What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
From Right hand finger it is 5.4 and from left hand finger it is 5.2. late night sleep. Watched Mr. Nice Guy
Welcome to this corner of the forum. I go with @trick60 take the lower number.

I noticed on another thread you mentioned 40 mins on the treadmill and asked about doing anything different regarding your higher BG reading before sleep and should you do anything different.

We all react differently to what we eat and our exercise there is no rule book. It's good you are testing it will start to show what works for you. I Mountain Bike for up to 3 hours and although a lot older than yourself push my old creeping limbs to their limits. I notice it always puts my BG up, I wondered how close to your sleep and testing was your exercise on the treadmill and if that was the cause.

Those readings posted today were great.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Welcome @SelfKiller storming it with your first entry. @OldButBold that all sounds promising which is fantastic news. Interesting snippets about the difference in what numbers show up on different hands- really engenders trust in the process. My meter displayed 5.2 first thing - 50% chance of that being true - within anything up to 20%, So basically, for the price of a strip, I don'i actually know. Please don't tell the Pearl Clutchers they'll need the smelling salts, If you can't stay out of harm's way today be extra vigilant and spread the love.

Last edited:
Reactions: SelfKiller

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.0 today which is good news.
@OldButBold good to see you making progress and your BG has held up well through this. @SelfKiller welcome and great fbg. @gennepher take care out there surely you must by now have the most amazing stock of wonderous things. @trick60 aah ..hot cross buns..well done on just having one! @Muddy Cyclist best wishes to you and your family.
Today is plant seeds on the window cills, laundry and some gentle hoeing, Ho Ho Ho.
Have the best Tuesday you can. Stay/get well and stay safe.

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. 5.0 today which is good news.
@OldButBold good to see you making progress and your BG has held up well through this. @SelfKiller welcome and great fbg. @gennepher take care out there surely you must by now have the most amazing stock of wonderous things. @trick60 aah ..hot cross buns..well done on just having one! @Muddy Cyclist best wishes to you and your family.
Today is plant seeds on the window cills, laundry and some gentle hoeing, Ho Ho Ho.
Have the best Tuesday you can. Stay/get well and stay safe.
Nice score...:D

Reactions: DJC3

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning and a temp of 35.6 :)

Welcome to the thread @SelfKiller numbers look great;)

Enjoy the day!
Good to see such good numbers. How's the rest of you? Not ready to dance a jig I'm sure but just think when you do get pulled together you will be able to take "Her Ladyship" anywhere she wants and do all the jobs waiting on the back burner - having those options surely better than the alternative - then again you may decide to run for the hills. Sure someone on this thread would offer you a "safe house". Continue to get well. Regards C.

Reactions: DJC3

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good to see such good numbers. How's the rest of you? Not ready to dance a jig I'm sure but just think when you do get pulled together you will be able to take "Her Ladyship" anywhere she wants and do all the jobs waiting on the back burner - having those options surely better than the alternative - then again you may decide to run for the hills. Sure someone on this thread would offer you a "safe house". Continue to get well. Regards C.

I'm in a sort of safe zone, I was warned that a few people reach the one week mark and feel fine only to slide back around 10 days so I am now being optimistically cautious :) I get a little ahead of myself sometimes. Overall I'm feeling relatively good today, still have the cough and wheeziness but I can handle that ;)

Reactions: SaskiaKC

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome @SelfKiller great FBG.
@trick60 You are making me feel guilty about the hot cross buns, OH loves them and I forgot to add any to my click and collect order.
@PenguinMum - Good morning! You were talking about eggs in another post, thought I would mention can buy eggs online from http://thegoodeggfellas.co.uk/but they are quite expensive and the least number you can purchase is 120. Don't know if they would deliver to your area.

All's well in my neck of the woods (and hope it will be for the foreseeable). I made a liar of myself talking about higher blood sugars than normal. Bloods yesterday lunchtime 4.2. This morning they are 4.9. Cant guarantee they will continue at those levels but happy for the moment.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome @SelfKiller great FBG.
@trick60 You are making me feel guilty about the hot cross buns, OH loves them and I forgot to add any to my click and collect order.
@PenguinMum - Good morning! You were talking about eggs in another post, thought I would mention can buy eggs online from http://thegoodeggfellas.co.uk/but they are quite expensive and the least number you can purchase is 120. Don't know if they would deliver to your area.

All's well in my neck of the woods (and hope it will be for the foreseeable). I made a liar of myself talking about higher blood sugars than normal. Bloods yesterday lunchtime 4.2. This morning they are 4.9. Cant guarantee they will continue at those levels but happy for the moment.
Good Morning Ryhia, thanks so much for that link which I will bookmark! Atm my farm shop has promised me eggs for collection this Saturday. Very kind of you. Have a good day.

Reactions: HarryBeau and DJC3

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from the dark and dangerous north and welcome to The Hotel California @SelfKiller

The wonder wheel of instances of boredom and some unsavoury comestibles waving from the fridge came in at a flat line of a 6.0 this am.

Very sad that the blond orang utang over the pond implied that bobo was a very good friend. He is now in hospital fighting his own battle - I wish him well.
Sadly the so called reporters and other members of the lobotomised media have turned their shared consciousness, Borg like, to such topics as nuclear switches and games of “who’s on first”. Unfortunately one badly used brain shared between so many just does not cut it. Oh well, looking so much to today’s briefing on the beeb.

Meantime, Mrs Miggins and I declared last week that Tuesday was afternoon tea day. This means, and let me be perfectly clear, that until such measures that heretofore have been moved into place are, at some future date, yet to be determined, and only when the scientific evidence is correct, lifted, at the right time, that afternoon tea will be prepared for the delectation of said Mrs Miggins (I will have something rather less carby like spiced chicken and prawns).

Can I have my kofee now?

upload_2020-4-7_9-12-44.jpeg

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, but not the reporters on the coronavirus briefing.

Another low 5.1 for me.

Well folks and I hope you are well.
Question for @OldButBold did you enjoy Dogma? One of our favourite films.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, but not the reporters on the coronavirus briefing.

Another low 5.1 for me.

Well folks and I hope you are well.
Question for @OldButBold did you enjoy Dogma? One of our favourite films.

I did, I've seen it so many times I know the script. Great film on a par with the Life of Brian :)