What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.
The media is full of the lockdown status, how stupid, lift the lockdown and die or continue with the lockdown and stay safe.......rant over.

A manageable 7.8 this morning, one word, two syllables, peanuts.

Stay safe, stay well and stay at home. The forecast for today is good, but I don't think streaking is on the agenda for me at least.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. Hugs @PenguinMum and @SlimLizzy I think anxiety is a common cause for us all. 3am waking is becoming more common with me too at the moment.
I’m Feeling a lot better for having been out yesterday though. Medication delivery ( I have an ID card too in case I’m stopped) and some shopping for a neighbour. Everyone out behaving with friendliness and common sense.
I had a panicky phone call from a chap who had picked up one of the flyers with my name and number which I’d left in the docs surgery a fortnight ago. His 81 yo wife had just had the letter saying she must stay indoors and they didn’t know how they were going to be able to get food. He lives in the next village, easy to get to and they like Lidl which isn’t far so I’ll be able to do that for them. I’m just so pleased he had the foresight to pick up my flyer so they don’t have to worry about shopping at least.
Have as good a day as you possibly can.
Hug to you also for the 3am awake. Your efforts for the community sound amazing and I can just imagine how grateful the elderly couple are to have you getting them food. You are an angel without wings. Make sure you stay safe too.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Cuomo SO impressive.

check from 3:10mins.

for me..i say be respectful.
sit and watch it all.

this man KNOWS
this man FEELS,
he knows and say's
exactly what he is talking about.
blood,, sweat and tears..Bravo

America is SO lucky to have people like this..

#prayforamerica

This man could run for president.

Reactions: Ryhia

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8
Temp 35.9

Me too sleeping poorly. Just about everyone in the land is I guess.

Been awake since 3 am
Watched the dawn

Popeye was rejecting me last night, keeping his distance again. So I examined every inch of him yet again. Found an abscess developing on his head. So hot compresses. I had only just eaten my breakfast...

I have put him on his favourite viewing shelf (actually it's another wooden shoe rack), in the kitchen, he can see the goings on in the front road from there, while stuff is still coming out of the abscess. Initially he glowered at me for not letting him get back on my bed, but then realised the sun was just coming over the rooftops. So he lay down quite happily and his face looks better/happier, now I am giving him hot compresses.

The feral cat that attacked him must be in a very bad way by now health wise. He is still about. I threw an old cooking pan at him, but he just scurried far enough out of reach, turned round and indolently sat on the garden path and looked at me....

Now to work on my indoor vegetable garden today.

Take care
Be safe
xxx
Hug to you also Gennepher for the 3am awake syndrome. Poor Popeye he is having a rough turn of things but luckily your nursing skills and love will see him right. I hope you can both stay in for the foreseeable and stay safe. Hugs and purrs from us to you both.

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Much stress and early waking around here so hugs and prayers for a peaceful night's sleep ladies - @gennepher @SlimLizzy @PenguinMum and @DJC3. My sleep is better now than at most times since starting LC. 5.6 for me today. I really don't like failure and wasting my time and effort but my body does so enjoy reminding me this is all complete nonsense. Have a great day take care and all you can really do is laugh at our folly. Maunday Thursday again - getting to be an annual event.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Can you maybe email? I email mine. Just a thought.
They don't respond to emails for repeat prescriptions, they refuse to deal with repeat prescriptions that way. They refuse to deal with repeat prescription requests by letter as well. They only accept a voice telephone call from the actual person who needs the prescription. Or you put your prescription request into the chemist next door, and the chemist takes them over to docs surgery later, and then you go back to chemist about 5 days later to collect.

I have requested by email (and also via a patient's advocate in the past) that they change their system. I also emailed again last week saying my problems (a friend had been trying to telephone for me but was unable to get through), and the reply back was they had been inundated and were looking into it. But that still doesn't help me today.
Thanks Debs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hug to you also Gennepher for the 3am awake syndrome. Poor Popeye he is having a rough turn of things but luckily your nursing skills and love will see him right. I hope you can both stay in for the foreseeable and stay safe. Hugs and purrs from us to you both.
Thanks @PenguinMum
Staying in is a priority!
You keep safe as well x

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another day of unknown potential in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of the company of butterflies and bees came in this morning at a ripe 5.2 - will my eyes turn blue?

Have you all received your letter from Boris? How thoughtful, and him so poorly sick.

I have just finished what was, until about an hour ago, my current novel; Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman. Essentially about loneliness. Some may think that the subject might be dark but no. So, an unlooked grab at the book pile gives me Tall Tales (and wee stories) by Billy Connolly. It says “The Sunday Times Bestseller” on the fly cover. I do hope that his publishers did not have to pay more that ten bob for that, usually, snippet of nonsense.

The cow. Yes, the cow. May have run away from Schleswig-Holstein in confusion. They (the country “they”) still speak that weird mixture of plat deutsch and Frisian. I have an aging aunt who hails from the area. Sounds as though she comes from Cork.
As to location - not sure. The picture appeared on my brother in law’s Farce Book page. He is from the Vendée. The important thing is that I now have a wonderful block of sea salt impregnated butter curtesy of Mr and Mrs Tesco.

Sorry to read that you are a bit down at the moment @SlimLizzy. It’s OK not to be OK and I hope that today is a better day for you.

Have as good a day as you can - best get that kofee on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryhia and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8
Temp 35.9

Been awake since 3 am
Watched the dawn

Popeye was rejecting me last night, keeping his distance again. So I examined every inch of him yet again. Found an abscess developing on his head. So hot compresses. I had only just eaten my breakfast...

