Weekly weigh in - Fridays

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
17-04-2020
Weight 46.6kg at least it's not a loss. @carty you may catch up with me yet.
Hello @jmays1973 ,
welcome to the thread. You will find us supportive and understanding. Hope you will find the thread useful.
@everyone else stay safe and well.

bexter75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Television
Hi
Can I join the weekly weigh in please? and start today, I’m piling the weight on and figured if I wrote my weight down it might shame me to do something
Thanks
Becky

Reactions: ickihun

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
Can I join the weekly weigh in please? and start today, I’m piling the weight on and figured if I wrote my weight down it might shame me to do something
Thanks
Becky

Hi Bexter - this thread, like all the others on the forum is available to anyone who could find it useful, so feel free to join in.

There are several threads on the forum where there are fantastic food ideas, some chat and so on. Good luck reining your weight back in.

bexter75

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Television
Thank you
My starting weight is 76kg and my goal weight for when we come out of lockdown is 74kg. I know that’s not a lot to lose but it takes me an age to lose anything

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you
My starting weight is 76kg and my goal weight for when we come out of lockdown is 74kg. I know that’s not a lot to lose but it takes me an age to lose anything

Undoubtedly, some find it easier than others to lose weight, and keep it off. It's not a competition and the important thing is our own personal goal, and reaching it healthily.

AllieRainbow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I haven't posted on here for a while. I am 17 weeks into my reboot now and have dropped a bit more weight, and I am feeling so much better as a result. I am doing LCHF plus plenty of exercise, and after a few stumbles in February and March, I have finally managed to get my head sorted out so I can hit my goals every day.

16/12/2020 - 281.0 lbs / BMI 40.3 / FBG unknown, but ranging around 9-10s during the day.
31/01/2020 - 264.2 lbs / BMI 37.9 / FBG 7.0 / Waist:Height ratio 68.5%
17/04/2020 - 252.6 lbs / BMI 36.2 / FBG 7.0 / Waist:Height ratio 65%

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
75.6kg today, so up ~ 1kg.

I think that is ok for me, for the last 4 weeks i have been 75kg +/-1kg. Im in a healthy place with my weight now and with this lock down i am finding it much harder to stick hard to what im eating and also get enough quality exercise. Im doing plenty of exercise but going even going for runs and doing some weights is not comparable to a proper gym session.

I think my target is to leave this lock down within the band of 75kg +/-1kg, i can always push down a little further if needed after. But truthfully i have reached a point now where i'm not sure i want to have to eat the things i need to to maintain a lower weight - seems if i have more then about 1800 calories a day o put weight on, my body is pretty efficient at energy conversion it seems!

Reactions: JohnEGreen

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
89.5 this morning ..about five kilos down since early january..mid 2017..it was 124 kilos as weighed at the doctors and i do think i got to 127 kilos

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
74.5 Kg today so a slight loss of 0.5 Kg from last week so going in the right direction.

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
73.9 KG this week - technicaly a 1.5kg loss but as i have said before its within my 75kg +-1kg mark give or take so will see as we go

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
89.5 this morning ..about five kilos down since early january..mid 2017..it was 124 kilos as weighed at the doctors and i do think i got to 127 kilos
Wow. That's awesome. Well done:)!!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Haven’t posted on here before but I noticed my jeans were a bit tight yesterday so I need a bit of focus.
This morning 58.0 kg which is 2-3kg up from comfortable for me.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Same weight but gallbladder or liver pain still not going away.
Just pleased no add or severe loss either. No vomiting so I take heart from it.

Hope everyone is well. Looking forward to some sort of 'normality' too.

Reactions: DJC3

Diawara

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wow. That's awesome. Well done:)!!
thank you @ickihun..its over two years since i found this site so ive followed your ongoing progress,,youve done so well as well ..keep it going!
anyway todays weight this morning was 89.2 kilos .. ive never been able to keep my weight so stable let alone lose weight!,.. to me both physically and mentally the diabetes thing has been a godsend...

Reactions: Ryhia and DJC3

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
02-05-2020
Weight has dropped to 46.4kg.
7 stone 3lb.
No idea why as have been eating plenty.

Edited to add:
Possibly the Keep Busy policy I started when MrSlim left to work in UK for three months.
The idea is not to have time to mope, or brood, until I get used to it.
Probably using more energy now.

@bexter75
Welcone to the thread. 2kg loss is a reasonable short term goal. Good luck with that.
@sno0opy Is your BMI is in the healthy range? If it is, no need for further weight loss.
@ickihun well done, maintaining is far better than a gain.

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
08-05-2020
Where are you everyone?
Weight this Friday morning 46.9kg
It's a bank holiday w/e. Everyone in the country has decided Lockdown is over. It's so Last Week. Hugs and kisses all round today. Well if it's ok Monday; why not Sunday? Saturday? Friday? Except it's not. OK That is. Still supposed to maintain social distancing.