyclist - I did order some better paper at around that time, it's cold pressed :angelic: and a 50% mix of cotton and non lignin cellulose, it took at least 10 days to arrive so there are still some art bits on odd paper/card/stuff :hilarious: in the catch up postings before I get to it. I have noticed that scanning these is making them slighlty more saturated.

no 1 is done with the Daler Rowney paints on a piece of mounting board offcut about 9 x 4.5 inches, it's from a photo of a historic lighthouse I saw online,

View attachment 40129

no 2 is my attempt to depict an area nearby looking from a raised level above the sea, it's almost all scrubby bushes and brambles, end result is not quite what I had in mind but I quite like it as an abstractish landscape :hilarious: painted on the craft card with the Daler Rowney. This is me trying to learn to give things a sense of scale.
View attachment 40130
I love these gentle atmospheric paintings @geefull

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The BBC speak to doctors re oxygen and the issues. Bradford royal.
and explains why Watford shut it's doors last week for emergencies

sure it's all lies and everything is in hand, :rolleyes:

But probably learn more from here about whats going on, then the daily Propaganda show.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52187826

never been a better time to look after ourselves.

When we ordered extra equipment to deal with coronavirus cases,
we were expecting the surge to come in May,
but Covid-19 has turned out to be more transmissible than predicted
and the peak is coming much sooner.
So the extra ventilators aren't going to be here in time.

Covid.

nothing to see.
move along

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, thinking about it don't know why I bothered posting that one, could probably feed the whole of our cul de sac or would have an awful lot of freezing to do. My apologies for raising expectations, just didn't think.
I eat 4 eggs most days, so it could just be doable for me?
I am glad you posted the link @Ryhia

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The BBC speak to doctors re oxygen and the issues. Bradford royal.
and explains why Watford shut it's doors last week for emergencies

Probably learn more from here about whats going on, then the daily Propaganda show.
sure it's all lies and everything is in hand, :rolleyes:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52187826

Covid.

nothing to see.
move along
Saw this early morning, yes the scary shortages and struggling NHS staff were the first concern. However I was equally moved and encouraged by the sheer effort by NHS and companies to rise to the challenge and fined solutions, maybe not enough but brilliant and makes us even more aware of the huge thankyou we owe these front line people.

Reactions: DJC3

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh what do you do with brocolli, do tell. I can get through a barrow load!
Re Mr Fuzz long after dark last night we heard a terrible commotion where he was loud and crying out. No sign of him so far today so I am very afraid the foxes came. I know its nature and it can be cruel but he was such a jaunty fella who gave me so much pleasure. Apparently they seldom live longer than 2 years.

t4615.gif

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I can tell when the work-at-home people and the home-schoolers go into action every morning. It is always around 10:30, and the Internet starts to crawl. Just another thing the powers-that-be-not didn't consider when they made their sweeping changes.

Reactions: HarryBeau

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Saw this early morning, yes the scary shortages and struggling NHS staff were the first concern.
However I was equally moved and encouraged by the sheer effort by NHS and companies to rise to the challenge and fined solutions, maybe not enough but brilliant and makes us even more aware of the huge thank you we owe these front line people.

Couldn't agree more..

truly Lions led By Donkeys.

i saw a quote seemed most appropriate if now a little cruel.
re boris.

thinking Churchill, but channelling his inner Melchett

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @PenguinMum
I needed to take my repeat prescription in, system here is telephone or take ticked prescription to chemist/docs, and they issue another. I can’t telephone with being deaf, and they refuse to issue it if I write a letter. My internet friend has been telephoning for me, but no one answers, so it was go in personally and put it in the green box outside the chemists because no one is allowed in the chemists at all. They don’t deliver unless you had already had deliveries, and I did long ago, but they could bring it to your house at any random day or time and I missed them because I was in the garden or whatever and it went back to chemist. So, I am keeping this simple. And I will go in a week to collect it because they have to order in some stuff each time. (And then I can go in the European shop next door one more time, and then go into true social isolation for a long period of time at home.)

Which suits me this time because I wanted some more salad leafy seeds(whatever they were), and I understand you can grow them from dried lentils and pulses etc. Absolutely nothing left on Amazon on pulses and lentils.

At back of chemist is a European shop which is always fully incredibly stocked. Problem is most stuff is written in Polish, Russian etc. However I have downloaded several of those languages to the translate on my phone (for some reason phone internet reception is nil in the shop).

So with the aid of the translator I am going through this very large European supermarket with a fine tooth comb. It translates everything I want including ingredients and carbs etc And I found the hugest selection of dried peas and beans and pulses. And the price was unbelievably cheap.

And I got some Goji berries and other stuff. I shall try and grow them. If they don’t grow, the rest of all this stuff goes into storage in my Kilmer jars, and all can be used/reconstituted when I need/want them.

So a very productive morning. I was there at 8 am so I wouldn’t upset customers by spending time at each item. But then no one observed social distancing anyway there! They just go past in the aisle as they normally do.

And you are right...i do now have a stock of weird and wondrous foods!

Edit: forgot to mention. All the eggs you can possibly want to buy. Only thing they are white, and come in cardboard trays of 30 from Europe. They are large. I bought two trays. I love my eggs.
Glad you managed ok and got the pulses and eggs. Its somehow wrong that just because you are unable to phone you have to take yourself out in harm’s way twice. There’s a lot going on that I dont understand. Have a relaxing evening, hope Popeye is better.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Couldn't agree more..

truly Lions led By Donkeys.

i saw a quote seemed most appropriate if now a little cruel.
re boris.

thinking Churchill, but channelling his inner Melchett

What a brilliant series that was, sadly so true, but maybe that British Spirit will in some way bungle us through all this mess, the lower ranks of the hoi polloi being inventive and finding ways to realistically overcome the upbeat, everything will be OK highly qualified bumbling academics, one lives in hope, it's got us through before, maybe we need both?