Weekly weigh in - Fridays

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @SlimLizzy I couldn’t find this thread when Zi looked this morning. No idea why. I searched using ‘weigh’ but still no results. Luckily I just saw a notification that you’d posted here so I could follow on.
B/H weekend has had the same results where I live. Cornwall is now flooded with tourists.
Today I weighed 57.1kg so nearly 1kg down from last week as I’ve made an effort to stop snacking.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Hi @SlimLizzy I couldn’t find this thread when Zi looked this morning. No idea why. I searched using ‘weigh’ but still no results. Luckily I just saw a notification that you’d posted here so I could follow on.
B/H weekend has had the same results where I live. Cornwall is now flooded with tourists.
Today I weighed 57.1kg so nearly 1kg down from last week as I’ve made an effort to stop snacking.
That's really a really good effort @DJC3
To find this thread I usually trawl through my content. Keep thinking there must be an easier way.

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
To find this thread I usually trawl through my content. Keep thinking there must be an easier way.

That’s what I usually do too, but must have missed it somehow, and it was too early in the day for me to blame wine!!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That’s what I usually do too, but must have missed it somehow, and it was too early in the day for me to blame wine!!

Ladies, if using the browser, you could "watch" the thread, then if you can't find it, just click on "Watched Threads" at the top of any web page, and any threads you are watching will be displayed

upload_2020-5-9_13-34-30.png

Not sure about "watched threads" in the App, but looking in now, I see you have the option to view by threads in which you have participated. I got to that by pressing the hamburger in the top, right corner of the screen.

Just a couple of ideas.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ladies, if using the browser, you could "watch" the thread, then if you can't find it, just click on "Watched Threads" at the top of any web page, and any threads you are watching will be displayed

View attachment 41196

Not sure about "watched threads" in the App, but looking in now, I see you have the option to view by threads in which you have participated. I got to that by pressing the hamburger in the top, right corner of the screen.

Just a couple of ideas.

Thank you for the tips, I like the thought of a hamburger at the top of the screen. I don’t usually have a problem so my excuse is that I was probably still half asleep when I first tried!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for the tips, I like the thought of a hamburger at the top of the screen. I don’t usually have a problem so my excuse is that I was probably still half asleep when I first tried!

Ah! Now I see what the issue was - my ‘participated’ threads are frozen since Feb in the same way my notifications were recently. It’s not a big problem. I’ll remember to use the main website if I get glitches like this again.

Reactions: Ryhia and ickihun

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
thank you @ickihun..its over two years since i found this site so ive followed your ongoing progress,,youve done so well as well ..keep it going!
anyway todays weight this morning was 89.2 kilos .. ive never been able to keep my weight so stable let alone lose weight!,.. to me both physically and mentally the diabetes thing has been a godsend...
I weighed myself yesterday and I got a surprising 2kg loss, not sure if relating to irrational sleep without amitriptyline. I've read recently painkillers can prohibit weight loss. Just another med to have weight gain as a side effect?
I think I've lost due to the recent warmer climate and I always lose weight in summer. Although a cold front is on its way tonight/Sunday. So I'm nearing the 15st mark still. Any loss is a bonus as I'm about to stop insulin once I commit to strict monitoring but if any sick days arise I will have to use it in accordance to it's therapy treatment safety. I'm only taking 4units of triple strength basal and metformin. :) :) :) I'm absolutely delighted with my operation, for weight loss. Slowly has been better for me. My skin is coping very well with the loss of the 4 dress sizes less fat. I'm looking to be in a size 16 by Xmas. Winter coats are 18s, for now. Next week I will parcel up more of the 'too big' clothing for British Heart Foundation. I'm particularly enjoying wearing different jumpers. I still have a soft spot for the odd men's ones though. It reminds me of my youth.

MarkHaZ123

Just weighed myself last night as I knew I'd lost weight since my lady appointment at the hospital in March when I weighed 79kg
I'm now down to 76kg

Gone from 12st 4 to 12.

I'd say this is the only thing about being type 1 you can benefit from. I'm really surprised as my bloods have been in good range and I'v been eating so much more, Iv even been eating breakfast which I never normally do
It helps with a very active job and also doing alot of cycling

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This morning I weighed 57.6 kg so I appear to have put on 1/2 kg since last week! Darn it! Still, it’s not a race and just monitoring every week to keep an eye on things helps me focus.
@ickihun I’m so pleased for you, you are doing fantastically well and your talk of plans for coming off insulin are really heartening. Well done.

Reactions: Ryhia and ickihun

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
89kg today in the doctor's office: quite good- he was happy with the weight loss and improved blood pressure. I was getting some blood work done and I'm a bit worried about the results and my general health, but the doctor was quite nice and encouraging, and said I'd improved since last time.
"Keep losing weight!" were his parting words: well, it's good advice and I'm going to try to follow it!

Reactions: DJC3 and Diawara

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Just weighed myself last night as I knew I'd lost weight since my lady appointment at the hospital in March when I weighed 79kg
I'm now down to 76kg

Gone from 12st 4 to 12.

I'd say this is the only thing about being type 1 you can benefit from. I'm really surprised as my bloods have been in good range and I'v been eating so much more, Iv even been eating breakfast which I never normally do
It helps with a very active job and also doing alot of cycling
That is fantastic loss. Well done! :)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
89kg today in the doctor's office: quite good- he was happy with the weight loss and improved blood pressure. I was getting some blood work done and I'm a bit worried about the results and my general health, but the doctor was quite nice and encouraging, and said I'd improved since last time.
"Keep losing weight!" were his parting words: well, it's good advice and I'm going to try to follow it!
You're doing brilliantly. Well done.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
This morning I weighed 57.6 kg so I appear to have put on 1/2 kg since last week! Darn it! Still, it’s not a race and just monitoring every week to keep an eye on things helps me focus.
@ickihun I’m so pleased for you, you are doing fantastically well and your talk of plans for coming off insulin are really heartening. Well done.
You are doing brilliantly. 1/2kg is 1.1lb or do you mean between 1-2kg? Mind u still less than 2.2lb which for me can be a watch or heavy bangle/bracelet. I wish I was your weight rather than my 96kgs. Can we swop?

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
@ickihun 96kg! That's fantastic, you are still going the right way for you. I am sure it takes a lot of effort and will power to lose weight. You are doing really well. Won't be long before you can be comfortable in a size sixteen. Like you i prefer the next size up for winter coats.