What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was thinking more of a mincom type phone but then I think both contacts need the same type of phone.
I had a minicom about 30 years ago, and problems were always at the other end. Then I tried again early 2000's, and again problems the other end and data protection problems because I was dealing with an intermediary. I just gave up with it.

I do not have a landline now anyway.

Thanks.

Edit: I don't see why they cannot deal with text on the mobile. Other medical or hospital departments do. Not all of them, but some do.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@DJC3 I've just been watching Miranda Hart doing dressage on YouTube. :D
From there I linked to Colin Firth talking about getting stuck in the window wearing only his undies and fluffy animal slippers. ...

So thank you for the much-needed laughter. :)

Reactions: ianpspurs

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a minicom about 30 years ago, and problems were always at the other end. Then I tried again early 2000's, and again problems the other end and data protection problems because I was dealing with an intermediary. I just gave up with it.

I do not have a landline now anyway.

Thanks.

Edit: I don't see why they cannot deal with text on the mobile. Other medical or hospital departments do. Not all of them, but some do.
Yes I thought things like minicoms were probably old school but know it used to be available at the Uni where I worked if students requested it. Like you, I cannot see why they cannot deal with text on your mobile, seems very short sighted of them particularly as they are discriminating against you. Presume you have had a word with the practice manager about this? I had a similar problem with a company who were insisting on a mobile phone number reference except I don't use a mobile as I cannot hear people on the other end of the call because of my own hearing issues. They adjusted the information on my file so a mobile number is no longer a requisite.

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Night night from me and him (who is sitting on my lap in bed, and is much improved to what he was, and is eating better now.)

Sweet dreams everyone x

Sleep tight and sweet dreams. So glad Popeye is doing better. :)

Reactions: Ryhia

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Night night from me and him (who is sitting on my lap in bed, and is much improved to what he was, and is eating better now.)

Sweet dreams everyone x
So pleased that Popeye is feeling a lot better this evening.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes I thought things like minicoms were probably old school but know it used to be available at the Uni where I worked if students requested it. Like you, I cannot see why they cannot deal with text on your mobile, seems very short sighted of them particularly as they are discriminating against you. Presume you have had a word with the practice manager about this? I had a similar problem with a company who were insisting on a mobile phone number reference except I don't use a mobile as I cannot hear people on the other end of the call because of my own hearing issues. They adjusted the information on my file so a mobile number is no longer a requisite.
Yes I have had a word with the practice manager. But they say their mobile is just for sending messages out eg appointment reminders, but not for receiving any messages.

So, I have always ended up having to physically go in to sort anything. I have made a fuss about it, used a patient's advocate etc then my GP left under a cloud etc and we now have a pool of doctors under the NHS and no actual GP running the surgery.

I have given up.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cuomo SO impressive.

check from 3:10mins.

for me..i say be respectful.
sit and watch it all.

this man KNOWS
this man FEELS,
he knows and say's
exactly what he is talking about.
blood,, sweat and tears..Bravo

America is SO lucky to have people like this..

#prayforamerica

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i had a whatsapp (good friend, could not verify..but she is trying)
BUT it does match the earlier posts re bbc

possibly outdoor exercise might be curtailed this week
and we MAY be going down the french route or needing documentations
to leave home.

can i say it's true ?
No

is it likely possibly
the hit is coming earleir then they expected.
( see previous posts )

i say, IF you need to visit , do things outside your home, do them early.
BUY what ya need early, stock up NOW.

fake news , panic..maybe.
so take with a pinch of salt.

not been impressed as many might spot by the 'experts' so far.

so for me this gets as much credence as the propaganda show that has got us here

with no PPE in every locations and nurses wearing bin bags for protections and the BOJO who was shaking hand,
while telling us to self isolate and the Scottish CMO doing similar while popping across towns to visit her 2nd home while happily infecting all and sundry..
so not convinced they have a CLUE what they are doing.

BE the sheep or think for ourselves.
WE are on OUR own,

Those who THINK stand a good chance
Those who think they have our best interests
At heart... Good luck

but what if it's real.?
better to be prepared, i say.
look stupid or risk yours and OUR lives.

doesn't seem a fair risk imho

Hug away...But do at least THINK.. what if..?

Last edited:
Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Muddy Cyclist while I remember. My daughter told me Zoom was £10 for the month! Was £11.99 but she got a coupon off the Internet. It is worth its weight in gold.

I had never heard of Zoom until last night, when I happened to see a news story about it. The story was about its lack of security and users' privacy. I Googled some online articles about it.
Are you sure it is providing you end-to-end encryption?

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@jjraak I do not think we have anything like the resources to police the “French route” even if they only do it in the big cities, London would be hard enough. I think we are seriously under resourced on just about everything and now we have a rudderless ship. We are staying in for the foreseeable and just hope we dont get ill with anything else. Its getting light here, the birds are getting up and the owls are still calling to each other. Snall pleasures to be grateful for. Stay safe young JJ.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Muddy Cyclist while I remember. My daughter told me Zoom was £10 for the month! Was £11.99 but she got a coupon off the Internet. It is worth its weight in gold.
Thanks for the info. Whilst I am not unhappy about using Zoom other members of music groups we are involved in are for the reason @SaskiaKC mentioned and so we are not useing it, a shame really. So rehearsing to computer generated sound files, they sound a little like the noise a barrel organ makes, not the same as feeling the music from the other group members.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh darn I'm sorry you can't see it. :( I will look for Miranda Hart.
Maybe if you search Men Doing Dressage on YouTube, it will show a copy you can watch.
Yes I found quite a few! I’d no idea it was such a thing. Completely bonkers.
I got sidetracked then into watching actual dressage, quite incredible, did you ever do it when you were riding?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 I've just been watching Miranda Hart doing dressage on YouTube. :D
From there I linked to Colin Firth talking about getting stuck in the window wearing only his undies and fluffy animal slippers. ...

So thank you for the much-needed laughter. :)
And thank you Saskia - you started me laughing by cantering down the hall.

Reactions: Ryhia and trick60