I have put him on his favourite viewing shelf (actually it's another wooden shoe rack), in the kitchen, he can see the goings on in the front road from there, while stuff is still coming out of the abscess. Initially he glowered at me for not letting him get back on my bed, but then realised the sun was just coming over the rooftops. So he lay down quite happily and his face looks better/happier, now I am giving him hot compresses.

The feral cat that attacked him must be in a very bad way by now health wise. He is still about. I threw an old cooking pan at him, but he just scurried far enough out of reach, turned round and indolently sat on the garden path and looked at me....

Take care
Be safe
xxx

Poor Popeye. Was the abscess from where the other cat attacked him?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another day of unknown potential in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of the company of butterflies and bees came in this morning at a ripe 5.2 - will my eyes turn blue?

Have you all received your letter from Boris? How thoughtful, and him so poorly sick.

I have just finished what was, until about an hour ago, my current novel; Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman. Essentially about loneliness. Some may think that the subject might be dark but no. So, an unlooked grab at the book pile gives me Tall Tales (and wee stories) by Billy Connolly. It says “The Sunday Times Bestseller” on the fly cover. I do hope that his publishers did not have to pay more that ten bob for that, usually, snippet of nonsense.

The cow. Yes, the cow. May have run away from Schleswig-Holstein in confusion. They (the country “they”) still speak that weird mixture of plat deutsch and Frisian. I have an aging aunt who hails from the area. Sounds as though she comes from Cork.
As to location - not sure. The picture appeared on my brother in law’s Farce Book page. He is from the Vendée. The important thing is that I now have a wonderful block of sea salt impregnated butter curtesy of Mr and Mrs Tesco.

Sorry to read that you are a bit down at the moment @SlimLizzy. It’s OK not to be OK and I hope that today is a better day for you.

Have as good a day as you can - best get that kofee on.

Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine -That’s one of my favourite all time books! I thought it was brilliant and quite original, very funny in places too. Didn’t see the twist at the end until I was practically there. Would thoroughly recommend to anyone. Also it’s one of the few books that the whole family has agreed on - we all usually have different tastes.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Poor Popeye. Was the abscess from where the other cat attacked him?
Yes @DJC3 from where the second attack was with the nasty black and white feral cat shot into the kitchen (and attacked Popeye) a week ago when I opened the kitchen door to put the recycle out.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hug to you also for the 3am awake. Your efforts for the community sound amazing and I can just imagine how grateful the elderly couple are to have you getting them food. You are an angel without wings. Make sure you stay safe too.

Gosh thanks but I have to admit it’s not entirely altruistic. It helps me too; if I spend too much time thinking, I end up feeling morose. Doing something positive is a great mood lifter for me, with the added bonus of hopefully helping someone else.
I saw on another post that you saw that fabulous pink moon last night too. It lit up my bedroom - A little consolation for all us dawn treaders.

Reactions: SaskiaKC

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
What a lovely surprise! They are fabulous aren’t they? And Vienna! What a lovely city! Did you queue at the Hotel Sacha for sachatorte? I’m glad I visited before diagnosis so had no qualms about enjoying it.
Yes - Vienna is a lovely city. No - we didn't know about sachatorte at the hotel Sacha. If we had we would definitely have queued for it. It was before diagnosis for me also so I had no qualms about eating all the lovely cakes and deserts that Vienna had in abundance.

Last edited:

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8
Temp 35.9

Been awake since 3 am
Watched the dawn

Take care
Be safe
xxx
Hubby sleeps like a baby - don't know how he does it. I am struggling to sleep. It was not so bad last night I was only awake a couple of times but yesterday gave up trying to sleep at around 3:30 am and just got up. Thought it was just me being me.

Sorry to hear about Popeye hope he is better soon.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning folks 5.6 this morning. Hugs for all those feeling low, and thankyous for all those who make it their business to help cheer us up.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes - Vienna is a lovely city. No - we didn't know about sachatorte at the hotel Sacha. If we had we would definitely have queued for it. It was before diagnosis for me also so I had no qualms about eating all the lovely cakes and deserts that Vienna had in abundance.

Oh and the hot chocolate! I’d never had ( nor sadly will ever have again) hot chocolate like we had in Vienna. My trip was a surprise from Mr C too now I come to think about it. Happy days eh?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes @DJC3 from where the second attack was with the nasty black and white feral cat shot into the kitchen (and attacked Popeye) a week ago when I opened the kitchen door to put the recycle out.

Oh good grief! That must have been so scary for you and Popeye. At the risk of repeating (as others probably saw your first post, so I apologise) how on earth did you get the feral cat out?

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbs 5.6 this morning. Relaxing in my conservatory - catching up with the forum and just about to read the 'i'.

Being able to relax and read is a luxury I have had to forgo over the last few years as work seems to have got busier and busier - so am quite enjoying this part of the lockdown.

Reactions: karen8967

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Tried a new project yesterday, not sure if it is was completely successful, I decided to try making my own yogurt, at my last click and collect I added some full cream milk for just this reason, so followed an online recipe using some yogurt I had left. The result was nice and creamy and tasted like yogurt but the final result separated into more like curds and whey and I'm not sure if it should do that. Think it might have been an issue with keeping the temperature stable. Still it tasted nice. Just need to see what it does to my bloods before I consider if it is worth making it again.

Last edited: