Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
47.8kg.
Lot of decorating and heavy gardening this week. Did think might be a loss because as am now being less generous with the cream, as well as some other things. ( only one chicken thigh for me last night) Not knowing when we can go out and get more is disturbing. Day two of fifteen day lockdown and already government talking of four weeks. Or More. Mid to end of May has been mentioned.
However it's beautiful sunny weather. No hardship to be out in the garden.
@ickihun hope your some is recovering.
@Ryhia Well Done on restarting weight loss.
@carty Feeling your pain.
Thx @SlimLizzy. He's great but left with loads of spots which didn't head or scab. Praying not because of COVID virus. He has no temperature now but an occasional cough if out in cold air after sun goes down; so we exercised indoors today. I heard they are basing new vaccine on the vaccine for chicken pox. I didn't know there was one.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Same weight but not surprised as my daily walk is mucked up. Routine is still unsettled but looking to ferment one soon. Still having side, under right rib/stomach intermittent pain. Hoping scan soon will pick up problem so it can be resolved. Patience is being exercised more any anything else, at mo. Not sure if spitting blood as no longer spit up in this very contagious period. In my opinion tissues should be burnt/incinerated. Of which I hv no safe facility to do so, especially around kids.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope you get your scan despite this virus. The world still rolls on, my sister was diagnosed with kidney stones a few weeks ago. She needed surgery but thought this would be postponed because of the virus but no she went in as scheduled a few days ago and is now out recovering - she is well enough to be posting on facebook today which is a relief. No doubt she will be self isolating though. She is type 2 diabetic and has other issues. Good that your children are over the worst of the chicken pox. Are you managing to get food ok?

Haven't bothered posting my weight as last time I checked it was the same - which is actually good as because I am bored and I keep looking for snacks to eat. Low carb of course.

Keep well, stay safe everyone.

Reactions: ickihun

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Slightly up at 75.6 this week. A bit of a strange week all things considered. Not withstanding i cant get to the gym which was helping my weight more then diet!

O well!

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hope you get your scan despite this virus. The world still rolls on, my sister was diagnosed with kidney stones a few weeks ago. She needed surgery but thought this would be postponed because of the virus but no she went in as scheduled a few days ago and is now out recovering - she is well enough to be posting on facebook today which is a relief. No doubt she will be self isolating though. She is type 2 diabetic and has other issues. Good that your children are over the worst of the chicken pox. Are you managing to get food ok?

Haven't bothered posting my weight as last time I checked it was the same - which is actually good as because I am bored and I keep looking for snacks to eat. Low carb of course.

Keep well, stay safe everyone.
Scan done. Just awaiting my surgeon's opinion. I'm not sure what will happen. If I get a bad attack I will be at A&E as I once had a burst appendix which when gallbladder or similiar bursts it's definately an emergency op. Life or death. I'd like to prevent an unplanned op. It's much cheaper.
Weight wise I'm 98kgs steadily. I'm hopeful for more weight loss.
I'm a little long walking aim restricted. I walk a little most days but today I needed stops due to pain. Sciatica is getting very bad lately. No rest on trapped nerves. Periods of uncontrolled bladder and the other. It's off and on.
I'm no longer frustrated about no weight loss due to 2kg loss per month. Cheese and nuts restricted to very little but essential for less insulin units injected.
Meats less fish has been working, ironically. Seems more fibrous.

Reactions: Ryhia

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Will weigh myself tomorrow. Should be same weight due to a few baking days with boys and chocolate (not 90%) involved. Yummy. Cakes and biscuits made with almond flour planned after school work completed. My gallbladder area pain is under control past few days so keeping fingers crossed I can eat well to help inflammation. Cherries, spinich, nuts and mackerel is in my staple diet. A varied diet though due to catering for kids 100% at home. I haven't stopped all carbs for them and won't be since they aren't diabetic. However I am keeping tabs. A great time to improve their diet since not given carbs at school or cake and treat excuses. Both would benefit from a less carby diet. In fact if I can afford it I will stop school meals on returning to regular schooling... for both of them. Especially if I've entrenched a better diet for them without external influences. Shame our local shops couldnt helped with less carbs to sell. Mind u Mr ickihun likes treating them whenever he treats himself. Myself I detached myself from that behaviour yrs ago. My treats are all non-food ones... still. One of our birthdays is next week too but so far no food bought. I may just bake a low carb cake with low carb nutty chocolate sauce. It's great when no other demands on my attention. Let's see! The scales will be all the proof we need.

I'm still delighted with my weight loss and totally happy with slow loss and empowered with the knowledge that strict low carb, fat and low calorie helps reboot my weight loss. :) :) :)
An improvement to current bariatric course info. I can testify to. An improvement to aid weight loss but only when IR is being assisted too in preparation for a bigger tool to restrict overeating for the individual. Of which we are all different so LESS is per individual.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
10-04-2020
Can't find my previous posts.
27-03-2020 weight 47.6kg
05-04-2020 weight 47.4kg
10-04-2020 weight 47.6kg
Having nut granola again is helping. Was unable to make any last week due to combination of missing ingredients and running out of gas for cooker.
Keep well everyone.

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
75kg this week, was 74kg yesterday but had a big Sunday roast. Will take that, back down from last week and holding steady despite lock down.

Keep your chins up all :)

jmays1973

Hi Everyone
I have started this thread to continue to measure my weight on a Friday. I do not belong to any weight loss support groups and feel there could be a lot Im missing out on from a support point of view. I measure my weight at the same time every Friday. You are welcome to join this thread with your own loss/challenge weeks.

10/3/16 - 3lb lost total lost to date - 17lbs
4/17/2020 187.5 lbs goal weight 165 lbs